Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

runtime error on gta sa..any clever gamers?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

runtime error on gta sa..any clever gamers?

Unread postby muppy03 » May 7th, 2008, 4:22 am

My Boy is driving me mad, I hope someone can help. On GTA SA which he has been playing for ages, all of a sudden he cant play a multi player game, when he tries to join he gets the runtime error.

This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please Contact the applications support team for more information.

We have tried re-nstalling etc. Everything else seems to be in order.

Any ideas please?
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: runtime error on gta sa..any clever gamers?

Unread postby Dino » May 7th, 2008, 5:16 am

What is the exact error?
Dino

Unread postby muppy03 » May 7th, 2008, 6:19 am

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\gta_sa.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please Contact the applications support team for more information.

The above is the error, out of interest it works fine on my boring old dell.
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Dino » May 7th, 2008, 4:18 pm

I think I may have an idea what it is about, but without any idea what the game is programmed in, I don't think I would want to try to offer some ideas.
Dino

Unread postby muppy03 » May 8th, 2008, 12:32 am

Hey dino, offer any ideas, its all good. Worst comes to worst he crashes then re-formatts, which hes a dab hand at doing. Everything is either backed up or he has the cd for. FYI the gta is all legal with disk etc.

The only thing he did, that I didnt know of was he d/l a trial version on nod32. He had AVG free running prior to that. Anyway I checked his log , which was all good except he had the avg and nod running together. (we have since disabled the avg while the nod is running).

I did notice while googling the problem, is that it seems quite common, but one of those things that does not seem to have a 'for sure' answer.

So as i said offer any ideas, would be nice to actually find a fix rather than resorting to reformatting.
He is running xp sp2, dont have all the system specs its a home build.

Chris :flower:
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Dino » May 8th, 2008, 4:33 am

Try installing .NET Framework. Most computers have .NET Framework, but some of them are using the older versions. This would result in errors when the program updates.

.NET Framework can be found in Windows Update (Start > All Programs > Windows Updates). The latest version I saw there was .NET Framework 2. If it doesn't work, try installing .NET Framework 3.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=10CC340B-F857-4A14-83F5-25634C3BF043&displaylang=en

The Service Pack for .NET Framework 3.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=EC2CA85D-B255-4425-9E65-1E88A0BDB72A&displaylang=en

It needs to be done in order, first install .NET Framework 2, followed by 3, then the SP for .NET Framework 3.
Dino

Unread postby muppy03 » May 10th, 2008, 4:18 am

Hey Dino, he was up to date in .net, anyway he was too impatient to try and find a fix and reformatted....soo all is working well until the next time he does whatever he does.

Thank you for taking the time to help tho :D
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Dino » May 10th, 2008, 4:24 am

At least it's solved. :D
Dino

Unread postby The_Napster » May 10th, 2008, 10:46 am

out of intrest, i also have GTA SA, and play Multiplayer.
I'm just wondering if he uses the MTA Race Multiplayer version (which i find is better, than SA-MP)
The_Napster

Unread postby muppy03 » May 10th, 2008, 8:18 pm

ummm, errr dont confuse the mother napster :mrgreen: I have no idea, but I shall ask him if he ever gets out of bed :roll:
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby i can relax » October 4th, 2008, 4:45 pm

muppy03 wrote:ummm, errr dont confuse the mother napster :mrgreen: I have no idea, but I shall ask him if he ever gets out of bed :roll:

:clown: WTF! DOES IT WORKS DOES RUNTIME ERROR GONE YAY! SOMEONE TELL ME WHEN TO TRY MY GTA SAMP!
i can relax

Unread postby muppy03 » October 4th, 2008, 8:39 pm

not sure if it worked, the boy was impatient and reformatted which fixed all the problems :pale:
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby i can relax » October 5th, 2008, 4:54 am

muppy03 wrote:not sure if it worked, the boy was impatient and reformatted which fixed all the problems :pale:

:( say what??? sooo my problems are not gone? with GTA SAMP? RUNTIME ERROR!?
i can relax

Unread postby Cyborg » October 5th, 2008, 6:51 am

Ok, that was pretty clear.

Muppy has already told you that her son has reformatted the PC, which has fixed all the problems.

say what??? sooo my problems are not gone? with GTA SAMP? RUNTIME ERROR!

?
Cyborg

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions