Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

trojandownloader.xs antispyware-reviews.biz browser hijacker

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: trojandownloader.xs antispyware-reviews.biz browser hijacker

Unread postby Scotty » May 7th, 2008, 7:37 am

Hi

Remember to disconnect from the Internet before carrying out the next instruction, and to save the following script before you do.You must
also manually disable your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. See the link below for instructions on doing this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html

Open Notepad - it must be Notepad, not Wordpad.
Copy the text below in the code box by highlighting all the text with your mouse and pressing Ctrl+C

Code: Select all
KillAll::

Registry::
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SpyZooka"=-
"gnlcfyji"=-

Go to the Notepad window and click Edit > Paste
Then click File > Save
Name the file "CFScript.txt" (including the quotes)
Save the file to your Desktop

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe

In your next reply post:
ComboFix.txt
New HijackThis log taken after the above scan has run
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby jombain » May 7th, 2008, 11:44 am

i have tried to do this 3 times with combofix and my computer goes to all blue screen real fast then restarts, another time it displayed a few messages in the command prompt real fast then restarted.

also the first time i ran combofix it never connected me back to the internet when it was done and it didnt change back my clock settings, i didnt interrupt it at all, i let it finish before i did anything. also after running it and then the computer restarts, i cant connect to the internet. i have to manually enter in my default gateway into my internet properties screen before it connects, because the default gateway field goes blank.
jombain

Unread postby Scotty » May 8th, 2008, 3:46 am

Hi

Im not sure what is going on there, but we will remove Combofix and do this manually.

• Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the x and the /u, it needs to be there.

Warning.Please note that this fix is specific for this poster and should not be used by anyone else:

1. Before we make changes to your registry, we need to make a back up.

Backup Your Registry with ERUNT

• Please use the following link and scroll down to ERUNT and download it.
    Here
  • For version with the Installer:
    Use the setup program to install ERUNT on your computer
  • For the zipped version:
    Unzip all the files into a folder of your choice.

Click Erunt.exe to backup your registry to the folder of your choice.

2. Please do this:

• Copy the contents of the Code Box below to Notepad.
  • Name the file as fix.reg
  • Change the Save as Type to All Files
  • and Save it on the desktop

Code: Select all
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SpyZooka"=-
"gnlcfyji"=-

Make sure there are NO blank lines before REGEDIT4

Then double-click on the fix.reg file, and when it prompts to merge say yes. Wait for the Merged successfully message then reboot.

Now right-click HijackThis and select "Run As Administrator" the select Scan and save a logfile and post the new log.
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Unread postby jombain » May 8th, 2008, 10:45 am

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:42:49 AM, on 5/8/2008
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16643)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Motorola\SMSERIAL\sm56hlpr.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Spare Backup\SpareBackup.exe
C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Google\Update\1.1.25.0\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\YouTube\Uploader\youtubeuploader.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html ... B&M=ML6232
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: McAntiPhishingBHO - {377C180E-6F0E-4D4C-980F-F45BD3D40CF4} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\mcapbho.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SMSERIAL] C:\Program Files\Motorola\SMSERIAL\sm56hlpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Spare Backup] "C:\Program Files\Spare Backup\SpareBackup.exe" /silent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BigFix] c:\program files\Bigfix\bigfix.exe /atstartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LanguageShortcut] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Launcher] %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Google\Update\1.1.25.0\GoogleUpdate.exe" /lang en
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: YouTube Uploader.lnk = C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\YouTube\Uploader\youtubeuploader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.mcafee.com
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partne ... nicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... vSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/wl/activex ... 0-3-48.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... /cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {BDBDE413-7B1C-4C68-A8FF-C5B2B4090876} (F-Secure Online Scanner 3.3) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-l ... cfscan.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{437A27EC-D339-4630-8E2F-FD74DE514627}: NameServer = 192.168.0.1,68.168.240.2
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{437A27EC-D339-4630-8E2F-FD74DE514627}: NameServer = 192.168.0.1,68.168.240.2
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Gateway Games\Gateway Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Anti-Spam Service (MSK80Service) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - SigmaTel, Inc. - C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\STacSV.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec RemoteAssist - Symantec, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Support Controls\ssrc.exe

--
End of file - 9026 bytes
jombain

Unread postby Scotty » May 8th, 2008, 4:48 pm

Hello

Congratulations, you appear to be malware free.

Delete the older versions of Java and download the newest.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components.
  1. Close any programmes you may have running, ESPECIALLY your web browser
  2. Click Start > Control Panel.
  3. Click Add/Remove Programs.
  4. Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  5. Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  6. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove all versions of Java.
  7. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Then download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) (5th one down the list), which is JRE6u6, and click Yes at the page warning. Under "Platform" select Windows, then check the box to accept the Licence Agreement. Click Yes at the second page warning before downloading the Offline file.
There is no need to download the Sun Download manager but it is optional.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a good program to keep. If you wish to keep it, use it to do a quick scan once a week and keep it updated.
Remember, only the paid for version offers real-time protection

Here is another couple of free programs I recommend.

Winpatrol
Winpatrol is heuristic protection program, meaning it looks for patterns in codes that work like malware. It also takes a snapshot of your system's critical resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without you knowing. You can read more about Winpatrol's features here.

You can get a free copy of Winpatrol or use the Plus version for more features.

You can read Winpatrol's FAQ if you run into problems.

Spyware Blaster
SpywareBlaster is a program that is used to secure Internet Explorer by making it harder for ActiveX programs to run on your computer. It does this by disabling known offending ActiveX programs from running at all.

You can download SpywareBlaster from Javacool.

If you need help in using SpywareBlaster, you can read SpywareBlaster's tutorial at Bleeping Computer.

Hosts File
A Hosts file is like a phone book. You look up someone's name in the phone book before calling him/her. Similarly, your PC will look up the website's IP address before you can view the website.

Hosts file will replace your current Hosts file with another one containing well-known advertisement sites, spyware sites and other bad sites. This new Hosts file will protect you by re-directing these bad sites to 127.0.0.1.

Here is a good Hosts file:

MVPS Hosts File

A tutorial about Hosts File can be found at Malware Removal.

Make sure your Windows is ALWAYS up to date!

An unpatched Windows is vulnerable and even with the "best" Antivirus and Firewall installed, malware will find its way through.
So visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ to download and install the latest updates.

Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.

Please check out Tony Klein's article "How did I get infected in the first place?"

Here is some great information from experts in this field that will help you stay clean and safe online.
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14

Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Unread postby jombain » May 8th, 2008, 11:44 pm

thank you so much scotty for all your help, i read the last post and am glad that my comp. appears to be clean! I cant believe you spent so much time and did such a thourough job! I know I spent so many hours doing all this and researching everything, you must of spent even more, thank you! now I have to start a new thread for my desktop!! I ran kaspersky on that and found a lot of things wrong even though it appears to be running fine!. hopefully it will come out as good as this machine!! thanks a lot,
michael
jombain

Unread postby askey127 » May 9th, 2008, 5:49 am

jombain, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous