Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2 - Need Help PLEASE!

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2 - Need Help PLEASE!

Unread postby ktreffin » May 7th, 2008, 12:23 pm

Hi Kelly,

I am sorry to hear that you are still having problems. Your logs do appear to be clean, however I would like to check one other thing. Please do the following:

Go to Start>Run and highlight the contents of the box below then use CTRL+C to copy them and CTRL+V to paste them into the run dialogue box.

Code: Select all
cmd /c copy C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts "%userprofile%\desktop\hosts.txt"

Click OK, This will copy your Host file into notepad and save it to your desktop. Please find the "hosts.txt" on your desktop and then double click to open it. Copy and paste the entire contents of the "hosts.txt" in your next reply.

Maybe this will shed some light on what is going on.

Thanks,
Ken
ktreffin
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby kmm10 » May 7th, 2008, 9:15 pm

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
kmm10

Unread postby ktreffin » May 9th, 2008, 7:05 am

Hi Kelly,

I wish I had an easy fix for you, unfortunately I don't. There is no indication that there is anything malware related causing your problems. One thing that you might want to consider doing is to try a different internet browser. I personally use FireFox and I am very happy with it. By doing this, we might be able to narrow it down to a Internet Explorer issue, and it might lead to a resolution. In the meanwhile at least you will have a browser that will work.

If you are interested try one of these:
Firefox
Opera

It's up to you...

Another route might be for you to visit a site that helps with "computer trouble shooting" issues. I suggest you use the following link to go to the CastleCops General Computer Problems forum for help from a CastleCops SRT...

http://www.castlecops.com/f120-General_ ... blems.html

I recommend that you register before posting your problem. Registered members can receive notification when there has been a reply to their topic. There is no way for CCSP to notify "guests" when they have received a reply.

If you have any questions or require any other assistance please let me know. Thanks.

Ken
ktreffin
Retired Graduate

Unread postby ktreffin » May 12th, 2008, 2:25 pm

Hello

THREE DAY BUMP!

It has been three days since my last post.
  • do you still need help with this?
  • do you need more time?
  • are you having problems following my instructions?
  • if after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed!

Please let me know if there are any problems. Thanks!

Ken
ktreffin
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Simon V. » May 14th, 2008, 9:22 am