Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

tried to download HJTsetup but wouldn't work?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

tried to download HJTsetup but wouldn't work?

Unread postby wendyb » April 19th, 2008, 8:24 am

Hello, I am new here, somewhat computer challanged...however I followed the "if you are new here" and tried to click on the link to download the HJT setup, however I received the following error message below: (please advise) Also I am pretty sure I don't have any 'pirated' software on my computer however, my laptop was always set up to access my husbands network at home so I could have faster internet connection upstairs in the house. He's had numerous 'computer guys' work on it over the years and we have scads of old software etc.in boxes back at home, I just don't know what has been installed on mine and I don't have the orginal disks with me. (I have his office manager searching through everything back home but I'm not sure which originals I will need-although I could always buy new stuff too) l We have moved away for a year, and I have my laptop with me , it is 8 yrs old and I am in a very remote location on dial up here. My concern after reading through things is I do ALL our banking online! I had no idea we could be in terrible danger. I thought all you needed was the latest virus scanner.

thank you, Wendy

HJTsetup.exe

Error 404 File Not found
You were referred from http://www.malwareremoval.com/rules.php Your IP is: 142.166.242.238
We are very sorry for any inconvenience
you will find some things have been moved

please start from the Index page and follow the links from there

Thanks for visiting and we are still here to help you with your spyware & Virus problems

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/

You were looking for /files/HJTsetup.exe This is most likely a file that has been moved.
if the url was http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/"name of file" Please change files to downloads in the link to get to it
wendyb

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: tried to download HJTsetup but wouldn't work?

Unread postby MWR 3 day Mod » April 22nd, 2008, 8:22 am

Hi, wendyb

We are sorry to see your topic is over three days old and no one has yet been able to respond and offer help.

If you still require assistance, please post a link to your topic in our Waiting for help with malware removal? forum, and our staff will make an effort to assist you as promptly as possible. Only post a LINK to this topic, DO NOT post your DDS log!

Please do not reply to this topic.

If you haven't posted within two days in the "Waiting for help with malware removal?" forum, we will assume you have been able to get assistance in other ways and this topic will be closed.
MWR 3 day Mod
MRU Undergrad
MRU Undergrad

Unread postby Katana » April 24th, 2008, 3:19 am

Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.

Unless informed of in advance, failure to post replies within 5 days will result in this thread being closed.

Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
1. If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
2. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
3. Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)

If you can do those three things, everything should go smoothly :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi wendyb,

what problems are you having that prompted you to come here ?

Click here to download HJTinstall.exe
  • Save HJTinstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Double click on the HJTinstall.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Hijack This.
  • Click I accept
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
  • Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby wendyb » April 25th, 2008, 4:40 pm

Hello Katana, and thank you. I have always plugged in my laptop to my husbands network. Now we have moved to the middle of nowhere and I am on dialup. The first month I didn't notice much of a difference. Then my computer has gotten INCREDIBLY slow, in fact I hardly use it now. I get SO MUCH spam email through outlook and I don't know how to stop it. We figured the computer was 8 yrs old, there are pics stored on it etc. Then i started getting this pop up adware thing that said it was scanning my files and all these things I was infected with. I figured it was just spam and kept ignoring it, then finally googled it one day and that led me here as others had the same problem. Then after reading here I realized how unprotected I am and how incredibly inept I am to fix this by myself. And so I am here to try and find out what is currently on my computer and what I should install to best help protect my computer ;-)

I will await your feedback, and thanks again.

regards

Wendy

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:35:17 PM, on 25/04/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SiteAdv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ca/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {089FD14D-132B-48FC-8861-0048AE113215} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiteAdvisor] C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SiteAdv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [GLF87.tmp] cmd /c "rmdir /s /q "C:\Program Files\GLF87.tmp""
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [GLF87.tmp_sliprt] cmd /c "del /q "C:\WINDOWS\sliprt.dll.old""
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSKAGENTEXE] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKAgent.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: Internet Call Manager.LNK = C:\Program Files\Internet Call Manager\ICM.EXE
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Photosmart Premier Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/share ... insctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {A18962F6-E6ED-40B1-97C9-1FB36F38BFA8} (Aurigma Image Uploader 3.5 Control) - http://photolab.ca/en/Photo/ImageUploader3.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/share ... cgdmgr.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{44649137-EE16-49BF-9B0D-D8160CB047E8}: NameServer = 198.164.30.2 198.164.4.2
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{5C24EA1C-4D3F-4A39-ABFC-54434251AA21}: NameServer = 66.82.4.8
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: HP Port Resolver - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\HPBPRO.EXE
O23 - Service: HP Status Server - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\HPBOID.EXE
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe

--
End of file - 8122 bytes
wendyb

Unread postby Katana » April 26th, 2008, 4:36 am

Hi Wendy,

There is no obvious signs of malware there, how log have you been getting these popups ?

Deckard's System Scanner (DSS)

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop.
Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
  1. Close all applications and windows.
  2. Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  3. When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<-this one will be minimized
  4. Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and the extra.txt to your post. in your reply

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply
    • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Please post both logs in your reply
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby wendyb » April 26th, 2008, 2:45 pm

Katana:

I just got your message and will follow the instructions. However....

since I downloaded HJTinstall.exe I immediately and can no longer access ANY of my online banking accounts-I access them several times a day! Is this normal???? If it is, I wasn't aware of that! eeek.
thank you

Wendy
wendyb

Unread postby Katana » April 26th, 2008, 3:43 pm

wendyb wrote:Is this normal???? If it is, I wasn't aware of that! eeek.

Nope, that isn't normal.

HJT doesn't fix anything unless you tell it to, if you followed the instructions I posted then HJT is not the cause
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby wendyb » April 26th, 2008, 5:30 pm

hmmm that is just bizarre. I was into all the accounts every day this week, then downloaded the file. Printed out your instructions and followed it exactly, ticking off as I went.

I can access the home page of the bank, ie.royal, cibc, td etc. but when I click on the account login that usually takes me to the pop up of the saved card #'s etc. and for me to enter my password it just comes up

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
Page Not Displayed.

This has never happened before. If it was just one bank, I would understand, but all of them, all day long?

thanks

Wendy
wendyb

Unread postby Katana » April 26th, 2008, 6:00 pm

Follow the instructions here, and let's see what's going on.
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby wendyb » April 27th, 2008, 5:16 pm

Hello there. I followed your instructions exactly (which incidentally are really easy to follow thank you) and here are the logs ;-) Following this, I was able to connect to my bills etc.

Please advise when you have time.

thanks so much

Wendy

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Run by wendy on 2008-04-26 20:33:25
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------

Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point.

-- Last 5 Restore Point(s) --
74: 2008-04-27 00:34:20 UTC - RP1127 - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point
73: 2008-04-26 14:49:52 UTC - RP1126 - System Checkpoint
72: 2008-04-25 12:21:07 UTC - RP1125 - System Checkpoint
71: 2008-04-24 10:08:34 UTC - RP1124 - System Checkpoint
70: 2008-04-23 09:11:08 UTC - RP1123 - System Checkpoint

-- First Restore Point --
1: 2008-02-16 09:52:59 UTC - RP1054 - System Checkpoint

Backed up registry hives.
Performed disk cleanup.

Total Physical Memory: 192 MiB (512 MiB recommended).

-- HijackThis (run as wendy.exe) -----------------------------------------------

logfile has no content; running clone.
-- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------

Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2008-04-26 20:40:46
Platform: Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\smss.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\MNA\McNASvc.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\McProxy\McProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\Mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MpfSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqste08.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\agent.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\Desktop\dss.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.google.com/ie
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.google.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ca/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.google.com/ie
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.google.com/search?q=%s
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.google.com/ie
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Search_URL = http://www.google.com/ie
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.google.com/ie
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {089FD14D-132B-48FC-8861-0048AE113215} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar3.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [GLF87.tmp] cmd /c "rmdir /s /q "C:\Program Files\GLF87.tmp""
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [GLF87.tmp_sliprt] cmd /c "del /q "C:\WINDOWS\sliprt.dll.old""
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: Internet Call Manager.LNK = C:\Program Files\Internet Call Manager\ICM.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Photosmart Premier Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: C:\WINDOWS\system32\nwprovau.dll
O16 - DPF: {02BCC737-B171-4746-94C9-0D8A0B2C0089} (Microsoft Office Template and Media Control) - http://office.microsoft.com/templates/ieawsdc.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/share ... insctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Plug-in 1.5.0_09) - http://java.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinsta ... s-i586.cab
O16 - DPF: {8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C} () - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/fl ... rashim.cab
O16 - DPF: {A18962F6-E6ED-40B1-97C9-1FB36F38BFA8} (Aurigma Image Uploader 3.5 Control) - http://photolab.ca/en/Photo/ImageUploader3.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/share ... cgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... wflash.cab
O17 - HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{5C24EA1C-4D3F-4A39-ABFC-54434251AA21}: NameServer = 66.82.4.8
O18 - Protocol: cdo - {CD00020A-8B95-11D1-82DB-00C04FB1625D} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\PKMCDO.DLL
O18 - Protocol: lid - {5C135180-9973-46D9-ABF4-148267CBB8BF} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvidctl.dll
O18 - Protocol: mso-offdap - {3D9F03FA-7A94-11D3-BE81-0050048385D1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Components\10\OWC10.DLL
O18 - Protocol: siteadvisor - {3A5DC592-7723-4EAA-9EE6-AF4222BCF879} - C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6253\SiteAdv.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: crypt32chain - C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypt32.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: cryptnet - C:\WINDOWS\system32\cryptnet.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: cscdll - C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscdll.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ScCertProp - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wlnotify.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: Schedule - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wlnotify.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: SensLogn - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WlNotify.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: termsrv - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wlnotify.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: wlballoon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wlnotify.dll
O21 - SSODL: PostBootReminder - {7849596a-48ea-486e-8937-a2a3009f31a9} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll
O21 - SSODL: CDBurn - {fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll
O21 - SSODL: WebCheck - {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\webcheck.dll
O21 - SSODL: SysTray - {35CEC8A3-2BE6-11D2-8773-92E220524153} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\stobject.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: HP Port Resolver - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\HPBPRO.EXE
O23 - Service: HP Status Server - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\HPBOID.EXE
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\MNA\McNASvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\McProxy\McProxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\Mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MpfSrv.exe

--
End of file - 11203 bytes

-- File Associations -----------------------------------------------------------

All associations okay.

-- Drivers: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled ---------------------

R1 AFS2K - c:\windows\system32\drivers\afs2k.sys <Not Verified; Oak Technology Inc.; AFS>
R1 cdrbsvsd - c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrbsvsd.sys <Not Verified; B.H.A Corporation; B's Recorder GOLD7>
R1 MPFP - c:\windows\system32\drivers\mpfp.sys <Not Verified; McAfee, Inc.; McAfee Personal Firewall Plus>
R2 irda (IrDA Protocol) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\irda.sys <Not Verified; Microsoft Corporation; Microsoft® Windows® Operating System>
R2 NwlnkIpx (NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\nwlnkipx.sys <Not Verified; Microsoft Corporation; Microsoft® Windows® Operating System>
R2 NwlnkNb (NWLink NetBIOS) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\nwlnknb.sys <Not Verified; Microsoft Corporation; Microsoft® Windows® Operating System>
R2 NwlnkSpx (NWLink SPX/SPXII Protocol) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\nwlnkspx.sys <Not Verified; Microsoft Corporation; Microsoft® Windows® Operating System>
R3 ds1 (Yamaha DS1 Audio Driver (WDM)) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\ds1wdm.sys <Not Verified; Yamaha Corp.; Yamaha DS-1>
R3 ltmodem5 (Toshiba Modem Driver) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\ltmdmntt.sys <Not Verified; LT; TOSHIBA V.90 Data+Fax Modem Version 6.08>
R3 OBOE (Toshiba FIR Port Type-DO) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\tos4mo.sys <Not Verified; TOSHIBA Corporation; TOSHIBA FIR Type-O Miniport Driver>
R3 pfc (Padus ASPI Shell) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\pfc.sys <Not Verified; Padus, Inc.; Padus(R) ASPI Shell>
R3 Rasirda (WAN Miniport (IrDA)) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\rasirda.sys <Not Verified; Microsoft Corporation; Microsoft® Windows® Operating System>
R3 S3SavageMX - c:\windows\system32\drivers\s3savmxm.sys <Not Verified; S3 Graphics, Inc.; S3 Savage/MX, Savage/IX Miniport Driver>

S3 DLKRCB (D-Link DFE-690TXD CardBus PC Card) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\dlkrcb.sys <Not Verified; D-Link Corp.; D-Link DFE-690TXD CardBus PC Card>
S3 EL3C574 (FE574B-3Com 10/100 LAN PCCard Device Driver) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\el574nd4.sys <Not Verified; 3Com Corporation; 3Com Megahertz 574B PC Card NDIS4>
S3 IPFilter (Microsoft IntelliPoint Features driver) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\ipfilter.sys (file missing)
S3 LSWPCv4 (Wireless-B Notebook Adapter Driver) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtl8180.sys <Not Verified; Realtek Semiconductor Corporation; Realtek RTL8180 Wireless LAN (Mini-)PCI NIC>
S3 WpdUsb - c:\windows\system32\drivers\wpdusb.sys <Not Verified; Microsoft Corporation; Microsoft® Windows® Operating System>

-- Services: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled --------------------

R2 Irmon (Infrared Monitor) - c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs <Not Verified; Microsoft Corporation; Microsoft® Windows® Operating System>

S3 HP Port Resolver - c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpbpro.exe <Not Verified; Hewlett-Packard Company; PortResolver Module>
S3 HP Status Server - c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpboid.exe <Not Verified; Hewlett-Packard Company; HP Status Server>

-- Device Manager: Disabled ----------------------------------------------------

No disabled devices found.

-- Scheduled Tasks -------------------------------------------------------------

2008-04-01 01:01:55 352 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\McQcTask.job
2008-03-15 01:41:48 350 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\McDefragTask.job

-- Files created between 2008-03-26 and 2008-04-26 -----------------------------

2008-04-25 17:33:55 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro

-- Find3M Report ---------------------------------------------------------------

2008-04-26 18:38:54 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\Application Data\SiteAdvisor
2008-04-25 17:08:27 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound
2008-04-25 17:07:17 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\Application Data\Real
2008-04-25 17:07:16 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound
2008-04-25 17:07:06 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\Application Data\Google
2008-04-25 17:07:05 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\Application Data\Adobe
2008-04-25 17:07:04 0 d--h----- C:\Program Files\GLF87.tmp
2008-04-25 17:06:39 0 d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\Application Data\SlipStream
2008-03-30 14:42:44 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\McAfee
2008-03-19 05:47:00 1845248 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32k.sys <Not Verified; Microsoft Corporation; Microsoft® Windows® Operating System>
2008-03-13 00:34:18 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Canon
2008-03-13 00:32:05 0 d--h----- C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2008-03-13 00:23:25 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Corel
2008-03-13 00:23:11 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files
2008-03-13 00:02:32 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
2008-02-20 02:51:05 282624 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll <Not Verified; Microsoft Corporation; Microsoft® Windows® Operating System>
2008-02-20 01:32:43 45568 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\dnsrslvr.dll <Not Verified; Microsoft Corporation; Microsoft® Windows® Operating System>
2008-01-27 00:44:54 0 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\PowerReg.dat

-- Registry Dump ---------------------------------------------------------------

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"@"="" []
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [03/12/2005 02:51 PM]
"HPDJ Taskbar Utility"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe" [11/07/2002 08:06 AM]
"ISUSPM Startup"="C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" [16/06/2004 06:03 AM]
"ISUSScheduler"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [16/06/2004 06:03 AM]
"HP Software Update"="C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe" [08/05/2007 04:24 PM]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe" [12/10/2006 04:10 AM]
"SiteAdvisor"="C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6172\SiteAdv.exe" [18/11/2006 08:46 AM]
"TkBellExe"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [08/07/2007 05:42 PM]
"mcagent_exe"="C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" [04/08/2007 02:33 AM]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"CTFMON.EXE"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [04/08/2004 03:56 AM]
"MSKAGENTEXE"="C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKAgent.exe" []
"MsnMsgr"="C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.exe" [29/03/2005 06:28 PM]
"swg"="C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [13/07/2007 05:58 PM]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\runonce]
"GLF87.tmp"=cmd /c "rmdir /s /q "C:\Program Files\GLF87.tmp""
"GLF87.tmp_sliprt"=cmd /c "del /q "C:\WINDOWS\sliprt.dll.old""

C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Gamma.lnk - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe [16/03/2005 7:16:50 PM]
Internet Call Manager.LNK - C:\Program Files\Internet Call Manager\ICM.EXE [04/01/2008 12:20:16 AM]
PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe [27/01/2008 12:45:52 AM]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [23/09/2005 10:05:26 PM]
HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk - C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe [19/02/2006 4:21:22 AM]
HP Photosmart Premier Fast Start.lnk - C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe [10/02/2006 7:56:20 AM]
Kodak EasyShare software.lnk - C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe [11/08/2004 2:22:40 AM]
KODAK Software Updater.lnk - C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe [13/03/2002 6:08:34 AM]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\mcmscsvc]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MCODS]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\vds]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\{533C5B84-EC70-11D2-9505-00C04F79DEAF}]
@="Volume shadow copy"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\MSMSGS]
"C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-04-26 20:43:27 ------------
Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Extra logfile - please post this as an attachment with your post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows XP Professional (build 2600) SP 2.0
Architecture: X86; Language: English

CPU 0: Intel Pentium III processor
Percentage of Memory in Use: 83%
Physical Memory (total/avail): 191.42 MiB / 32.23 MiB
Pagefile Memory (total/avail): 562.8 MiB / 218.6 MiB
Virtual Memory (total/avail): 2047.88 MiB / 1949.78 MiB

A: is Removable (No Media)
C: is Fixed (NTFS) - 37.31 GiB total, 17.5 GiB free.
D: is CDROM (No Media)
E: is Removable (No Media)

\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 - SAMSUNG MP0402H - 37.31 GiB - 1 partition
\PARTITION0 (bootable) - Installable File System - 37.31 GiB - C:

\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1 - HP Photosmart C5180 USB Device

-- Security Center -------------------------------------------------------------

AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install.
Windows Internal Firewall is disabled.

AntiVirusDisableNotify is set.
FirewallDisableNotify is set.
UpdatesDisableNotify is set.
AntivirusOverride is set.

FW: McAfee Personal Firewall v (McAfee)
AV: McAfee VirusScan v (McAfee)

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:MSN Messenger 7.0"

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Picture Organiser\\PictureOrganiser.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Picture Organiser\\PictureOrganiser.exe:*:Enabled:PictureOrganiser"
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:MSN Messenger 7.0"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqtra08.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqtra08.exe:*:Enabled:hpqtra08.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqste08.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqste08.exe:*:Enabled:hpqste08.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpofxm08.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpofxm08.exe:*:Enabled:hpofxm08.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposfx08.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposfx08.exe:*:Enabled:hposfx08.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposid01.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposid01.exe:*:Enabled:hposid01.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqscnvw.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqscnvw.exe:*:Enabled:hpqscnvw.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqkygrp.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqkygrp.exe:*:Enabled:hpqkygrp.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqCopy.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqCopy.exe:*:Enabled:hpqcopy.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpfccopy.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpfccopy.exe:*:Enabled:hpfccopy.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpzwiz01.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpzwiz01.exe:*:Enabled:hpzwiz01.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqPhUnl.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqPhUnl.exe:*:Enabled:hpqphunl.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqDIA.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqDIA.exe:*:Enabled:hpqdia.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpoews01.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpoews01.exe:*:Enabled:hpoews01.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqnrs08.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqnrs08.exe:*:Enabled:hpqnrs08.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe:*:Enabled:LimeWire"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\McAfee\\MNA\\McNASvc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\McAfee\\MNA\\McNASvc.exe:*:Enabled:McAfee Network Agent"

-- Environment Variables -------------------------------------------------------

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\wendy\Application Data
CLASSPATH=C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\QTJava.zip
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=WENDYLAP
ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\wendy
LOGONSERVER=\\WENDYLAP
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\AGL
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0801
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
QTJAVA=C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\QTJava.zip
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\wendy\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\wendy\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERDOMAIN=WENDYLAP
USERNAME=wendy
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\wendy
windir=C:\WINDOWS

-- User Profiles ---------------------------------------------------------------

joel (admin)
wendyc
wendy (admin)
joel.WENDYLAP (admin)
Administrator (admin)

-- Add/Remove Programs ---------------------------------------------------------

--> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\r1puninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0
--> rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 C:\WINDOWS\INF\PCHealth.inf
Adobe Bridge 1.0 --> MsiExec.exe /I{B74D4E10-1033-0000-0000-000000000001}
Adobe Common File Installer --> MsiExec.exe /I{8EDBA74D-0686-4C99-BFDD-F894678E5B39}
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX --> C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\uninstall_activeX.exe
Adobe Help Center 1.0 --> MsiExec.exe /I{E9787678-1033-0000-8E67-000000000001}
Adobe Illustrator CS2 --> msiexec /I {B2F5D08C-7E79-4FCD-AAF4-57AD35FF0601}
Adobe Image Viewer Plugin 4.0 --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\ImageViewer\Winstall.exe -u -fC:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\ImageViewer\Install.log
Adobe Photoshop Album --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{D5F9E6AA-7075-49EC-992F-A6213C73607F}\apxp.ex_" -l0x9
Adobe Reader 7.0.9 --> MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A70900000002}
Adobe Stock Photos 1.0 --> MsiExec.exe /I{786C5747-1033-0000-B58E-000000000001}
Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0 --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\SVG Viewer 3.0\Uninstall\Winstall.exe -u -fC:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\SVG Viewer 3.0\Uninstall\Install.log
CCHelp --> MsiExec.exe /I{9D1CF8B6-17B3-4832-B062-2C2DD0B57B04}
CCScore --> MsiExec.exe /I{B4B44FE7-41FF-4DAD-8C0A-E406DDA72992}
ESSAdpt --> MsiExec.exe /I{D15E9DB5-6BEB-4534-901E-80C0A29BAB97}
ESSANUP --> MsiExec.exe /I{A6F18A67-B771-4191-8A33-36D2E742D6D9}
ESSCAM --> MsiExec.exe /I{469730CC-78DF-4CD3-B286-562D459EA619}
ESSCDBK --> MsiExec.exe /I{AE1FA02D-E6A4-4EA0-8E58-6483CAC016DD}
ESScore --> MsiExec.exe /I{9D8FEE90-0377-49A9-AEFB-525BDE549BA4}
ESSgui --> MsiExec.exe /I{91517631-A9F3-4B7C-B482-43E0068FD55A}
ESShelp --> MsiExec.exe /I{87843A41-7808-4F2E-B13F-25C1E67CF2FD}
ESSini --> MsiExec.exe /I{8E92D746-CD9F-4B90-9668-42B74C14F765}
ESSPCD --> MsiExec.exe /I{14D4ED84-6A9A-45A0-96F6-1753768C3CB5}
ESSSONIC --> MsiExec.exe /I{4F677FC7-7AA8-412B-A957-F13CBE1C7331}
ESSvpaht --> MsiExec.exe /I{A5B3EB8A-4071-42F0-8E8E-7A8342AA8E69}
ESSvpot --> MsiExec.exe /I{48C82F7A-F100-4DAB-A310-8E18BF2159E1}
Family Tree Maker 2005 --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{B136E4A4-7660-4F15-9752-EF8E6BA7866D}\setup.exe" -l0x9
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer --> regsvr32 /u /s "c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll"
HijackThis 2.0.2 --> "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe" /uninstall
HLPIndex --> MsiExec.exe /I{38441BE7-79B0-42B8-8297-833704F949FE}
HLPRFO --> MsiExec.exe /I{AADAC983-FDE9-42FA-8FD9-7BB324155593}
HP Customer Participation Program 7.0 --> C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\ExtCapUninstall\hpzscr01.exe -datfile hpqhsc01.dat
hp deskjet 5550 series (Remove only) --> C:\Program Files\hp deskjet 5550 series\hpfiui.exe -c -vdivid=HPF -vpnum=95 -vinstport=\\Joel\hpdeskje -vproduct=5550 -huninstall
HP Document Viewer 7.0 --> C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\DocumentViewer\hpzscr01.exe -datfile hpqbud04.dat
HP Imaging Device Functions 7.0 --> C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\DeviceManagement\hpzscr01.exe -datfile hpqbud01.dat
HP Photosmart Premier Software 6.5 --> C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\uninstall\hpzscr01.exe -datfile hpqscr01.dat
HP Photosmart, Officejet and Deskjet 7.0.A --> C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\{BDBE2F3E-42DB-4d4a-8CB1-19BA765DBC6C}\setup\hpzscr01.exe -datfile hposcr11.dat
hp print screen utility --> C:\WINDOWS\system32\prnunins.exe
HP Solution Center 7.0 --> C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\eSupport\hpzscr01.exe -datfile hpqbud05.dat
HP Update --> MsiExec.exe /X{25F6C900-C138-4888-A56C-91D3D063023A}
Internet Call Manager --> C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~2\UNINST~1.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~2\INSTALL.LOG
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0150090}
Jungo --> C:\PROGRA~1\GAMEHO~1\Jungo\UNWISE.EXE /U C:\PROGRA~1\GAMEHO~1\Jungo\INSTALL.LOG
KSU --> MsiExec.exe /I{B997C2A0-4383-41BF-B76E-9B8B7ECFB267}
LeadTool --> MsiExec.exe /I{050ED764-D5FD-4D33-8FCD-AC48250C0798}
Macromedia Flash Player --> MsiExec.exe /X{4ecaf021-478c-40c1-b777-3368a15f9966}
Macromedia Shockwave Player --> C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\SHOCKW~1\UNWISE.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\SHOCKW~1\Install.log
McAfee SecurityCenter --> C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcuninst.exe
Microsoft Office 2000 Disc 2 --> MsiExec.exe /I{00040409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}
Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage --> MsiExec.exe /I{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}
Microsoft Web Publishing Wizard 1.52 --> RunDll32 ADVPACK.DLL,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\wpie4x86.inf,WebPostUninstall
MSN Messenger 7.0 --> MsiExec.exe /I{ABEB838C-A1A7-4C5D-B7E1-8B4314600777}
NCH Tone Generator --> C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\ToneGen\uninst.exe
Notifier --> MsiExec.exe /I{0008546E-DF6E-4CC1-AFD0-2CB8E16C95A2}
OCR Software by I.R.I.S 7.0 --> C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\OCR\hpzscr01.exe -datfile hpqbud11.dat
OTtBP --> MsiExec.exe /I{F71760CD-0F8B-4DCC-B7B7-6B223CC3843C}
OTtBPSDK --> MsiExec.exe /I{3CA39B0C-BA85-4D42-AC0F-1FF5F60C3353}
PCDADDIN --> MsiExec.exe /I{65D85050-5610-4A91-A3B1-D5C744291AD4}
PCDHELP --> MsiExec.exe /I{C99DCDA4-7407-4F72-A77E-C81C551D0C4E}
PCDLNCH --> MsiExec.exe /I{69BD6399-3D8F-45B7-81D9-819361F5101D}
PCDrdsho --> MsiExec.exe /I{C42C10A8-F2F4-4846-B772-ABD1912A2E85}
QuickTime --> C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\Driver\11\INTEL3~1\IDriver.exe /M{3868A8EE-5051-4DB0-8DF6-4F4B8A98D083} /l1033
RealPlayer --> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\r1puninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0
Rhapsody Player Engine --> MsiExec.exe /I{2DFF31F9-7893-4922-AF66-C9A1EB4EBB31}
SFR --> MsiExec.exe /I{C354C9B6-A4E0-4BB0-A368-6DC6BCA0E314}
SFR2 --> MsiExec.exe /I{A0AF08BA-3630-4505-BFB2-A41F3837B0D0}
Sony USB Driver --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{5C29CB8B-AC1E-4114-8D68-9CD080140D4A}\Setup.exe" UNINSTALL
upapp --> MsiExec.exe /I{4EF69D40-4DC9-485E-95D3-B1C22F218FC8}
Viewpoint Media Player (Remove Only) --> C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Media Player\mtsAxInstaller.exe /u
VPRINTOL --> MsiExec.exe /I{999D43F4-9709-4887-9B1A-83EBB15A8370}
WavePad Uninstall --> C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\WavePad\uninst.exe

-- Application Event Log -------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type7813 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 04/26/2008 03:03:37 PM
Event ID/Source: 15 / AutoEnrollment
Event Description:
Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the active directory (0x8007054b). The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.
Enrollment will not be performed.

Event Record #/Type7812 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 04/26/2008 07:03:35 AM
Event Description:
Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the active directory (0x8007054b). The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

Event Record #/Type7811 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 04/25/2008 11:03:34 PM
Event Description:

Event Record #/Type7809 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 04/25/2008 03:03:32 PM
Event Description:

Event Record #/Type7806 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 04/25/2008 08:56:19 AM
Event ID/Source: 1000 / Application Error
Event Description:
Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.
Processing media-specific event for [iexplore.exe!ws!]

-- Security Event Log ----------------------------------------------------------

No Errors/Warnings found.

-- System Event Log ------------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type124160 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 04/26/2008 08:02:22 PM
Event ID/Source: 5719 / NETLOGON
Event Description:
No Domain Controller is available for domain TUX due to the following:
%%1311.

Make sure that the computer is connected to the network and try
again. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

Event Record #/Type124156 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 04/26/2008 03:47:22 PM
Event Description:
%%1311.

Event Record #/Type124154 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 04/26/2008 11:47:22 AM
Event Description:
%%1311.

Event Record #/Type124149 / Warning
Event Submitted/Written: 04/26/2008 08:14:01 AM
Event ID/Source: 36 / W32Time
Event Description:
The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time
for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to
provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.

Event Record #/Type124148 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 04/26/2008 07:47:21 AM
Event Description:
%%1311.

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-04-26 20:43:27 ------------

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.11
Database version: 689

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 121506
Time elapsed: 5 hour(s), 18 minute(s), 18 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2b96d5cc-c5b5-49a5-a69d-cc0a30f9028c} (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
wendyb

Unread postby Katana » April 27th, 2008, 5:53 pm

OK, a couple of questions and then we will try and sort a couple of things out...

There is nothing in your logs that would be causing popups, are they still happening and if so what exactly do they say ?

Have you recently installed any software ?
How long have you had McAfee on the machine ?
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby wendyb » April 27th, 2008, 7:37 pm

OK, a couple of questions and then we will try and sort a couple of things out...

There is nothing in your logs that would be causing popups, are they still happening and if so what exactly do they say ?

..........I guess in some ways I am relieved. I guess I thought that perhaps the infected file "the adware.minibug' that was found and deleted today during the scan might have been responsible? The laptop seems much faster connecting to internet, even in typing or switching between windows.

.........It has not happened since the day I first contacted you. It had happened about 6-8 times prior to that in the span of a couple of weeks. I would be logged online working on something or checking on yahoo email etc and the adware would come on and take over and the page I was working on would disappear. I thought it was spam at first and just ignored it. It kept telling me I was infected with a bunch of adware etc. The whole computer seemed to slow right down so even a simple task took forever.

Have you recently installed any software ?

.............I don't believe so. I think the last thing I installed on the laptop was a few months ago and a Dora game I bought for the kids. I recently uninstalled some kids games and corel, dialup accelorator, etc. off the machine though to try and free up some room, thinking that was maybe what was slowing it down so badly.

How long have you had McAfee on the machine ?

..........I'm not exactly sure. 2 yrs I think. I'm sorry, I would have to contact my husbands office to find out when it was put on and when the renewals were done. It is all paid for thru his business.

...........Do you recommend purchasing the Malware updated version? Are there any other programs I should get to be protected?
wendyb

Unread postby Katana » April 28th, 2008, 6:38 am

Hi Wendy,

Right then let's see what we can sort out.
First off, I'm not sure we we be able to do much about the machine being slow. Your log shows
Total Physical Memory: 192 MiB (512 MiB recommended).

192 MiB is not very much Ram for modern programs, and this will be causing a lot of your troubles.
We can stop a few of the programs from Auto start and this may help a bit.

Fix With HJT

Close all other windows and then start HiJack This
Click Do A System Scan Only
When it has finished scanning put a check next to the following lines IF still present

- Close ALL open windows (especially Internet Explorer!)-
Now click Fix checked
Click yes to any prompts
Close HijackThis

I would consider changing your AntiVirus, McAfee uses a lot of ram and you don't really have any to spare.

Your Java and Adobe is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.

Please follow these steps to remove older version Java and Adobe components and update.

Updating Java:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u6 from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
  • Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.

Update Adobe Acrobat Reader
  • Please go to this link Adobe Acrobat Reader Download Link
  • Cllick Download
  • On the right Untick Adobe Phototshop Album Starter Edition if you do not wish to include this in the installation.
  • Click the Continue button
  • Click Run, and click Run again
  • Next click the Install Now button and follow the on screen prompts

Now close all windows, including your browser.
Double click on the Java installation that you downloaded and follow the prompts.

Remove Programs
Now click Start---Control Panel. Double click Add or Remove Programs. If any of the following programs are listed there,
click on the program to highlight it, and click on remove.
  • Adobe Reader 7.0.9
  • J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9
  • Viewpoint Media Player <<< I would recommend removing this if you don't use it.
Now close the Control Panel.

Reboot your machine.

Please post a fresh HJT log in your reply
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby wendyb » April 29th, 2008, 1:21 pm

thanks so much for letting me know. I guess having an older computer has it's drawbacks! There are probably so many other things that could be removed LOL The only things I need this computer for are my email and typing the odd letter or excel program. I put the kids games on another computer now.

I would consider changing your AntiVirus, McAfee uses a lot of ram and you don't really have any to spare.

................I wonder if you could recommend one that would be a better choice?

Update Adobe Acrobat Reader

Please go to this link Adobe Acrobat Reader Download Link
Cllick Download
On the right Untick Adobe Phototshop Album Starter Edition if you do not wish to include this in the installation.
Click the Continue button
Click Run, and click Run again
Next click the Install Now button and follow the on screen prompts

............I found this to be a bit challenging to download as it wasn't exactly as described here. There was no Untick Adobe Photoshop anywhere, but there was a media player one that was checked. I left it all as it was and just followed the prompts. It did take an hour or more to download.

...........Then when I clicked on the INstall Now, it came up and asked me to set my options and proxies. I hope I did this all correctly.

Adobe Reader 7.0.9
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9
Viewpoint Media Player <<< I would recommend removing this if you don't use it.

...............the first one was not there, but the other 2 were and I did as instructed.

Please post a fresh HJT log in your reply

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:10:29 PM, on 29/04/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Call Manager\ICM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{5C24EA1C-4D3F-4A39-ABFC-54434251AA21}: NameServer = 66.82.4.8
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe

--
End of file - 5849 bytes
wendyb

Unread postby Katana » April 29th, 2008, 3:52 pm

That's looking a lot cleaner :)

Let's see what else we can get rid of :lol:

Do you use Google toolbar or McAfee SiteAdvisor ?
The toolbar doesn't use much, but if you don't use it then it can go.
Site Advisor however is well known for slowing browsing speeds. Unless you regularly visit unknown sites then you don't need it on all the time.

Download Winpatrol It is an excellent startup manager and then some !!

Install Winpatrol, and when running click on the Startup Programs tab
The following items can safely be disabled.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

Just click on each item and then click Disable

Reboot your computer and see if that has helped the speed

AntiVirus ......

I personally use Avast, and am more than happy with its performance. It uses a lot less memory than McAfee.
Avast

Let me know how things are running and if there are any other problems
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!