Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Numerous problems with malware

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Numerous problems with malware

Unread postby bjshots » September 24th, 2005, 11:06 am

I have a few problems. The first is a program called Search Extender. I have tried to remove this program but It brings me to its website for the removal tool and I do not trust that. My second problem is a program msru32.exe that keeps trying to load itself in windows startup. The spyware program that I have running, Spysweeper has been able to stop it but the file cannot be deleted. The third problem is that when I log onto the Internet There are about twenty sites that try to go into my favorites, again spysweeper stops them but it keeps occuring. I have Spyware Guard Ad-Aware Spybot S&D Super Utilities pop up stopper and Norton system works running, none of them are able to eliminate any of the problems. I appreciate any help that anybody can give me,

Thanks
bjshots

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby D_Trojanator » September 24th, 2005, 11:35 am

Download HijackThis (current verison is v1.99.1)

http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/hijackthis.zip

or here http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/hijackthis_sfx.exe (a self-extracting zip file)
or here http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/HijackThis.exe ( an .exe file).

Make a new folder to put your HijackThis.exe into.

(Anywhere on your hard drive is fine other than your Desktop or the Temp folder. Suitable examples are:
  • C:\HijackThis\
  • C:\Programs\hijackthis\
  • C:\Windows\My Documents\HJT\
but feel free to use any name.)

Extract and save the HijackThis download to the new folder you made. Then navigate to it and run HijackThis from there. (This is to ensure it makes the necessary backups for recovery if fixes are made) Then, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and click Scan.

If required, look at this Hijackthis Folder Tutorial

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Press that and copy & paste its contents in your reply. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't try to fix anything yourself. I will examine the log and tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.
D_Trojanator

Unread postby bjshots » September 24th, 2005, 12:23 pm

Here is My Hijack This Log. Thank You for your quick attention to my problems.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:19:27 PM, on 09/24/05
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysgl32.exe
D:\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
D:\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Startup Mechanic\StartupMonitor.exe
D:\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
C:\Program Files\3B Software\3B Ad Blocker Pro\AdBlocker.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Registry Repair Pro\RegistryRepairPro.exe
C:\Program Files\InterMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
D:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
D:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\POPUPS~1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msru32.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Hijack This\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://comcast.net/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: Class - {40F8C74D-A12F-4EC1-7661-E0DA5EB9E685} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\winjz.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {911C4A8E-0F75-4B83-BEB9-02BDDF29D11E} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Class - {F042AD18-E71C-6ECD-7132-91145956736C} - C:\WINDOWS\sysls32.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - d:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Ad Blocker Pro Toolbar - {28BC2EC4-5EAD-45E1-9F9F-82CD5E293601} - C:\Program Files\3B Software\3B Ad Blocker Pro\AKToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "D:\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Startup Manager Scanner] C:\Program Files\Startup Mechanic\StartupMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdBlocker] C:\Program Files\3B Software\3B Ad Blocker Pro\AdBlocker.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msru32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\msru32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [RegisterDropHandler] C:\PROGRA~1\ScanSoft\TEXTBR~1.0\Bin\REGIST~1.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows Registry Repair Pro] C:\Program Files\Windows Registry Repair Pro\RegistryRepairPro.exe 4
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Super Utilities] C:\Program Files\SuperLogix\Super Utilities\SuperUtil.exe /min
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperProfessional] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\POPUPS~1.EXE"
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = D:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://d:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://d:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://d:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://d:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - D:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\npjpi142_05.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - D:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\npjpi142_05.dll
O15 - Trusted IP range: 67.19.178.84
O16 - DPF: ppctlcab - http://ppupdates.ca.com/downloads/scanner/ppctlcab.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... lcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {1E2941E3-8E63-11D4-9D5A-00902742D6E0} (iNotes Class) - https://mail01a.shu.edu/iNotes.cab
O16 - DPF: {230C3D02-DA27-11D2-8612-00A0C93EEA3C} (SAXFile FileUpload ActiveX Control) - http://www.winkflash.com/photo/loaders/SAXFile.cab
O16 - DPF: {2FC9A21E-2069-4E47-8235-36318989DB13} (PPSDKActiveXScanner.MainScreen) - http://ppupdates.ca.com/downloads/scanner/axscanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {3BFFE033-BF43-11D5-A271-00A024A51325} (iNotes6 Class) - https://mail01a.shu.edu/iNotes6.cab
O16 - DPF: {77E32299-629F-43C6-AB77-6A1E6D7663F6} - http://www.nick.com/common/groove/gx/GrooveAX27.cab
O16 - DPF: {A18962F6-E6ED-40B1-97C9-1FB36F38BFA8} (Aurigma Image Uploader 3.0 Control) - http://www.winkflash.com/photo/loaders/ ... oader3.cab
O16 - DPF: {A922B6AB-3B87-11D3-B3C2-0008C7DA6CB9} (InetDownload Class) - http://www.dww.at/movies/Components/downloadcontrol.cab
O16 - DPF: {CFC01863-0CCE-43F6-8790-7A5DC52ABEC0} (VaeCtrl Control Object) - http://www.visviva.com/download/webplug/VaeCtrl.CAB
O23 - Service: Network Security Service ( 11Fßä#·ºÄÖ`I) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysgl32.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - D:\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (svcWRSSSDK) - Webroot Software, Inc. - D:\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
bjshots

Unread postby D_Trojanator » September 25th, 2005, 6:25 am

I am checking my reply witht the mods, will be back soon!
David
D_Trojanator

Unread postby bjshots » September 25th, 2005, 7:05 am

Thanks
bjshots

Unread postby D_Trojanator » September 25th, 2005, 7:45 am

http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4193

Hi and Welcome to MWR! :)

Please do one of the following before we start:

1) Please print off these intructions - they will be needed later when internet access is not available.
2) Save these instructions in word/notepad to the desktop where they can be easily found for the same reasons as above.
-------------

Whilst the following two programs are excellent in their own ways, they may interfere with the fixes and should therefore be disabled!

SpySweeper

1. Open SpySweeper
  2. Click Options
  3. Click Program Options
  4. Uncheck Load at windows startup.
  5. Click Shields
  6. Uncheck everything.
  7. Uncheck Home Page Shield.
  8. Uncheck Automatically restore default without notification.

Don't forget to re-instate Spysweeper when your machine is clean by re-checking everything you unchecked above.
_ _ _ _ _ _

Disable SpywareGuard:

SpywareGuard

1. Open Spywareguard
  2. Click on Options
  3. Uncheck all three boxes
  4. Click on Save Settings
  5. Click on Menu
  6. Click on File
  7. Exit.

Don't forget to re-start SpywareGuard when your machine is clean by re-checking everything you unchecked above.
--------------------------------

Click Start > Run > and type in:

services.msc

Click OK.

In the services window find

11Fßä#·ºÄÖ`I

Rightclick and choose "Properties". On the "General" tab under "Service Status" click the "Stop" button to stop the service. Beside "Startup Type" in the dropdown menu select "Disabled". Click Apply then OK. File-Exit the Services utility.

Note: You may get an error here when trying to access the properties of the service. If you do get an error, just select the service and look there in the top left of the main service window and click "Stop" to stop the service. If that gives an error or it is already stopped, just skip this step and proceed with the rest.

----------------------------------

Please download ewido security suite (free), and instal it.
  • When installing, under Additional Options uncheck both Install background guard and Install scan via context menu.
  • When you run Ewido for the first time, you could get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click Ok.
  • The program will prompt you to update. Click the Ok button.
  • The program will now go to the main screen.
You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.
  • On the left-hand side of the main screen click the Update button.
  • Click on Start. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
Once finished updating, close Ewido. Do NOT run it yet.

(If you have problems updating, you can use this link to manually update Ewido.
Make sure that Ewido is closed when installing the update.)

DO NOT RUN IT YET!

-------------------------------------------------------------

CleanUp!

*Download Cleanup from Here
  • A window will open and choose SAVE, then DESKTOP as the destination.
  • On your Desktop, click on Cleanup40.exe icon.
  • Then, click RUN and place a checkmark beside "I Agree"
  • Then click NEXT followed by START and OK.
  • A window will appear with many choices, keep all the defaults as set when the Slide Bar to the left is set to Standard Quality.
  • Click OK
  • DO NOT RUN IT YET!

--------------

Download Pocket Killbox, unzip it, and save to your Desktop. Do NOT run it yet.
--------------

*Click here for info on how to boot to safe mode if you don't already know how.
----------------

* Click on My Computer. Go to Tools > Folder Options. Click on the View tab and make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and "Hide extensions for known file types" . Now click "Apply to all folders"
Click "Apply" then "OK"

-------------

* Please run HJt again and do another scan. Check the following entries:

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O2 - BHO: Class - {40F8C74D-A12F-4EC1-7661-E0DA5EB9E685} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\winjz.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Class - {F042AD18-E71C-6ECD-7132-91145956736C} - C:\WINDOWS\sysls32.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msru32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\msru32.exe
O23 - Service: Network Security Service ( 11Fßä#·ºÄÖ`I) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysgl32.exe

Please close all browsers and open windows except HJT, then click the Fix Checked button. Close HJT.

--------------

* Restart your computer into safe mode now. Perform the following steps in safe mode:
-----------

* Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. Now put a tick by Standard File Kill. In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following lines one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file. It will ask for confimation to delete the file. Click Yes. Continue with that same procedure until you have copied and pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box.

Note: It is possible that Killbox will tell you that one or more files do not exist. If that happens, just continue on with all the files. Be sure you don't miss any.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winjz.dll
C:\WINDOWS\sysls32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msru32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysgl32.exe

Exit the Killbox.

-------------

Please close ALL open Windows, Programs and Folders, and run a full scan with Ewido.
  • Click on Scanner
  • Click on Settings
  • Under How to scan all boxes should be checked
  • Under Unwanted Software all boxes should be checked
  • Under What to scan select Scan every file
  • Click on Ok
  • Click on Complete System Scan to start the scan process.
  • Let the program scan the machine.
If Ewido finds anything, it will pop up a notification. When it asks if you want to clean the first file, put a checkmark in the lower left corner of the box that says Perform action on all infections, then choose clean and click Ok.

* Run Cleanup:
  • Click on the "Cleanup" button and let it run.
  • Once its done, close the program.

=====================

Reboot to normal mode and post new hijackthis log and the ewido log! :)
David :)
D_Trojanator

Unread postby bjshots » September 25th, 2005, 12:01 pm

Hello
I followed your instructions and here are the results. the file 11Fßä#·ºÄÖ` was not found when I ran the services program. I saved a log of the results if that will help. When I ran the Killbox program the files winjz.dll and sysis32.dll were not found. the other two were deleted. I ran the ewido suite as instructed. I did not know how to retrieve the log file. The program did find and delete 12 files. I have startup Monitor running and the following three programs attempted to load themselves in startup. ctfmon.exe, javawc32.exe and syspz32.exe.

I really appreciate the time and effort that you are putting into getting my machine clean. Below is my hijack this file

Scan saved at 11:41:13 AM, on 09/25/05

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\3B Software\3B Ad Blocker Pro\AdBlocker.exe
C:\Program Files\SuperLogix\Super Utilities\SuperUtil.exe
C:\Program Files\InterMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
d:\PROGRA~1\Webshots\webshots.scr
C:\Hijack This\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\qkuxi.dll/sp.html#12047
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\qkuxi.dll/sp.html#12047
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = res://C:\WINDOWS\qkuxi.dll/sp.html#12047
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\qkuxi.dll/sp.html#12047
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\qkuxi.dll/sp.html#12047
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = res://C:\WINDOWS\qkuxi.dll/sp.html#12047
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = res://C:\WINDOWS\qkuxi.dll/sp.html#12047
O2 - BHO: Class - {6B34286B-B67D-090A-9D75-B5711AF1EDC8} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\apinv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - d:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Ad Blocker Pro Toolbar - {28BC2EC4-5EAD-45E1-9F9F-82CD5E293601} - C:\Program Files\3B Software\3B Ad Blocker Pro\AKToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Startup Manager Scanner] C:\Program Files\Startup Mechanic\StartupMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdBlocker] C:\Program Files\3B Software\3B Ad Blocker Pro\AdBlocker.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [RegisterDropHandler] C:\PROGRA~1\ScanSoft\TEXTBR~1.0\Bin\REGIST~1.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows Registry Repair Pro] C:\Program Files\Windows Registry Repair Pro\RegistryRepairPro.exe 4
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Super Utilities] C:\Program Files\SuperLogix\Super Utilities\SuperUtil.exe /min
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperProfessional] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\POPUPS~1.EXE"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Startup: Webshots.lnk = D:\Program Files\Webshots\Launcher.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://d:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://d:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://d:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://d:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - D:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\npjpi142_05.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - D:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\npjpi142_05.dll
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... lcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {1E2941E3-8E63-11D4-9D5A-00902742D6E0} (iNotes Class) - https://mail01a.shu.edu/iNotes.cab
O16 - DPF: {230C3D02-DA27-11D2-8612-00A0C93EEA3C} (SAXFile FileUpload ActiveX Control) - http://www.winkflash.com/photo/loaders/SAXFile.cab
O16 - DPF: {2FC9A21E-2069-4E47-8235-36318989DB13} (PPSDKActiveXScanner.MainScreen) - http://ppupdates.ca.com/downloads/scanner/axscanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {3BFFE033-BF43-11D5-A271-00A024A51325} (iNotes6 Class) - https://mail01a.shu.edu/iNotes6.cab
O16 - DPF: {77E32299-629F-43C6-AB77-6A1E6D7663F6} - http://www.nick.com/common/groove/gx/GrooveAX27.cab
O16 - DPF: {A18962F6-E6ED-40B1-97C9-1FB36F38BFA8} (Aurigma Image Uploader 3.0 Control) - http://www.winkflash.com/photo/loaders/ ... oader3.cab
O16 - DPF: {A922B6AB-3B87-11D3-B3C2-0008C7DA6CB9} (InetDownload Class) - http://www.dww.at/movies/Components/downloadcontrol.cab
O16 - DPF: {CFC01863-0CCE-43F6-8790-7A5DC52ABEC0} (VaeCtrl Control Object) - http://www.visviva.com/download/webplug/VaeCtrl.CAB
O23 - Service: Network Security Service ( 11Fßä#·ºÄÖ`I) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysgl32.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - D:\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (svcWRSSSDK) - Webroot Software, Inc. - D:\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
bjshots

Unread postby D_Trojanator » September 25th, 2005, 12:03 pm

ok! Things got a lot more complicated!
I have to get my response checked again.......
David
D_Trojanator

Unread postby D_Trojanator » September 25th, 2005, 12:12 pm

You may want to print out these instructions or save them to your desktop as a text file with Notepad because we will be restarting into Safe Mode later on in the fix and you might not be able to access the Internet.
  1. Prepare CWShredder for use:
    • Download CWShredder.
    • Save CWShredder.exe to a convenient location.
    • Please do not do anything with it yet.
  2. Prepare AboutBuster for use:
    • Download AboutBuster.
    • Unzip the contents of AboutBuster.zip and an AboutBuster directory will be created.
    • Navigate to the AboutBuster directory and double-click on AboutBuster.exe.
    • Click "OK" at the prompt with instructions.
    • Click "Update" and then "Check For Update" to begin the update process.
    • If any updates exist please download them by clicking "Download Update".
    • You should not run the program yet so click "Exit".
  3. Prepare cwsserviceremove.reg for use:
    • Download cwsserviceremove.zip.
    • Unzip the contents of cwsserviceremove.zip (cwsserviceremove.reg) to your desktop.
    • Please do not do anything with it yet.
Reconfigure Windows XP to show hidden files:
Click Start. Open My Computer.
Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options. Select the View Tab.

Under the Hidden files and folders heading select "Show hidden files and folders".
Uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)" option.
Uncheck the "Hide file extensions for known file types" option.
Click Yes to confirm. Click OK.

Boot into Safe Mode:
Restart your computer and immediately begin tapping the F8 key on your keyboard.
If done right a Windows Advanced Options menu will appear. Select the Safe Mode option and press Enter.
To return to normal mode just restart your computer as you normally would.
  1. Run CWShredder:
    • Double-click on CWShredder.exe.
    • Click "Fix ->" and click "OK" at the prompt.
    • CWShredder will scan and clean your system of CWS files.
    • Click "Next->" and then "Exit".
  2. Remove the offending service:
    • Double-click on cwsserviceremove.reg you downloaded earlier.
    • When it asks you to merge the information to the registry click "Yes".
  3. Run AboutBuster and save the logs:
    • Browse to where you saved AboutBuster and run AboutBuster.exe.
    • Click OK at the directions prompt.
    • Click Start and then OK to allow AboutBuster to scan for Alternate Data Streams.
    • Click Yes to allow it to shutdown explorer.exe.
    • It will begin to your computer for malicious files. If it asks if you would like to do a second pass, allow it to do so.
    • When it has finished, click Save Log. Make sure you save it as I need a copy of it.
  4. Clean out temporary files:
    • Start | Run | type cleanmgr | OK
    • Let it scan your system for files to remove.
    • Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.
    • Click "OK" to remove them.
    • Click "Yes" to confirm the deletion.
  5. Restart your computer normally to return to normal mode.
  6. Free TrendMicro Housecall scan:
    • Vist the TrendMicro Housecall website.
    • Select your country from the drop-down list and click "Go".
    • Choose "Yes" at the ActiveX Security Warning prompt.
    • Please wait while the Housecall engine is updated.
    • Select the drives to be scanned by placing a check in their respective boxes.
    • Check the "Auto Clean" box.
    • Click "SCAN" in order to begin scanning your system.
    • Please be patient while Housecall scans your system for malicious files.
    • If not auto-cleaned, remove anything it finds.
    • Click "Close" to exit the Housecall scanner.
    • Choose "Yes" at the HouseCall message prompt.
  7. Prepare your reply:
    • Please post a fresh HijackThis log
    • Please post the AboutBuster log.
    • Please note any complications you had.
D_Trojanator

Unread postby D_Trojanator » September 25th, 2005, 1:40 pm

Then:

Click Start > Run > and type in:

services.msc

Click OK.

In the services window find

Network Security Service

Rightclick and choose "Properties". On the "General" tab under "Service Status" click the "Stop" button to stop the service. Beside "Startup Type" in the dropdown menu select "Disabled". Click Apply then OK. File-Exit the Services utility.

Note: You may get an error here when trying to access the properties of the service. If you do get an error, just select the service and look there in the top left of the main service window and click "Stop" to stop the service. If that gives an error or it is already stopped, just skip this step and proceed with the rest.
D_Trojanator

Unread postby bjshots » September 27th, 2005, 7:30 pm

Here are the logs. There were a few missteps downloading and installing the software but I managed to get everything you told me to do accomplished. The last instruction run services.mce did not yield the expected file.Network Security Service was not found.

HIJACK THIS

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 7:13:07 PM, on 09/27/05

Running processes:
C:\Documents and Settings\Linda Jones\Desktop\Hijack this\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://comcast.net/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "D:\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /startintray
O15 - Trusted IP range: (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {04E214E5-63AF-4236-83C6-A7ADCBF9BD02} (HouseCall Control) - http://housecall60.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan60.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004 ... scan53.cab
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service - Symantec Corporation - D:\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine - Webroot Software, Inc. - D:\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

ABOUT BUSTER
AboutBuster 5.0 reference file 28
Scan started on [09/27/05] at [5:00:04 AM]
------------------------------------------------
Removed Stream! C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt:aemivx
Removed Stream! C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log:qqcqin
No Files Found!
Scan was COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY at 5:02:17 AM
bjshots

Unread postby bjshots » September 27th, 2005, 7:36 pm

Here are the results of the trend micro house call Virus Scan

Results:
We have detected 4 infected file(s) with 7 virus(es) on your computer. Only 0 out of 0 infected files are displayed: - 0 virus(es) passed, 0 virus(es) no action available
- 0 virus(es) cleaned, 0 virus(es) uncleanable
- 7 virus(es) deleted, 0 virus(es) undeletable
- 0 virus(es) not found, 0 virus(es) unaccessible
Detected File Associated Virus Name Action Taken
C:\Documents and Settings\Linda Jones\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\archive.jar-7c2b94df-657782a1.zip
- Dummy.class JAVA_BYTEVER.A Deletion successful
C:\Documents and Settings\Linda Jones\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\archive1213.jar-6c49cbea-3a0f6de6.zip
- BlackBox.class JAVA_BYTEVER.B Deletion successful
- VB.class JAVA_BYTEVER.B Deletion successful
- Dummy.class JAVA_BYTEVER.B Deletion successful
C:\Documents and Settings\Linda Jones\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\count3.jar-a84a25a-1b4976ae.zip
- BlackBox.class JAVA_BYTEVER.Q Deletion successful
- Dummy.class JAVA_BYTEVER.Q Deletion successful
C:\WINDOWS\system32\javawc32.exe TROJ_AGENT.AAF Deletion successful

Trojan/Worm Check 0 worm/Trojan horse deleted

What we checked:
Malicious activity by a Trojan horse program. Although a Trojan seems like a harmless program, it contains malicious code and once installed can cause damage to your computer.
Results:
We have detected 0 Trojan horse program(s) and worm(s) on your computer. Only 0 out of 0 Trojan horse programs and worms are displayed: - 0 worm(s)/Trojan(s) passed, 0 worm(s)/Trojan(s) no action available
- 0 Worm(s)/Trojan(s) deleted, 0 worm(s)/Trojan(s) undeletable
Trojan/Worm Name Trojan/Worm Type Action Taken

Spyware Check

What we checked:
Whether personal information was tracked and reported by spyware. Spyware is often installed secretly with legitimate programs downloaded from the Internet.
Results:
We have detected 0 spyware(s) on your computer. Only 0 out of 0 spywares are displayed: - 0 spyware(s) passed, 0 spyware(s) no action available
- 0 spyware(s) removed, 0 spyware(s) unremovable
Spyware Name Spyware Type Action Taken

Microsoft Vulnerability Check

What we checked:
Microsoft known security vulnerabilities. These are issues Microsoft has identified and released Critical Updates to fix.
Results:
We have detected 0 vulnerability/vulnerabilities on your computer. Only 0 out of 0 vulnerabilities are displayed.
Risk Level Issue How to Fix
bjshots

Unread postby D_Trojanator » September 28th, 2005, 12:10 pm

Please run HJt again and do another scan. Check the following entries:

O15 - Trusted IP range: (HKLM)

Please close all browsers and open windows except HJT, then click the Fix Checked button. Close HJT.
----------

Then post new log
How's everyhing running?
David
D_Trojanator

Unread postby bjshots » September 29th, 2005, 6:18 am

Hello
I am still having problems. a new file msjc.exe is trying to register itself into startup Located at C:\Windows\system32\msjc.exe
I still have a browser helper object trying to register itself.
77915096-204D-E2f0-f041-8CEDC66033AE.
C:\Windows\system32\javagl32.dll.

Here is my hijack this log after the removal of the files as you instructed. Let me take this time to thank you for your help with this. All of you at Malwareremoval do a wonderfuljob.

Scan saved at 5:59:30 AM, on 09/29/05

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iebz.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Tmas\tmas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjc.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Linda Jones\Desktop\Hijack this\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE

O4 - Global Startup: Trend Micro Anti-Spyware.lnk = C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Tmas\Tmas.exe
O16 - DPF: {04E214E5-63AF-4236-83C6-A7ADCBF9BD02} (HouseCall Control) - http://housecall60.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan60.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004 ... scan53.cab
O23 - Service: Workstation NetLogon Service - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\iebz.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service - Symantec Corporation - D:\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine - Webroot Software, Inc. - D:\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

[/img]
bjshots

Unread postby LDTate » October 9th, 2005, 12:59 pm

Hello bjshots,
Do you have 2 versions of HijackThis on your PC?

The last 2 logs you posted show this version.

We need to see a new HJT log from:

Please delete the older version of HJT and post a new log.
LDTate
WTT Teacher
WTT Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next