Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

I need Help ASAP

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: I need Help ASAP

Unread postby ktreffin » March 19th, 2008, 11:07 am

Hi pepsigirl,

Yes, that would certainly explain how you got infected. Limewire and P0rn sites are notorious for infecting peoples machines. If your boyfriend continues to visit these sites, and download off Limewire, I can assure you that YOU WILL BE INFECTED AGAIN. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. This time, as of right now, you had quite a bit of infected files already on your system, however it does appear that it was relatively mild. You were lucky. Keep in mind that there are significant viruses, that can be caught from some adult sites, and from Limewire. I would hate to see you catch something that can harvest personal data such as passwords, bank account numbers, and such.

Please keep in mind that a lot of helper sites on the web, will not help you clean your system if you are using P2P programs (Limewire). Please see THIS LINK for Malware Removals policy on peer2peer programs.

Also some additional information:

P2P Warning!

IMPORTANT I notice there are signs of one or more P2P (Person to Person) File Sharing Programs on your computer.

Limewire

Please note that as long as you are using any form of Peer-to-Peer networking and downloading files from non-documented sources, you can expect infestations of malware to occur
Once upon a time, P2P file sharing was fairly safe. That is no longer true. You may continue to use P2P sharing at your own risk; however, please keep in mind that this practice may be the source of your current malware infestation

I'd like you to read the Guidelines for P2P Programs where we explain why it's not a good idea to have them.

References for the risk of these programs can be found in these links: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/protection.mspx
http://www.techweb.com/wire/160500554
http://www.internetworldstats.com/articles/art053.htm
See Clean/Infected P2P Programs here

I would recommend that you uninstall LimeWire, however that choice is up to you. If you choose to remove these programs, you can do so via Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs.

If you wish to keep it, please do not use it until your computer is cleaned.

I am reviewing your Kaspersky log, and I will post a new fix later today. Thanks.

Ken
ktreffin
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby pepsigirl1193 » March 19th, 2008, 2:08 pm

Thanks a million Ken I am uninstalling it as soon as I get home from work!!! I had no idea it was that bad, I knew I had heard people infect files on limewire, but had no idea it was to that magnitude. You also helped convince my boyfriend so that a plus too your awesome!
pepsigirl1193

Unread postby ktreffin » March 19th, 2008, 2:33 pm

Hi Pepsigirl,

How are things running?

I am uninstalling it as soon as I get home from work!!!

That's good news! You're certainly gonna save yourself some future headaches!!

Your Kaspersky log doesn't show much. It is showing that the Smitfraudfix folder on your desktop is infected, which is a false positive. We can go ahead and delete that folder. I would like to run one more scan, to make sure nothing else is found.

Step #1: Download and Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply.
  • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

We also need to update your Java:

Step #2: Update Java
Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 5.
  • Scroll down to where it says Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 5.
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.
  • Note: If you don't want the Google toolbar, make sure you uncheck the option included in the installer!

One you have complete these steps, please post the contents of the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan.

Thanks,
Ken
ktreffin
Retired Graduate

Unread postby pepsigirl1193 » March 19th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Hi Ken,

Computer is running good!

Here is the malwarebytes log

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.09
Database version: 508

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|I:\|)
Objects scanned: 138941
Time elapsed: 35 minute(s), 5 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 27
Files Infected: 66

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Network\UID (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Load (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: c:\windows\svchost.exe -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\Outerinfo (Adware.Outerinfo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\ShoppingReport (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\ShoppingReport\Bin (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\ShoppingReport\Bin\2.5.0 (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\ISM2 (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WinBudget (Adware.AdMedia) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WinBudget\bin (Adware.AdMedia) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\FBrowserAdvisor (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PlayMP3z (Adware.PlayMP3Z) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\stc (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Sysmnt (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor (Adware.AdSponsor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\ShoppingReport (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\db (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\dwld (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\report (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\res1 (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\ShoppingReport (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\db (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\dwld (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\report (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\res1 (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Start Menu\Programs\PlayMP3z (Adware.PlayMP3Z) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rabio (Adware.Rabio) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\regxpcom.exe (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor\XPCOMEvents.dll (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ss245sd.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\ShoppingReport\Uninst.exe (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\ISM2\targets.gz (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor\IXPCOMEvents.xpt (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor\Logo.png (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor\main.db (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor\unins000.dat (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor\unins000.exe (Trojan.FBrowsingAdvisor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PlayMP3z\uninstall.exe (Adware.PlayMP3Z) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\stc\csv5p070.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Sysmnt\Ssmgr.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor\Check Now.lnk (Adware.AdSponsor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Speed Monitor\Uninstall.lnk (Adware.AdSponsor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\Config.xml (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\db\Aliases.dbs (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\db\Sites.dbs (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\dwld\WhiteList.xip (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\report\aggr_storage.xml (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\report\send_storage.xml (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\res1\WhiteList.dbs (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\Config.xml (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\db\Aliases.dbs (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\db\Sites.dbs (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\dwld\WhiteList.xip (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\report\aggr_storage.xml (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\report\send_storage.xml (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\ShoppingReport\cs\res1\WhiteList.dbs (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Start Menu\Programs\PlayMP3z\Run PlayMP3z.lnk (Adware.PlayMP3Z) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\avifile32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\avisynthex32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\aviwrap32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\bjam.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\bokja.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\browserad.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\cdsm32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\changeurl_30.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\msa64chk.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\msapasrc.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\mspphe.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\123messenger.per (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\mssvr.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ntnut.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\saiemod.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\salm.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\shdocpe.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\shdocpl.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\swin32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\voiceip.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\winsb.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\id53.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\180ax.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\2020search.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\apphelp32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\asferror32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\asycfilt32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\athprxy32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ati2dvaa32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ati2dvag32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\audiosrv32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\autodisc32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\licencia.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\telefonos.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\textos.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

As soon as this is posted i am updating java and btw limewire is uninstalled
pepsigirl1193

Unread postby pepsigirl1193 » March 19th, 2008, 10:26 pm

this may not be your area, but most of my time i spend playing games on pogo now that i have upgraded to the new java it is telling me java is not installed. I am enclosing a copy of the java cosole if you can help.

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_05
Using JRE version 1.6.0_05 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner

----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------

load: class com.pogo.client.jvmtest.Applet not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.pogo.client.jvmtest.Applet
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
pepsigirl1193

Unread postby pepsigirl1193 » March 20th, 2008, 12:28 am

one more question ken would it hurt my computer to restore it to factory once we have finished and start fresh?
pepsigirl1193

Unread postby ktreffin » March 20th, 2008, 9:27 am

Congratulations pepsigirl, Your system appears to be clean! Image

this may not be your area, but most of my time i spend playing games on pogo now that i have upgraded to the new java it is telling me java is not installed. I am enclosing a copy of the java cosole if you can help.

I am sorry, but this isn't really my area of expertise. You may want to try uninstalling Java, and then re-installing it as something might have gotten borked in the installation process. It could be that there is an issue on Pogo's side of things also. I am afraid other than suggesting those two things, there isn't much I can help you with that.

one more question ken would it hurt my computer to restore it to factory once we have finished and start fresh?

No, it won't "hurt" your computer. If you are talking about reformatting your hard drive back to it's original factory settings, you do have the possibility of losing all of your data. I would suggest that you back up any important files (such as pictures, music, etc) before doing it though. I think that now that we have you clean, and if you take some preventative steps, you hopefully wont have as much trouble. The choice is yours. It just depends on what you want to do.....

Now that you are clean, I got some tips & tricks for you to keep your computer clean and secure. The first few (like removing dangerous tools and Windows Update) have to be done, the others are option (beginning with Spybot S &D).

It may seem like your system will be too much protected with all these things installed, but a lot of programs aren't running always on the background so don't slow down your computer. Please take a look at the following things:

Remove dangerous tools - Because some tools we used can be dangerous if they're used in the wrong way we have to remove some of them. Please remove the following tools:
SDFix

Disable and Enable System Restore - If you are using Windows ME or XP then you should disable and re-enable system restore to make sure there are no infected files found in a restore point.
Turn off System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer
Click Properties
Click the System Restore tab
Check Turn off System Restore
Click Apply, and then click OK

Reboot.

Turn on System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer
Click Properties
Click the System Restore tab
Uncheck Turn off System Restore
Click Apply, and then click OK
NOTE: only do this ONCE, NOT on a regular basis!

Re hide your system files To do so, please follow the steps below:
  • Double-click My Computer.
  • Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
  • Click the View tab.
  • Put a check by "Hide file extensions for known file types."
  • Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Do not show hidden files and folders."
  • Check "Hide protected operating system files."
  • Click Apply, and then click OK.

Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
  • From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
  • Click once on the Security tab
  • Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
  • Click once on the Custom Level button.
    • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
    • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
    • Change the Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
    • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
    • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
    • Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
    • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
    • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
  • Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

Update your Anti Virus Software - It is imperitive that you update your Anti virus software at least once a week (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your anti virus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer. Without a firewall your computer is susceptible to being hacked and taken over. If you use the Windows Firewall you might think that's sufficient but it only controls one way of the traffic (inbound/outbound not sure). Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly. Here are some firewalls which are free for personal use and most used:
Comodo
Kerio
ZoneAlarm

Visit Microsoft's Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://update.microsoft.com/ regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.

Install Spybot - Search and Destroy - Install and download Spybot - Search and Destroy with its TeaTimer option.
This will provide real-time spyware & hijacker protection on your computer alongside your virus protection. You should also scan your computer with program on a regular basis just as you would an anti virus software. A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:
Tutorail for Spybot S & D

Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will add a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs. You can download it here:
SpywareBlaster

Install WinPatrol - As a robust security monitor, WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. You can download it from this website:
WinPatrol
The developer is a well-known man in the MalWare Removal business. If you really like WinPatrol think about upgrading to the PLUS version. It will give you additional features and you will only have to pay once, for your whole malware-free life.

Install MVPS HOSTS - This custom hosts file effectively blocks a wide range of unwanted ads, banners, 3rd party Cookies, 3rd party page counters, web bugs, and many hijackers.
For information on how to download and install, please read this tutorial here:
WinHelp2002
Note: Be sure to follow the instructions to disable the DNS Client service before installing a custom hosts file.

Use an alternative Internet Browser - Many of the exploits are directed to users of Internet Explorer. Try using a different browser instead:
Firefox << Most used, I use this one myself.
Opera

Bookmark general cleanup links - It could be that your computer is becoming slower and slower. This is not always the cause of malware. Most of the times it's malware when you're computer is suddenly getting slow or doing strange. When the slowdown increases slowly check (so now bookmark) these links for tips & tricks:
Help! My computer is slow
Slow Computer? Check here first; it may not be malware

Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.[/list]
Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

Stand Up and Be Counted!
Please take the time to tell us what you would like to be done about the people who are behind all the problems you have had. We can only get something done about this if the people that we help, like you, are prepared to complain. We have a dedicated forum for collecting these complaints called Malware Complaints. Please register there first! Then follow the instructions here:
<link>

>> Here << you can see how you can help us.

Have a happy computing day!!

Ken
ktreffin
Retired Graduate

Unread postby pepsigirl1193 » March 20th, 2008, 11:19 am

Ken your a God send I want to thank you so much for your help and I am printing out all the instructions you have given me and plan on going to the malware complaint site. Have an awesome day and hey I will probably stop in from time to time and say HI!!!!

Tracy
pepsigirl1193

Unread postby ktreffin » March 20th, 2008, 12:27 pm

Glad I could help Tracy!

Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help in the future. I will have this log archived.

Ken
ktreffin
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Elrond » March 22nd, 2008, 4:53 pm