Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Screenshots

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Screenshots

Unread postby Bertha » March 23rd, 2005, 5:13 pm

Hey,

Just wondering how you take a snapshot of what is on the monitor as I have seen people do this when they want to show an error messgae for example and post it in a forum

Bertha
Bertha
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby ChrisRLG » March 23rd, 2005, 5:15 pm

is a print screen ket next to the F12 key.

That will copy to the clipboard.

You can use Alt and Ctrl with that to get different effects - one does just the current window, which is useful.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby southernlady » March 23rd, 2005, 5:16 pm

Bertha, hit your prt scr button while on that page and *I* usually paste it to paint and then save it as a jpg and then do some adjusting to it with a graphics program for size and to crop what you don't want. Liz
southernlady

Unread postby Bertha » March 23rd, 2005, 5:20 pm

Thankyou

Bertha
Bertha
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby JimW » March 23rd, 2005, 5:35 pm

The messier ones are bluescreens. Here's a pic of an XP bluescreen. I used it in a post to explain to somebody what data needed to be reported from a bluescreen.

Jim
JimW
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Nellie2 » March 23rd, 2005, 5:44 pm

I like to use this natty little freeware utility called hoversnap It is very easy to use and if you use the Ctrl-PrtScrn button then you can specify which bit of your screen you want to take an image of.

Of course once you have your image then you need to upload it. If you don't have any web space then you can use Image Shack

Very easy to use, just browse to where you have the image stored on your hard drive then click host it. Image shack will give you some links to post that will point to your image. Here is one I did earlier this evening where I was talking about speedtests on another board

Nellie2
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Elrond » March 25th, 2005, 3:13 pm

I usually paste the copy that I get with PrintScreen into Irfanview instead of Paint as this lets me crop the image as I want it.
http://www.irfanview.com
It is an excelent free little program.
Elrond
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Angoid » March 26th, 2005, 12:30 pm

Some time ago I discovered MWSnap, a little freeware utility that you can use to capture sectiosn of the screen, or the entire screen itself.

That and IrfanView are very useful little programs I've found.
Angoid
Developer
Developer

Unread postby Nellie2 » March 26th, 2005, 4:32 pm

Seeing as we are talking about freeware image manipulation/drawing programs, have you seen Paint.Net It is very good although you do need to have the dotNet framework installed for it to work.
Nellie2
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby dobhar » April 13th, 2005, 4:19 am

Hi...

I use a free app called Screen Hunter => http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/scr ... r_free.htm

I also have Paint.Net installed and like it. Still learning but starting to like it a little more than Irfanview.
dobhar
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions