Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

need help with worm virus

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

need help with worm virus

Unread postby ToddAubry » March 9th, 2008, 2:51 pm

I just purchased trend micro internet security pro for my computer. I have called tech suport on the product and one cannot get any direct help from them. I keep getting sent back to their site to load more and more stuff that doesnt help. Two they dont listen to what im telling them and three they are forign so I cant understand half what they say....I keep gettin virus warnings, and pop up from enternet explorer to a web site for a virus program. One I dont even use enternet explorer, I use mozilla fire fox. I dont even have explorer on my computer no more. How can I stop these pop ups and warnings when all my virus programs keep saying there is none after I scan for one...I have been trying for 3 days now to fix this. PLEASE HELP will be greatly appreciated. This is the site that keeps popping up and my program says is a bad site ( safenavweb.com/index.php?sid=502&said=5&aid=725&pn=5&pid=0. Also I keep getting a warning for a (worm.win.32.netsky)...saying this is a worm virus on my computer....Thanks if you can help....Todd
ToddAubry

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: need help with worm virus

Unread postby Simon V. » March 11th, 2008, 4:31 pm

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

My name is Simon V., and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

Download HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.

• Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install HijackThis.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in Notepad. Post the contents of that log in your nex reply.

Don't use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Simon V.
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Simon V. » March 14th, 2008, 7:08 pm

Do you still need help?
Simon V.
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby ToddAubry » March 15th, 2008, 6:08 am

yes I still need help. my computer is totally screwed up now thanks to this program. I have used hijack this and it doesnt do any better. I now have to wipe my hard drive clean and redo windows on it
ToddAubry

Unread postby Simon V. » March 15th, 2008, 7:04 am

ToddAubry wrote:yes I still need help. my computer is totally screwed up now thanks to this program. I have used hijack this and it doesnt do any better. I now have to wipe my hard drive clean and redo windows on it

If you want me to help you, please post your HijackThis log.

What do you mean by 'I have used HijackThis'? Have you fixed anything?
Simon V.
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby ToddAubry » March 16th, 2008, 12:45 pm

its kinda difficult to post it on here when it is on my other computer...I am on a lap top doing this...the other computer is so messed up it wont get online....if I happen to get it online I would be more than happy to post it......in the mean time I have deleted the program from my computer...
ToddAubry

Unread postby Elrond » March 24th, 2008, 3:54 pm

Due to lack of response this topic is now closed.

If you still need help open a new thread in the Malware Removal forum and wait for a new helper.

If you have been helped and wish to donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site, please read Donations For Malware Removal

Elrond
Elrond
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove