Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

New computer

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Re: New computer

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » February 21st, 2008, 11:40 pm

No... thats pretty much my experience with them so far. But its not surprising seeing as how that setting passes analog signals straight through without any decoding... so it produces more of a "pure" sound.

Only thing I don't like about them is that I'm probably going to have to buy another set, I think. They're bad @ss enough when hooked up to my PC. But when hooked up to my Home Theatre system... its absolutely freaking ridiculous how good they sound.

Its a PITA to have to disconnect/reconnect them. Another set would be much easier :D
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby markamus » February 22nd, 2008, 1:04 am

I've wanted to hook them up to my home system but never really got around to doing it. I think I may have to try that! :D
markamus

Unread postby suresh » February 22nd, 2008, 2:11 am

Thanks now i know what graphic card to buy and what sound system to buy.
suresh

Unread postby suresh » February 22nd, 2008, 4:19 am

One last question Vista or XP
suresh

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » February 22nd, 2008, 9:38 am

Personally... I'm one of the minority, I suppose, in the fact that I like Vista. I've had no problems with it and everything I've installed as far as software/hardware/peripherals go... its all worked fine.

Even my old system with old hardware ran it not too bad. Only had one issue with the old system and that was with soundcard in it. Its a SoundBlaster Awe64. Vista didn't have native drivers for it and Creative hadn't produced any for Vista because it was quite a few years old at the time. Wasn't really an issue though as I installed the XP drivers for it and it worked fine after that.

It now dual boots between XP and Vista and is pretty much only used as a test box for malware.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby ndmmxiaomayi » February 22nd, 2008, 10:07 am

Vista is pretty stable if you DIY. As Vista uses NTFS file system, it should be more stable. Before Vista, there's the option of using FAT32 file system. This can create a lot system instabilities if Windows for no reason keeps crashing. Mine corrupted after Windows crashed 3 times and I was using FAT32. After I switched to NTFS, the system is much more stable.

Non-DIY ones... no issues spotted so far, except HP computers and that was due to one security update. It basically killed it.

Although I pretty much hate Vista, a switch isn't too bad. Just need a little re-learning, or those unwilling to learn, just tweak Vista a bit to turn it back to the classic Windows days.
ndmmxiaomayi
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby markamus » February 22nd, 2008, 10:37 am

I was just about to buy Vista with the new PC i'm putting together. Then I checked my credit limit. Couldn't quite afford it right now lol. Had to go back with XP Home.

However, once I get this card paid off, I'm planning on getting another HDD and installing Vista Ultimate :)

Last I used Vista was the trial that M$ offered for download a while back. It has since expired, but I didn't have too much luck with compatibility on that one. I hope Vista has come a long way since that, I don't want any other problems with it, especially for the price Vista goes for.
markamus

Unread postby markamus » February 22nd, 2008, 10:55 am

'Kota,

As luck would have it, I just came across that very speaker set on Amazon with a $40 rebate right now...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002W ... B0002WPSBC
markamus

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » February 22nd, 2008, 11:03 am

markamus wrote:'Kota,

As luck would have it, I just came across that very speaker set on Amazon with a $40 rebate right now...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002W ... B0002WPSBC

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up :)
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » February 22nd, 2008, 11:08 am

Grrr.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.

Bunch of junk :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » February 22nd, 2008, 11:11 am

And of course... amazon.ca has no such deal...

Bleh

Edit: Found this though...

Woohoo!

Will be picking it up tonight after work :)
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby markamus » February 22nd, 2008, 11:12 am

Doh...

Sorry, didn't catch that part. Amazon just lost some brownie points.
markamus

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » February 22nd, 2008, 11:16 am

S'ok... Future Shop has a sweet deal on them right now... edited previous post :)
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby markamus » February 22nd, 2008, 11:24 am

Very nice. My parts for the new PC just shipped in here at work too. Fun for everyone! :lol:

Enjoy the 2nd set, don't shake too many pictures off the wall. Mrs. 'Kota might not be too happy... LOL
markamus

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » February 22nd, 2008, 12:18 pm

Meh... I'll pick her up some ear plugs :D
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions