Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Studying advice

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Re: Studying advice

Unread postby Alander » January 6th, 2008, 4:19 am

I have music i like on when i study, and for me at least, i will only perform under stress
Alander

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby pottsy » January 8th, 2008, 7:43 am

Like a few others I find notes help me whilst studying.

Also make sure to take a break rather than carry on for long periods of time as well
pottsy

Unread postby Drewcat » February 1st, 2008, 10:43 am

Hows it been going Scotty? Has anything you have tried helped?

My brain hurts from Pl's :( I don't even know how I will deal with information overload on harder things. I just thought I should do some yoga, then laughed at myself lol. It is really good stuff, just doesn't seem very useful until after it's done. Might have to take it up if I am going to stop logs from making me crazy. Or xanax. :lol:
Drewcat

Unread postby Scotty » February 4th, 2008, 4:31 pm

Hi Drewcat

Again sorry for going OT in the 02 room.

My studying has taken a back seat at the mo. Im waiting to get the ok from the good lady to purchase a proper oem copy of XP Pro.

I have been fortunate to get some hands on experience with a couple of mates computers. That's a little help.
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Unread postby blackmirror » February 4th, 2008, 6:42 pm

Well when you find out a study technique that works please let me know

I find that my head is filled with other things
Washing
whats for tea
Have i enough milk for the day :D
blackmirror

Unread postby Gary R » February 4th, 2008, 6:57 pm

blackmirror wrote:Well when you find out a study technique that works please let me know

I find that my head is filled with other things
Washing
whats for tea
Have i enough milk for the day :D

You forgot one.

Is that damned eye around again?

Image It is! :D
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Drewcat » February 4th, 2008, 7:05 pm

Hi Drewcat

Again sorry for going OT in the 02 room.

My studying has taken a back seat at the mo. Im waiting to get the ok from the good lady to purchase a proper oem copy of XP Pro.

I have been fortunate to get some hands on experience with a couple of mates computers. That's a little help.

No worries.

I will have to look up this oem deal. I keep seeing it around, no idea what it is. So much to learn. I'm glad to hear you're taking a break of sorts. After looking at server support, well, this is what I look like :shock: Can only imagine what those classes you're taking are like.

Being able to work on family/friends computers is useful. Seeing the variety of what other people have I find enlightening. I only really mess around on my moms computer, besides I have enough problems with my own lol.

:cat:
Drewcat

Unread postby Scotty » February 5th, 2008, 7:56 am

OEM is the version of Windows that you either get when you purchase from a computer from a shop, or the version you buy as a "System Builder", which is much cheaper than the usual Windows but you dont get the support from MS as you normally would, or you are under agreement to provide the support to the end user yourself.

Ive bought nearly 2 computers worth of parts from a supplier so I should be recognised as a builder. :)

I did Server Support for a while last year, but RW got in the way. Ive got a lot of respect for the hard workers over there.
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Drewcat » February 5th, 2008, 8:28 am

Hi,

I went and read about oem too.
So basically if you are a "system builder" you are able to buy these oem items to use. Thats cool. If you've bought 2 computers worth of stuff I'd say you must be building something! ;) I think it would be great to know how to build your own and what items are good etc etc. I've seen a bit of that in the threads and it made me think pre built systems are the devil. :lol:
Drewcat

Unread postby turn 5 » February 5th, 2008, 8:57 am

Drewcat OEM means original equipment manufacturer.

Windows XP pro full $299.99
Windows XP pro OEM $139.99
turn 5

Unread postby Scotty » February 5th, 2008, 8:59 am

Ha. Who's going OT now. :D

Ive not been into computers long, but I decided to build a cheap pc myself. It was quite simple, though I did have two problems. A faulty motherboard, which I thought at first was the PSU and replaced it, then realised it was the mobo, which the suppliers replaced at no extra cost, even after 6 months since purchase.
Nowadays, with the manuals that come with the parts, it's no problem putting everything together. I did it for under £200 and Ubuntu runs fine. E-buyer UK, where I get my parts, sells the OEM version of XP Pro for £88.

If in doubt, go to Amazon and pick up an A+ Training Guide. That's where I learned about the hardware side of things. (And that's another exam I need to take)
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Drewcat » February 5th, 2008, 10:27 am

Ha. Who's going OT now.

I wasn't off topic. You the off topic cops now? lol I didn't accuse you of off topicness, for the record.

Under $200 thats a pretty good deal. Thanks for the info, is interesting.

Yea I saw the definition when I looked it up.
$299. for an OS! eeeek
Drewcat

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to General Discussions