Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Christmas ready/kitchen done:

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Re: Christmas ready/kitchen done:

Unread postby Bob4 » December 25th, 2007, 5:53 am

Gary R wrote:
Never ever, ever, ever break down and give in Ken, it just uncorks a whole flood of other "essential" jobs your wife has been holding back for when you "softened".

Is it just my wife or the majority that come up with other projects while your doing a project ? Do they think that while we're wrestling a wall or nursing a throbbing thumb that just crawled out from under a fast moving hammer that we're softened up to hear about the other things we haven't done yet ? :lol:
All of a sudden the pantry that was fine during the remodeling has to go.
Bob4 << shaking head like I did when the tile came off in the other bathroom.
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Drewcat » December 25th, 2007, 6:13 am

Secret #5: Though we often protest, we actually enjoy fixing things around the house
http://men.webmd.com/features/11-dont-t ... eep?page=3
Drewcat

Unread postby ktreffin » December 25th, 2007, 7:16 am

Gary R wrote:Never ever, ever, ever break down and give in Ken, it just uncorks a whole flood of other "essential" jobs your wife has been holding back for when you "softened".

I've just had all the doors and windows replaced in my place, and already my missus has determined that we (funny I never see her doing any of it) need to completely restructure the whole house as a consequence.

You should know by now that nothing irritates a wife more than seeing her husband with any spare time whatsoever, and that she'll always have a deluge of things for you to do if once you weaken. :D :D

Gary,

I always love your words of wisdom. :sign5:

Thanks for bringing me back to my senses!! :D :D
ktreffin
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Gary R » December 25th, 2007, 8:09 am

ktreffin wrote:I always love your words of wisdom. :sign5:

Thanks for bringing me back to my senses!! :D :D

Believe me, it's taken me years to develop the state of household inertia that I now possess. Years during which my ears have been constantly assaulted with pleas for action.

But serious study of transcendental meditation has enabled me to reach a state where I can now ignore them with impunity.

I highly recommend that you too devote time to perusing the wise words of the Tibetan llamas, it'll drive your wife wild with frustration and save you from no end of unnecessary labour. :D :D
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby muppy03 » January 23rd, 2008, 4:57 am

oh lots of fighting words in them posts :blackeye:

Anyway now for the girls side... I have been renovating my house for the last 12 months, slow going because I work full time too. I would say the 90% of the work was done by me. :D This includes tiling (60sm of floor) also the bathroom (every single tile, floor and wall). I did not do any electrics or the new plumbing connections. I have also built actual rooms including gyrock/drywall plastering and cornice/molding. Most of my furniture is made by me too including built in wardrobes......

so gooooo.. the girls :flower:
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Bob4 » January 23rd, 2008, 8:05 am

I'm impressed Muppy,
I'm about to tackle my first tiling job here as soon as I finish up the plumbing behind the wall for it. Bathroom remodel. :roll:
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Gary R » January 23rd, 2008, 8:12 am

muppy03 wrote:I have been renovating my house for the last 12 months, slow going because I work full time too. I would say the 90% of the work was done by me. :D This includes tiling (60sm of floor) also the bathroom (every single tile, floor and wall). I did not do any electrics or the new plumbing connections. I have also built actual rooms including gyrock/drywall plastering and cornice/molding. Most of my furniture is made by me too including built in wardrobes......

Why did I never find a woman like this, then I could fulfil my long held ambition to be a bone idle ne'er do well (you can do my logs for me as well if you like :D ).

Course you can always pay me a visit, I'm sure I can find a few walls need plastering, or a bit of tiling for you to do, just so you can keep your hand in. :D :D
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby muppy03 » January 23rd, 2008, 6:00 pm

good on you bob, just remember the waterproofing especially if its a shower area (kits are available with everything needed in hardware stores. also if you are doing the whole room take the time and plan the layout of your tiles. eg if you have a bathtub plan on using a whole tile above it and work out your straight lines from there. (hope that made sense.)

Gary, so far tiling is easier than logs :shock: I think we need to rename the 'easy' ones to 'not really easy'
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Gary R » January 23rd, 2008, 7:09 pm

muppy03 wrote:Gary, so far tiling is easier than logs :shock: I think we need to rename the 'easy' ones to 'not really easy'

Yes, well you're obviously using the wrong technique, I found blackmail worked great when I went through the University.

Course bribery and corruption were much more rife in my day as well.

Shame that we had to lose those time honoured methods for promotion and descend to the awful habit of progress through ability. ;) :D

Still, that's progress I suppose. :?
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to General Discussions