Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

new user, malware questions

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

new user, malware questions

Unread postby picturesplus » December 11th, 2007, 10:38 pm

Hi folks. I just joined here, hoping to find some answers to issues with my XP. I had Norton Antivirus (still have, but I deactivated it) which was ok until I got DSL. Then I realized how badly Norton eats up my CPU. So I loaded AVG Free, then today loaded and ran Spybot Search and Destroy.

Spybot S&D found all kinds of trojans, etc. But after running it and eliminating those that I was certain were bad, IE7 showed IT was using up 98-99% of my CPU. I did msconfig, and removed Spybot S&D from the start menu, and several others from the "services" table, and IE7 seems to be working now, but I'm wondering if when I reboot (haven't yet) I might have issues with this.

Also, I noticed in the start menu an executable file labeled "36110103225105870656.exe" with no information as to where or whom it came from. I searched for this on the net and found nothing, but I did find several listings for "36110103225.exe", indicating it was malware, and part of malware group Rootkit Haxdoor.

My questions are:
1) Is the file I have also a Rootkit Haxdoor malware?
2) Am I likely to have issues when restarting my computer by turning off Spybot S&D and others?
3) How do I make sure my hard drive is REALLY clean? On the cheap or free, preferably?

Thanks very much. I'm looking forward to your answers.
picturesplus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: new user, malware questions

Unread postby picturesplus » December 11th, 2007, 10:55 pm

I forgot to mention this. I can't enter any website addresses directly into the address bar, because this instantly locks up my computer. When I do ctrl+alt+del, it always shows IE7 is using my whole CPU, and I have to "end process". I can open IE7 again, and it's fine, and I can go to any saved site in favorites, or any searched site link, but I just can't enter an address in my address bar. What's causing this, and how can I fix it?

Thanks.
picturesplus

Re: new user, malware questions

Unread postby ChrisRLG » December 12th, 2007, 4:29 am

I would recommend that you post this in the malware removal room - along with a hijackthis log.

posting.php?mode=post&f=11

I would have moved this, but all the helpers look for topics without any replies, and you have already replied to your own topic.

So post in that link I provided as a new topic in the right room and one of the experts will get to you.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Return to General Discussions