Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

submitting a log file for help

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: submitting a log file for help

Unread postby alba_greeneyes » December 10th, 2007, 3:07 am

Hi,

I put the kettle on a couple of times! Here is the kaspersky scan. Looks like I have a problem!

Regarding the ads, the last one just appeared and took up the whole screen of the computer. It wanted to install programs that had to do with registry, anti virus, and other stuff supposedly to protect my computer. I have kicked myself for not writing down what the name of the "company" was. I kept trying to click the red "x" at the top right hand side of the screen to close it but it would not go away. Finally, however, it did close but I could hear my computer running as though something was going on. The ads in the past did not come up taking up the whole screen and they appeared when i was going to a new site. Those did not happen often but were hard to close also. The other problem I was talking about was getting a white blank area when I would try to close something. An example would be; if I clicked down the favorites button to go to one of those sites and, then, when I clicked on the site I wanted to go to; the area that the favorites section took up on the screen would just turn white instead of disappearing.

I am working on the Internet Explorer problem but haven't gotten anywhere with it yet.

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Sunday, December 09, 2007 10:52:11 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 10/12/2007
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 478097
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\
G:\
H:\
I:\
J:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 73927
Number of viruses found: 1
Number of infected objects: 3
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 00:49:12

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg7\Log\emc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7log.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7log.log.lck Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\LightScribe\log\log248.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\ntuser.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\ClientSD\Ent.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live(3)\ClientSD(2)\Ent.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live(4)\ClientSD(2)\Ent.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{2466A83D-1B81-456E-9766-38C2B7E48210}\RP524\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\ModemLog_Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Windows_OneCare_Evt.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped
D:\I386\Apps\APP17317\src\HPSummer2005.exe/WISE0016.BIN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.MyWay.j skipped
D:\I386\Apps\APP17317\src\HPSummer2005.exe WiseSFX: infected - 1 skipped
D:\I386\Apps\APP17317\src\HPSummer2005.exe WiseSFXDropper: infected - 1 skipped

Scan process completed.
alba_greeneyes

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Katana » December 10th, 2007, 6:29 am

There is nothing to worry about in that log, It is just showing an advertising installer
There is nothing yet to explain the adverts you were getting ?, are they still appearing ?
The blank area in IE sounds like a problem in IE itself, hopefully the reinstall I suggested will have cured that.

Remove Programs
Now click Start---Control Panel. Double click Add or Remove Programs. If any of the following programs are listed there,
click on the program to highlight it, and click on remove.
  • Blackhawk Striker 2 from Compaq
    Blasterball 2 from Compaq
    Blasterball 2 Holidays from Compaq
    Blasterball 2 Remix from Compaq
    Bounce Symphony from Compaq
    Crystal Maze from Compaq
    Final Drive Nitro from Compaq
    Netscape Internet Service
    Netscape Web Accelerator
    Overball from Compaq
    Phoenix Assault from Compaq
    Polar Bowler from Compaq
    Polar Golfer from Compaq
    Remove WeatherBug installer
    Shooting Stars Pool from Compaq
    Slyder from Compaq
    Super Granny from Compaq
    Tradewinds from Compaq
Now close the Control Panel.

OTMoveIt
Please download OTMoveIt by OldTimer.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Please double-click OTMoveIt.exe to run it.
  • Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy):

D:\I386\Apps\APP17317\src\HPSummer2005.exe
    C:\Program Files\Netscape Internet Service
    C:\Program Files\WildTangent

• Return to OTMoveIt, right click on the "Paste List of Files/Folders to be moved" window and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • Close OTMoveIt
  • Copy and paste the contents of the results box as a reply to this topic
If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

**If a reboot was necessary or you needed to Exit before posting the log, you will find a copy of the log at the root of the drive where OTMoveIt is installed, usually at :
C:\\_OTMoveIt\\MovedFiles\\********_******.log
(where "********_******" is the "date_time")

Fix With HJT
Close all other windows and then start HiJack This
Click Do A System Scan Only
When it has finished scanning put a check next to the following lines

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "c:\program files\common files\installshield\updateservice\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_9
O23 - Service: Netscape Update Service (NCUpdateSvc) - Netscape Communications Corporation - C:\Program Files\Netscape Internet Service\ncupdatesvc.exe

- Close ALL open windows (especially Internet Explorer!)-
Now click Fix checked
Click yes to any prompts
Close HijackThis

Please reboot, and then run HJT again to produce a fresh log
Please post the fresh log in your reply
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby alba_greeneyes » December 10th, 2007, 6:54 pm

Hi There,
Here I am again.

I removed all of the games. I could not remove the Netscape accelerator. The message said "You do not have sufficient access to remove netscape web accelerator from add or remove programs list. Please contact your administrator."

I downloaded and ran OTMovelt. It is on my desktop. I pasted the list you gave me into the program and items were moved. I had to reboot my computer. Now I cannot find the file.

I searched in files and folders, documents, desktop, and, finally pasted the file from your post into search and then searched in "my Computer". Message came back saying the C:\\_OTMovelt/Moved Files\\ etc etc that i pasted in is no good.

I have no idea where or how to look for it, when i typed the information into search and looked in files and folders or documents the search engine just ran and ran and never said anything after an hour I stopped it. When I pasted information and searched in My Computer is when I got "no good" message. I am sorry. It is a burden on you not only to try to help me fix my computer but to be educating me on computer basics too. :cry:
alba_greeneyes

Unread postby Katana » December 10th, 2007, 7:52 pm

It's not a problem ;)

Click Start, then in the window that opens select My Computer
Next double click Local drive C

there should be a folder there named _OTMoveIt, open that folder.
Now you should see a folder called Moved Files, open that folder
If you have got this far, there WILL be a text file that has the date when you ran OTMoveIt.
Just open the text file and copy paste the contents here.

Please can you post a fresh HJT log as well.

How are things running now ?
Any problems with IE still ?
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby alba_greeneyes » December 10th, 2007, 8:14 pm

Thanks Katana,

Here it is

D:\I386\Apps\APP17317\src\HPSummer2005.exe moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\Netscape Internet Service\Netscape Web Accelerator moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\Netscape Internet Service moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LicenseStores\WT moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LicenseStores moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\TaskStore moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\System moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\Scripts\Uninstall moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\Scripts\Install moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\Scripts\Downloaded moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\Scripts\Common moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\Scripts moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\CDAData\UninstallerUI\ProgressScreen moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\CDAData\UninstallerUI\InUseScreen moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\CDAData\UninstallerUI\Images moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\CDAData\UninstallerUI\FinishedScreen moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\CDAData\UninstallerUI\ErrorScreen moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\CDAData\UninstallerUI\CDAWithDependantsScreen moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\CDAData\UninstallerUI\CDAOnlyScreen moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\CDAData\UninstallerUI moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\CDAData\Checkin moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\CDAData moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\Cache moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS\AppConfig moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\LFS moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Components moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Notifications\hpwelcome\scripts moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Notifications\hpwelcome\600h moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Notifications\hpwelcome moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Notifications moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\FA7F5211-C629-4711-BD82-7DFFB08CB518 moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\F05A08BF-E600-4FBD-A53A-3D47296B1275\scripts moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\F05A08BF-E600-4FBD-A53A-3D47296B1275\media\sounds moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\F05A08BF-E600-4FBD-A53A-3D47296B1275\media\lexibots moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\F05A08BF-E600-4FBD-A53A-3D47296B1275\media\boards moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\F05A08BF-E600-4FBD-A53A-3D47296B1275\media moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\F05A08BF-E600-4FBD-A53A-3D47296B1275\intro\resources moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\F05A08BF-E600-4FBD-A53A-3D47296B1275\intro moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\F05A08BF-E600-4FBD-A53A-3D47296B1275\images moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\F05A08BF-E600-4FBD-A53A-3D47296B1275\help moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\F05A08BF-E600-4FBD-A53A-3D47296B1275 moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\DE87FA96-7840-420C-86F9-33F3B7B3CED1\previews moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\DE87FA96-7840-420C-86F9-33F3B7B3CED1 moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\D06AB82F-D68E-405A-9886-AB8804291B6D moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\CCCDE323-C76D-44DA-BB5B-B8ABE767756E moved successfully.
Folder move failed. C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\C43D84CD-EBFC-48D3-A330-7868C8AD415A\settings scheduled to be moved on reboot.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\C43D84CD-EBFC-48D3-A330-7868C8AD415A moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\BFAF1EEC-E987-415B-BCB8-80CDB0BC6CDF moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\9D7E7CDA-051E-4B0D-8CEE-58F41F449CF9 moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\8BA6F58B-7A91-461F-95F8-E34F8BD8AA4E moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\75528D5F-DD82-402E-BA7C-045B7DC6A712 moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\66195170-D19D-46C5-8FB7-8A4630071ADC moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\657A0149-EEC7-4FB2-AB4F-CB7AA027748E moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\3330A279-CC39-4A17-AE19-DA464B26AD9A moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\29FF6D07-4A15-41F1-9D5E-E0F3A58012C6 moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\05E21449-3BA3-42BF-BBDA-95205F4EA40A moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games\045C89A0-CA37-443C-8826-F750227DE69C moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel\Games moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\GameChannel moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\GameData moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\ControlPanel\Webd moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\ControlPanel\DRM moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\ControlPanel\DMMP moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\ControlPanel\CDA moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\ControlPanel moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\ActiveLauncher moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps moved successfully.
C:\Program Files\WildTangent moved successfully.
File/Folder not found.

Created on 12/10/2007 12:04:33

Hmmmmm,

My computer was running rotten. Wouldn't close windows so I restarted it and now seems to be okay.

I noticed that when I went to runescape site that the ads were not displayed instead white area where ads should be had message saying "internet explorer could not display" don't know if this is because of what i have been doing or problem with IE.

I haven't been working on IE cause been working on this.

I will run HJT and send it to you. BTW, can i ask why i need to remove the Java and Adobe files? I don't object, just curious about them.
alba_greeneyes

Unread postby alba_greeneyes » December 11th, 2007, 12:50 am

Hi!

Here is the HJT log. 023 - Service : netscape update Service (ncupdatesvc) - Netscape Communications Corporation etc etc was not there. I am curious to know why i would have ipod service - apple computer in my computer and also what is light scribe service?
So much stuff, lol.

btw, when i went to microsoft re internet explorer a update download came up that i had previously not downloaded because it was for microsoft office which i do not have in my computer though I do have the installer there. I didn't think I needed the update even though they called it a priority update because I don't have office. What do you think?

I have not done anything more with the internet explorer re install because i am finding my way through the microsoft site yu sent me. So far, I hadn't seen anything that said anything about re-installing IE. I will work on that tomorrow. :bounce:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:29:14 PM, on 12/10/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16544)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://my.netzero.net/s/sp?r=al&cf=sp
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiSPower] Rundll32.exe SiSPower.dll,ModeAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LSBWatcher] c:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add To Compaq Organize... - C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\COMPAQ~1\bin/module.main/favorites\ie_add_to.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm (HKCU)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm (HKCU)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.passport.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.passport.net
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.windowsonecare.com
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partne ... nicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {13EC55CF-D993-475B-9ACA-F4A384957956} (Controller Class) - https://www.windowsonecare.com/install/ ... bAgent.CAB
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftup ... 2724271352
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftup ... 2724216852
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan ... asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMe ... loader.cab
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Unknown owner - c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

--
End of file - 9027 bytes
alba_greeneyes

Unread postby Katana » December 11th, 2007, 7:08 am

alba_greeneyes wrote:I noticed that when I went to runescape site that the ads were not displayed instead white area where ads should be had message saying "internet explorer could not display" don't know if this is because of what i have been doing or problem with IE.
BTW, can i ask why i need to remove the Java and Adobe files? I don't object, just curious about them.

It may be that the site the advert is coming from is blocked in some way, either by the Hosts file or some other AdBlocking program.

RE Adoboe and Java ----- I haven't removed the files, I have just removed the auto-updaters from running at start up
So far I have only spoken to a couple of people that have ever seen them work, so they are not needed.

alba_greeneyes wrote:I am curious to know why i would have ipod service - apple computer in my computer and also what is light scribe service?

btw, when i went to microsoft re internet explorer a update download came up that i had previously not downloaded because it was for microsoft office which i do not have in my computer though I do have the installer there. I didn't think I needed the update even though they called it a priority update because I don't have office. What do you think?

RE Ipod service -- At some point someone must have connected an Ipod to your computer.
If you no longer use one we can remove it

RE Light Scribe -- this is a program that comes with HP printers and computers, it is for creating labels for CD/DVD's
http://www.lightscribe.com

Your program list shows Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 as being installed, so I would allow the update as it will stop any vulnerabilities that may be present.

Here is a link for IE dwonload
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

It may ask you to verify that you are using a liscenced copy of XP before you can download it, this is normal.
Just follow the on screen prompts

When it is downloaded, double click the installer and it should give you an option to Repair... click on that

Let me know how you get on :thumbup:
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby alba_greeneyes » December 19th, 2007, 8:06 pm

Hi Katana,

I have been a little slow about doing things. I finally got Office update installed. I had to do it in sections since it was a 6 hour download at my dial up speed :( -- And my ISP disconnects me after 4 hours!

I am not happy with the situation with Spybot. Every time I run it, I get a message saying "no threats found." That is completely different than years of running that program. In the past there has always been a few things to be fixed. I am wondering if some program is in my computer that is blocking Spybot from working properly. Would it help if I removed Spybot and then re-installed it?

I have not re-installed Internet Explorer. My problems with it only happen about once every couple of months and the "windows has encountered a problem and must close" messages are always reported to microsoft. Not that that helps because microsoft always says they don't know what the problem is. However, the last message said "serious system error."
I just don't have much confidence that I wouldn't do something that would mess up IE and leave me with no browser. My understanding of how computers work is limited.

So, is there a problem with having the two browsers in my computer at the same time? I think I would like to install Firefox and use that. Then try to re-install Internet Explorer.

Anyway, my computer seems to be working okay most of the time. It sometimes starts to lag on me. When it starts to lag I just shut it down and restart it. That seems to stop the lagging.

I have just run a program called Secunia Software Inspector and found some programs that are not up-to-date so I will be fixing those after I send this to you.

Thank you for your time. I won't apologize for talking to much rofl :bounce:
alba_greeneyes

Unread postby Katana » December 20th, 2007, 4:39 am

You can have as many internet browsers installed as you like :)
I know for a fact that some people have at least 4 :shock:

The lag that happens, is it when the machine has been on for a while ?

You can reinstall Spybot if you want to try it, but it may just be a case of there is nothing for Spybot to find.
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » December 24th, 2007, 12:14 am

As this issue appears to be resolved, This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email to 'admin at malwareremoval.com' with a link to your thread.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal

Please do not contact us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous