Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Warning! Potential Spyware Operation!

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Warning! Potential Spyware Operation!

Unread postby curlylad » November 13th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Good Evening PunkGurl

Here are your next instructions

STEP 1

Disable Windows Defender

Please disable Windows Defender Real Time Protection as it may interfere with the fix. To disable Windows Defender:
  • Open Windows Defender
  • Click Tools
  • Click General Settings
  • Scroll down to Real Time Protection Options
  • Uncheck Turn on Real Time Protection (recommended)
  • Close Windows Defender
Once your log is clean you can re-enable Windows Defender Real Time Protection.

STEP 2

Delete Java Cache
  • Press Start
  • Go to Control Panel
  • Click Java
  • Under Temporary Internet Files click Settings...
  • Now click Delete files...
  • Select both options and click OK
  • The temporary files will now be deleted.
  • When done click OK twice and close Control Panel.

STEP 3

Clear Restore Points

If you are using Windows ME or XP then you should disable and re-enable system restore to make sure there are no infected files found in a restore point.
To turn off System Restore:-
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer
Click Properties
Click the System Restore tab
Check Turn off System Restore
Click Apply, and then click OK

Reboot.

To turn on System Restore again:-
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer
Click Properties
Click the System Restore tab
Uncheck Turn off System Restore
Click Apply, and then click OK
NOTE: only do this ONCE

STEP 4

Uninstall Programs

There are a few programs that need to be uninstalled.
Please go to Add and Remove Programs in your Control Panel and uninstall the following:-

Java(TM) 6 Update 2
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1

STEP 5

ATF Cleaner

Download ATF (Atribune Temp File) Cleaner© by Atribune to your desktop.

Double-click ATF Cleaner.exe to open it

Under Main choose:
Windows Temp
Current User Temp
All Users Temp
Cookies
Temporary Internet Files
Prefetch
Java Cache

*The other boxes are optional*
Then click the Empty Selected button.

Firefox:
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

Opera:
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

STEP 6

Panda Active Scan

Please go HERE to run PandaActiveScan...

• Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
  • A new window will open...click the Check Now button
  • Enter your Country
  • Enter your State/Province
  • Enter your e-mail address and click send
  • Select either Home User or Company
  • Click the big Scan Now button
  • If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
  • It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)

• When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
  • When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to your desktop.

STEP 7

Report Back
  • Please now post back the Panda Active Scan Log
  • And a fresh HijackThis Log.

Also I would like you to tell me how your system is now running ?
Are you experiencing any of your original problems ?
curlylad
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby PunkGurl » November 13th, 2007, 7:20 pm

My system seems to be running fine but I'm kinda wondering because when I run the programs that you want me to run, it says I have infected files. I haven't been getting of the original problems that I have been getting.

Here is the Panda scan log:

Incident Status Location

Potentially unwanted tool:Application/NirCmd.A Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\NirCmd.exe
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor

Here is the Hijackthis log:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:15:00 PM, on 11/13/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {05D44720-58E3-49E6-BDF6-D00330E511D3} (StagingUI Object) - http://zone.msn.com/binFrameWork/v10/St ... b55579.cab
O16 - DPF: {0B79F48A-E8D6-11DB-9283-E25056D89593} (F-Secure Online Scanner 3.1) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/ka ... nicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {3BB54395-5982-4788-8AF4-B5388FFDD0D8} (MSN Games – Buddy Invite) - http://zone.msn.com/BinFrameWork/v10/ZB ... b55579.cab
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1005.cab
O16 - DPF: {5736C456-EA94-4AAC-BB08-917ABDD035B3} (ZonePAChat Object) - http://zone.msn.com/binframework/v10/ZP ... b55579.cab
O16 - DPF: {80B626D6-BC34-4BCF-B5A1-7149E4FD9CFA} (UnoCtrl Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/zpagames/GA ... b60096.cab
O16 - DPF: {8A94C905-FF9D-43B6-8708-F0F22D22B1CB} (Wwlaunch Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/shared/wwlaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan ... asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v ... b56649.cab
O16 - DPF: {CF969D51-F764-4FBF-9E90-475248601C8A} (FamilyFeud Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v47/fa ... lyfeud.cab
O16 - DPF: {DA2AA6CF-5C7A-4B71-BC3B-C771BB369937} (MSN Games – Game Communicator) - http://zone.msn.com/binframework/v10/St ... b55579.cab
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

--
End of file - 7920 bytes
PunkGurl

Unread postby curlylad » November 14th, 2007, 5:07 pm

Good Evening PunkGurl

you said
My system seems to be running fine but I'm kinda wondering because when I run the programs that you want me to run, it says I have infected files.

I'm glad your system seems to be running fine now, we've done a lot of good work to achieve that.
The scans that you have been running and the logs that they generate have shown what appears to be infected files/folders.
Some of those items were indeed infected and have been removed or uninstalled already, when I instructed you to Clear Restore Points in STEP 3 of the last instructions this would have removed virtually all the infected items that showed up in the previous Kaspersky Scan.
So we are almost there now, a few more checks to make absolutely sure there is nothing nasty lurking about your system and we should be good to go !

Here are your next instructions.

Download and Run Blacklight
Download F-Secure Blacklight (fsbl.exe) to the desktop from here.

Open it and click Accept Agreement.
Click Scan.
After the scan is complete, click Next, then Exit.
It will create a log on the desktop named fsbl-xxxxxxx.log (the xxxxxxx will be the date and time of the scan)
Save the log to your desktop.

Please now post the log back here for me to review.
curlylad
Retired Graduate

Unread postby PunkGurl » November 14th, 2007, 9:08 pm

It says that the F-Secure Blacklight is expired and I can't download it. Is there another way?
PunkGurl

Unread postby curlylad » November 15th, 2007, 3:22 pm

Good Evening PunkGurl
It says that the F-Secure Blacklight is expired and I can't download it. Is there another way?

OK, we'll try another tool to get the log I need, please forget the last instruction and follow on as below:-
  • Download AVG Anti-rootkit from here
  • Double click on avgarkt-setup-1.1.0.42.exe to start the install of AVG Anti-rootkit
  • Click Next>
  • Click Next>
  • Click I agree
  • Click Next>
  • Click Install
  • Click Finish, your computer will now be restarted
  • Once your machine has restarted, doubleclick on the AVG Anti-rootkit shortcut on your desktop to start AVG Anti-rootkit
  • Click Perform in-depth search
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to complete
  • Right click in the middle of the window, and click Save results
  • Save it to the desktop as avgrk.csv
  • Use notepad to open that file, and post the contents as a reply to this topic
curlylad
Retired Graduate

Unread postby PunkGurl » November 15th, 2007, 4:36 pm

I ran the softrware that you wanted me to run and it came up saying nothing was found and I couldn't save anything.
PunkGurl

Unread postby curlylad » November 15th, 2007, 6:47 pm

Good Evening PunkGurl

Just a few things left to do:-

Downloaded Programs

During the fix process I requested that you download and run some tools/programs.
Find below a list of the programs and what I recommend that you now do with them.
  • SmitfraudFix - This is no longer required and should be now uninstalled.
  • AVG Anti Spyware - This should be kept and run perhaps once a week to help remove all manner of malware from your system.
  • ComboFix - This was only necessary to use for the fix process and must now be uninstalled.
  • ATF Cleaner - This is a very useful program for deleting all the useless junk from your system, keep this and run it perhaps once a week.
  • F-Secure Blacklight - This can also be now uninstalled.
  • AVG Anti Rootkit - This too should now be uninstalled.

Congratulations, good work, your system is now clean.

Now that your system is safe we would like you to keep it that way.

Take the time to follow these instructions and it will greatly reduce the risk of further infections and greatly diminish the chances of you having to visit here again.

STEP 1 - Microsoft Windows Update

It is important that you have Automatic Updates turned on:-
Click Start > Control Panel > Security Centre and make sure that Automatic Updates are On.

Thinking of upgarding to IE 7 ?
Follow this link for information on IE7 http://www.ie-vista.com/

STEP 2 - Hide System Files

Click Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View Tab. Un-check Show hidden files and folders in the Hidden files and folders section, and Select Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option. Click Yes > OK.

STEP 3 – Create a clean system restore point

Now that your system is clean you should SET A NEW RESTORE POINT to prevent reinfection from an old restore point. Any malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since System Restore is a protected directory, your tools can not access it to delete these bad files which can reinfect your system. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to set a new RESTORE POINT:
1. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
2. Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
3. Then go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
4. Click "OK".
5. Click the "More Options" Tab.
6. Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

STEP 4 - Make your Internet Explorer more secure

Open Internet Explorer click Tools > Options > Security tab > Internet icon to highlight > Custom Level, then select the following options:-
Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
Change the Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
Click OK, then Apply > OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

STEP 5 - Anti Virus Software

It is very important that your computer has an anti-virus software running on your machine and that it is kept up to date.
I notice from your log that you already run an Anti Virus program, well done !
For future reference you could try one of these, both of which have a free version for home, non-networked, single user use.
AVG Anti Virus http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1
Avast Anti Virus http://www.avast.com/
For more information on anti-virus programs see http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?p=53#53

STEP 6 – Firewall

It is very important that you have a Firewall if you are using the Internet.
For your reference here is the link to some very good free firewalls
Kerio http://www.sunbelt-software.com/Kerio.cfm
Zone Alarm http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
For more information on firewalls see http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?p=56#56

STEP 7 - Spybot Search & Destroy

Download and install Spybot Search & destroy from http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
Enable the TeaTimer and SD Helper options during the installation process. Update this and scan your PC on a weekly basis.

STEP 8 - AdAware

Download and install Lavasoft Adaware SE Personal from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
Update this and scan your PC on a weekly basis.

STEP 9 - SpywareBlaster

Download and install Javacools SpywareBlaster from http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
SpywareBlaster adds a list of ActiveX controls, tracking cookies and sites which will be blocked in either Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers. You need to manually check for updates regularly.

Hopefully these steps will help keep your computer clean, glad I could be of assistance.

If there are any other questions then feel free to ask or in future do not hesitate to contact us here at The Malware Removal Forums
curlylad
Retired Graduate

Unread postby PunkGurl » November 15th, 2007, 7:52 pm

Thanks for all your help. :D
PunkGurl

Unread postby curlylad » November 17th, 2007, 11:17 am

My Pleasure PunkGurl :)
curlylad
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Gary R » November 17th, 2007, 12:30 pm