Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Attack of the popups.... trojan and junk

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Attack of the popups.... trojan and junk

Unread postby firehooves » November 14th, 2007, 4:24 pm

Deleted all those files :)
C:\Program Files\AdVantage\TR.dll was already gone, because last night I went on a RAMPAGE and deleted all my pictures, any music not in my itunes folder, all my old documents... I removed a lot of the programs on my computer.

I dont have any more problems, just one more question..
a long time ago I downloaded a trial to a game "Armadillo Run". I was sure that I uninstalled it, however it still appears in my "Add/Remove Programs" list and my start menu. When I try to uninstall it, I get the message " File C:\Program Files\Armadillo Run Demo\unins000.dat does not exist. Cannot Uninstall." When I open program files\armadillo run demo the file appears, and i cannot delete it, it says it doesn't exist? Is there any way to get rid of it? If not, thats fine, its not causing me any harm :)

Thank you so much for your help!
firehooves

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Shaba » November 15th, 2007, 4:55 am

Hi

"I dont have any more problems, just one more question..
a long time ago I downloaded a trial to a game "Armadillo Run". I was sure that I uninstalled it, however it still appears in my "Add/Remove Programs" list and my start menu. When I try to uninstall it, I get the message " File C:\Program Files\Armadillo Run Demo\unins000.dat does not exist. Cannot Uninstall." When I open program files\armadillo run demo the file appears, and i cannot delete it, it says it doesn't exist? Is there any way to get rid of it? If not, thats fine, its not causing me any harm"

Go in HijackThis here:

Open misc tools -> open uninstall manager.

Highlight that entry and click delete that entry.

Did it help?
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Shaba » November 19th, 2007, 6:18 am

firehooves?
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby firehooves » November 19th, 2007, 6:19 pm

Sorry, I was away for the weekend!!
I deleted the entry through hijackthis, and it still comes up in the start menu. But it doesnt matter, we dont have to fuss with it, i just wondered if itd be a quick fix.
firehooves

Unread postby Shaba » November 20th, 2007, 4:52 am

Hi

"I deleted the entry through hijackthis, and it still comes up in the start menu"

Please download the Registry Search tool by clicking on the "hard drive" icon halfway down this page:
http://www.billsway.com/vbspage/
Save it to the desktop and run it. If you get an alert from your antivirus about scripting, choose to allow the script to run. Search for Armadillo Run and click OK. Post the logfile from the tool here for me.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby firehooves » November 20th, 2007, 8:05 am

REGEDIT4
; RegSrch.vbs © Bill James

; Registry search results for string "Armadillo Run" 11/20/2007 8:03:19 AM

; NOTE: This file will be deleted when you close WordPad.
; You must manually save this file to a new location if you want to refer to it again later.
; (If you save the file with a .reg extension, you can use it to restore any Registry changes you make to these values.)

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2831891825-2885365911-1179562763-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu2\Programs\Armadillo Run Demo]

"C:\\Documents and Settings\\nicole\\Local Settings\\Temporary Internet Files\\Content.IE5\\HSPJ4CMS\\setup[2].exe"="setup[2]"
"C:\\Program Files\\Armadillo Run Demo\\unins000.exe"="Setup/Uninstall"
firehooves

Unread postby Shaba » November 20th, 2007, 8:10 am

Hi

First we'll need to backup registry:

Start -> Run -> regedit -> ok. Then File -> Export. Give it a name and press Save.

Save text below as fix.reg on Notepad (save it as all files (*.*)) on Desktop

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2831891825-2885365911-1179562763-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu2\Programs\Armadillo Run Demo]

It should look like this -> Image

Doubleclick fix.reg, press Yes and ok.

(In case you are unsure how to create a reg file, take a look here with screenshots.)

Reboot.

Is it now gone?
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby firehooves » November 27th, 2007, 9:51 am

still not gone. (its being awfully stubborn).
its not totally nessecary that we fix it, if it will take too much time
firehooves

Unread postby Shaba » November 27th, 2007, 10:56 am

Hi

• Download Registrar Lite from here and install it.
  • Start Registrar Lite.
  • Type in to Address field this and click ok: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2831891825-2885365911-1179562763-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu2\Programs\Armadillo Run Demo
  • Right-click that key and choose Properties. Click "Take ownership".
  • Right-click that key again and choose Delete.

Now gone?
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Shaba » December 6th, 2007, 6:08 am