Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Hijackthis is not installing properly/ running at all on PC

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Hijackthis is not installing properly/ running at all on PC

Unread postby shadowsofbodom » October 31st, 2007, 1:22 am

Firstly, I think I have some sort of keylogger on my system. But I can't even get the Hijackthis logs to show you guys because the program is simply not running on my PC. I can download it obviously, but then when i try to install it, it apparently installing to the C drive but when it tries to run, an error pops up that says, "this application has failed to start because MSVBVM60.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." And re-installing it doesn't absolutely nothing.

Please help!
shadowsofbodom

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby IndiGenus » November 2nd, 2007, 3:38 pm

Hi shadowsofbodom and welcome to the forums.

My name is Dave. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can sometimes take a while to research so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

I need to check any posts to you with a teacher/expert first so please be patient as we go through this.
IndiGenus

Unread postby IndiGenus » November 2nd, 2007, 4:51 pm

Hi,

Please follow the instructions at this link to hopefully resolve your issues. Then post the HijackThis log.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/idx/18/003/article/
IndiGenus

Unread postby shadowsofbodom » November 2nd, 2007, 5:18 pm

Hi Dave. On another topic I had the same issue and someone else started helping me already. I'm sorry if I wasted your time :(, but hopefully you can just remove this topic so that this just goes away.
shadowsofbodom

Advertisement
Register to Remove