Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Deepdive, Smitfraud-C etc can't get rid of programs. Help

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Deepdive, Smitfraud-C etc can't get rid of programs. Help

Unread postby kaypo » October 4th, 2007, 10:27 pm

I will begin this post by stating I am very green in regards to fixing this problem. I contacted Norton and the tech explained I had Malware which would cost me $100 to have removed. I told him no thanks surely there has to be another way.

I have downloaded spybot and run at least 7 times today and it keeps saying that I have the same problems: Deepdive, Microsoft windows Security center disabled, and Smitfraud-C. I've run Microsoft malware software which didn't stop the problem either. Ran Norton full scan Internet Protection 3 times and nothing.

I attempted to run Kaspersky, but it keeps saying I am not the admin (which I am) and that the security needs to be at medium level which it is. I also have this huge red desktop background that overrides my screensaver and tells me I need to download their software. If someone out there could help me step by step it would be greatly appreciated. The pop-ups will not stop along with all the messages supposedly from microsoft.

I really need someone to help me through this process. Thank you so much in advance.
kaypo

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby kaypo » October 5th, 2007, 10:36 am

Is there not anyone out there that can assist me with this problem. I have recieved 12 views and not one person has left feedback. I really need some assistance regarding this problem.

Kind Regards
kaypo

Unread postby km2357 » October 5th, 2007, 2:23 pm

Hello and welcome to The Malware Removal Forum.

My name is km2357 and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Since I am still in training, I have to let experts check the content of my fixes before I post them so please be patient.

I will be giving you a series of instructions that need to be followed in the order in which I give them to you.

If for any reason you do not understand an instruction or are just unsure then please do not guess, simply post back with your questions/concerns and we will go through it again.

Please do not start another thread or topic, I will assist you at this thread until we solve your problems.

Lastly the fix may take several attempts and my replies may take some time but I will stick with it if you do the same.

I will be back as soon as possible with your first instructions!

Step # 1: Download and Run HijackThis
Download HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop.

• Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.

Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Step # 2: Make an uninstall list using HijackThis
To access the Uninstall Manager you would do the following:

1. Start HijackThis
2. Click on the Config button
3. Click on the Misc Tools button
4. Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button.

You will now be presented with a screen similar to the one below:

5. Click on the Save list... button and specify where you would like to save this file. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file. Simply copy and paste the contents of that notepad here on your next reply.

Step # 3 Post Logs

In your next post/reply, I'd like to see the following:

1. HijackThis Log
    2. Uninstall List

If you can't fit all the logs into one post/reply, then use multiple posts/replies to get all the logs in.
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby kaypo » October 5th, 2007, 5:54 pm

Hello and thank you for the response and instruction.

Since my last post I was able to run Kaspernsky and Combofix.

Please review the post below. I will also run the HJT program as instructed. I look forward to your response.

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Friday, October 05, 2007 4:47:29 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.93.1
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 5/10/2007
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 428002
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\
G:\
H:\
I:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 126705
Number of viruses found: 6
Number of infected objects: 17
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 01:29:47

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\eFax Messenger 4.3 Output\Compaq_Owner\~Running.ping Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\12fc5213d9182dc4358fe6f9197ab5d1_3d525338-52f4-4910-ae85-66f796383662 Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\user.dmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\settings.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\2007-10-05_Log.ALUSchedulerSvc.LiveUpdate Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\23D479B2.cab/UDC6_0001_D19M1908NetInstaller.exe Infected: not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.WinFixer.bb skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\23D479B2.cab CAB: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\23D479B2.cab CryptFF: infected - 1 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\64DD665F.htm/MagicApplet.class Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenConnection.ao skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\64DD665F.htm/Installer.class Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenConnection.ao skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\64DD665F.htm ZIP: infected - 2 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\64DD665F.htm CryptFF: infected - 2 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\69226DFE.htm/MagicApplet.class Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenConnection.ao skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\69226DFE.htm/Installer.class Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenConnection.ao skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\69226DFE.htm ZIP: infected - 2 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine\69226DFE.htm CryptFF: infected - 2 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBConfig.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBDebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBDetect.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBNotify.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBRefr.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetCfg.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetCfg2.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetDev.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetLoc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBSetUsr.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBStHash.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\BBValid.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\SPPolicy.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\SPStart.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SPBBC\SPStop.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtErEvt.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtETmp\10EAAC40.TMP Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtMoEvt.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtNvEvt.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtScEvt.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtTxFEvt.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SRTSP\SrtViEvt.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SubEng\submissions.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012007100520071006\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\hp\bin\KillWind.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.PsKill.p skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcrst.dll Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\EPERSIST.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\NFWEVT.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDALRT.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDCON.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDDBG.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDFW.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDIDS.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSYS.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\chandir.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\chandir.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\chn.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\chn.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\D0000000.FCS Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\inuse.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\L0000006.FCS Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\main.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\prs.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\prs.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\prs_die.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\prs_die.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\prs_dnd.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\prs_dnd.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\prs_ext.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\prs_ext.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\prs_rcv.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\prs_rcv.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\storydb.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Users\Default\Data\storydb.idx Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Compaq Organize\bin\users\Compaq_Owner\settings.ini Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\Catalog\EasyShare.me Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\Catalog\EasyShare.mm Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\AVApp.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\AVError.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\AVVirus.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\log\mpbtn.log Object is locked skipped
C:\qoobox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\msvb.dll.vir Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Agent.mi skipped
C:\qoobox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\sysdx.dll.vir Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Agent.mj skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{00EFF98B-5705-4D9A-BA78-7681A60AFB54}\RP79\A0016752.ocx Infected: Trojan.Win32.Agent.buq skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{00EFF98B-5705-4D9A-BA78-7681A60AFB54}\RP80\A0016878.dll Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Agent.mi skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{00EFF98B-5705-4D9A-BA78-7681A60AFB54}\RP80\A0016880.dll Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Agent.mj skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{00EFF98B-5705-4D9A-BA78-7681A60AFB54}\RP80\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped
D:\System Volume Information\_restore{00EFF98B-5705-4D9A-BA78-7681A60AFB54}\RP80\change.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

Here is the Combofix log:

omboFix 07-10-05.3 - Compaq_Owner 2007-10-05 14:38:40.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.109 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\GVHHPFFV\ComboFix[1].exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\Error Cleaner.url
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\Privacy Protector.url
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\Spyware&Malware Protection.url
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Favorites\Error Cleaner.url
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Favorites\Privacy Protector.url
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Favorites\Spyware&Malware Protection.url
C:\Program Files\VideoAccessCodec
C:\Program Files\VideoAccessCodec\install.ico
C:\Program Files\VideoAccessCodec\Uninstall.exe
C:\WINDOWS\2099.exe
C:\WINDOWS\dat.txt
C:\WINDOWS\main_uninstaller.exe
C:\WINDOWS\msvb.dll
C:\WINDOWS\netadv.dll
C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger
C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\images\capt.gif
C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\images\danger.jpg
C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\images\down.gif
C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\images\spacer.gif
C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\index.htm
C:\WINDOWS\rs.txt
C:\WINDOWS\search_res.txt
C:\WINDOWS\sysdx.dll
C:\WINDOWS\update.exe
D:\Autorun.inf

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-09-05 to 2007-10-05 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-10-05 14:35 51,200 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\NirCmd.exe
2007-10-04 13:33 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2007-10-04 10:53 <DIR> d-a------ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP
2007-10-04 10:52 626,688 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr80.dll
2007-10-04 08:55 22,112 -ra------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\COH_Mon.sys
2007-10-03 19:16 274,432 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\bndsrvnl.dll
2007-09-18 14:43 43,696 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtspx.sys
2007-09-18 14:43 317,616 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtspl.sys
2007-09-18 14:43 278,576 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtsp.sys

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2007-10-05 14:43 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec
2007-10-05 14:16 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2007-10-04 09:00 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security
2007-10-04 08:52 805 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.INF
2007-10-04 08:52 123952 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.SYS
2007-10-04 08:52 10740 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.CAT
2007-10-04 08:52 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Symantec
2007-10-03 22:18 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Skype
2007-10-01 17:05 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\LimeWire
2007-09-18 14:44 1430 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtspl.inf
2007-09-18 14:44 1421 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtspx.inf
2007-09-18 14:44 1415 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtsp.inf
2007-09-18 14:44 10662 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtspx.cat
2007-09-18 14:44 10662 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtspl.cat
2007-09-18 14:44 10658 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srtsp.cat
2007-09-07 17:44 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Active Disk
2007-08-13 16:42 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\iTunes
2007-08-13 16:40 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\QuickTime
2007-08-13 16:37 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
2007-08-13 16:37 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update
2007-08-13 16:37 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple
2007-08-10 10:45 --------- d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\AdobeUM
2006-02-19 12:28 12288 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\RandFont.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{3ADCBC16-19FA-4C59-9C22-E17C71B5FD7A}]
2007-10-03 10:59 274432 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\bndsrvnl.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"RTHDCPL"="RTHDCPL.EXE" [2006-03-08 06:54 C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE]
"Recguard"="C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE" [2005-07-23 00:14]
"PCDrProfiler"="" []
"HPBootOp"="C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" [2006-02-16 00:34]
"Reminder"="C:\Windows\Creator\Remind_XP.exe" [2004-12-14 04:23]
"HP Software Update"="C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe" [2005-02-17 08:11]
"BJCFD"="C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe" [2002-09-10 21:26]
"YBrowser"="C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe" [2006-07-21 17:19]
"ccApp"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [2007-01-09 22:59]
"osCheck"="C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe" [2006-09-05 20:22]
"Symantec PIF AlertEng"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" [2007-03-12 18:30]
"eFax 4.3"="C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.3\J2GDllCmd.exe" [2007-03-06 12:21]
"TkBellExe"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2006-05-20 01:30]
"ADUserMon"="C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe" [2002-09-24 16:39]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2007-06-29 06:24]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 06:00]
"MSMSGS"="C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [2004-10-13 18:24]
"swg"="C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [2007-06-01 08:22]
"Yahoo! Pager"="1" []
"SpybotSD TeaTimer"="C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe" [2007-08-31 16:46]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2005-09-23 22:05:26]
AT&T Self Support Tool.lnk - C:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\matcli.exe [2006-08-23 17:12:50]
Compaq Connections.lnk - C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Program\Compaq Connections.exe [2006-05-20 01:50:51]
eFax 4.2.lnk - C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.2\J2GTray.exe [2006-10-05 13:23:30]
eFax 4.3.lnk - C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.3\J2GTray.exe [2007-07-11 09:42:09]
hpoddt01.exe.lnk - C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe [2002-12-03 20:58:20]
Kodak EasyShare software.lnk - C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe [2006-06-02 05:29:26]
KODAK Software Updater.lnk - C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe [2004-02-13 15:12:08]
Microsoft Office.lnk - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2001-02-13 01:01:04]
officejet 6100.lnk - C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hposol08.exe [2002-12-03 20:23:30]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\internet explorer\desktop\components\0]
Source= file:///C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\index.htm
FriendlyName= Privacy Protection

*Newly Created Service* - COMHOST
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2007-10-04 02:38:07 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job"
"2007-10-04 23:16:25 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Norton Internet Security - Run Full System Scan - Compaq_Owner.job"

catchme 0.3.1169 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2007-10-05 14:47:04
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2007-10-05 14:50:19 - machine was rebooted
C:\ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt ... 2007-10-05 14:49
--- E O F ---

[/b]
kaypo

Unread postby kaypo » October 5th, 2007, 6:20 pm

Below is my HJT log. My next reply will have my uninstall list (I hope). Let me ask you something am I supposed to accept or deny the BHO messages that pop up when I run spybot. Please advise, I have been denying them.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:09:22 PM, on 10/5/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.3\J2GDllCmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Program\Compaq Connections.exe
C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.3\J2GTray.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hposol08.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\YBrowser.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://softwarereferral.com/jump.php?wm ... Ojg5&lid=2
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customi ... ch/ie.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customi ... .yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.0\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: MSVPS System - {3ADCBC16-19FA-4C59-9C22-E17C71B5FD7A} - C:\WINDOWS\bndsrvnl.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: hpWebHelper Class - {AAAE832A-5FFF-4661-9C8F-369692D1DCB9} - C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\plugin\WebHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.301.7164\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.0\UIBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: The netadv - {ABF529BE-6245-465A-BBD4-238C4EAB0F0A} - C:\WINDOWS\netadv.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] "C:\Windows\Creator\Remind_XP.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eFax 4.3] "C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.3\J2GDllCmd.exe" /R
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ADUserMon] C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: Pin.lnk = C:\hp\bin\CLOAKER.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AT&T Self Support Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\matcli.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Compaq Connections.lnk = C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Program\Compaq Connections.exe
O4 - Global Startup: eFax 4.2.lnk = C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.2\J2GTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: eFax 4.3.lnk = C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.3\J2GTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: officejet 6100.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra button: SBC Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: Internet Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Internet Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/ka ... nicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yinsthelper.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega App Services - Iomega Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega Active Disk (_IOMEGA_ACTIVE_DISK_SERVICE_) - Iomega Corporation - C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADService.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: Privacy Protection - file:///C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\index.htm

--
End of file - 12579 bytes
kaypo

Unread postby kaypo » October 5th, 2007, 6:26 pm

This is my uninstall list:

Active Disk
Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX
Adobe Reader 7.0.9
Alien Outbreak 2
Ancient Sudoku
AppCore
Apple Mobile Device Support
Apple Software Update
ATI Control Panel
ATI Display Driver
AV
Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
Big Kahuna Reef
Blackhawk Striker 2
Blasterball 2 Remix
Blasterball 2 Revolution
Bookworm Deluxe
Bounce Symphony
BroadJump Client Foundation
ccCommon
Chuzzle Deluxe
Compaq Connections (remove only)
Compaq Organize
Customer Experience Enhancement
Data Fax SoftModem with SmartCP
Diner Dash
Easy Internet Sign-up
eFax Messenger 4.3
Fairies
Family Feud
FATE
Flip Words
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
High Definition Audio Driver Package - KB888111
HijackThis 2.0.2
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB893357)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB906569)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB935448)
HP Boot Optimizer
HP DVD Play 2.1
HP Game Console
HP Imaging Device Functions 7.0
HP Memories Disc
hp officejet 6100 series
HP Photo and Imaging 2.0 - All-in-One
HP Photo and Imaging 2.0 - All-in-One Drivers
HP Photo and Imaging 2.0 - hp officejet 6100 series
HP Photosmart Premier Software 6.5
HP Rhapsody
HP Software Update
HP Support Overview
HP Web Helper
Insaniquarium Deluxe
iTunes
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 5
Jewel Quest
Kaspersky Online Scanner
Kodak EasyShare software
LimeWire 4.14.10
LiveUpdate 3.1 (Symantec Corporation)
LiveUpdate Notice (Symantec Corporation)
Mah Jong Quest
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
Microsoft Money 2006
Microsoft Office 2003 Edition 60 Days Trial Welcome Tour
Microsoft Office XP Professional
Microsoft Publisher 2002
Microsoft Works
MSRedist
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
Mystery Case Files
Netscape Browser (remove only)
Norton AntiVirus
Norton Confidential Browser Component
Norton Confidential Web Protection Component
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security
Norton Internet Security (Symantec Corporation)
Norton Protection Center
OTtBP
PC-Doctor 5 for Windows
Poker Superstars
Polar Bowler
Polar Golfer
Python 2.2 pywin32 extensions (build 203)
Python 2.2.3
Quicken 2006
QuickTime
RealPlayer
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Remove WeatherBug Installer
Ricochet Lost Worlds
SBC Self Support Tool
SBC Yahoo! Applications
SCRABBLE
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB923723)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB911564)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB911565)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB917734)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896424)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB900725)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB904706)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905915)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB912919)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917344)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917953)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB919007)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921503)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922819)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923689)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924496)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925902)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927779)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928843)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB929123)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB929969)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB930178)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931261)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931784)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB932168)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB933566)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935840)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB936021)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB937143)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938829)
Slingo Deluxe
Snowy The Bears Adventure
Sonic Express Labeler
Sonic MyDVD Plus
Sonic RecordNow Audio
Sonic RecordNow Copy
Sonic RecordNow Data
Sonic Update Manager
SPBBC 32bit
Spybot - Search & Destroy
Super Granny
Symantec KB-DocID:2003093015493306
Symantec Technical Support Web Controls
SymNet
Tennis Titans
Tornado Jockey
Tradewinds
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Windows XP (KB900485)
Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
Update for Windows XP (KB912945)
Update for Windows XP (KB916595)
Update for Windows XP (KB920872)
Update for Windows XP (KB922582)
Update for Windows XP (KB927891)
Update for Windows XP (KB930916)
Update for Windows XP (KB931836)
Update for Windows XP (KB933360)
Update for Windows XP (KB936357)
Update for Windows XP (KB938828)
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Media Format Runtime
Windows Media Player 10
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
Windows XP Hotfix - KB883667
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885884
Windows XP Hotfix - KB886185
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887472
Windows XP Hotfix - KB887742
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888239
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890175
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
Windows XP Hotfix - KB892050
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893066
kaypo

Unread postby km2357 » October 6th, 2007, 11:42 pm

IMPORTANT I notice there are signs of one or more P2P (Person to Person) File Sharing Programs on your computer.

LimeWire 4.14.10

I'd like you to read the Guidelines for P2P Programs where we explain why it's not a good idea to have them.

Also available here.

My recommendation is you go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the programs listed above (in red).

Step # 1: Add/Remove Programs

Go to Start-Settings-Control Panel, click on Add Remove Programs. If any of the following programs are listed there, click on the program to highlight it, and click on remove. Then close the Control Panel.

BroadJump Client Foundation
    Poker Superstars

BroadJump Client Foundation is a resource hog and poker programs like Poker Superstars are infected/can infect you with Malware.

Here are links to some poker sites regarded as safe for your reference.
1. http://www.pokerstars.net/ - This is a free to use/play site with play money.
2. http://www.pokerstars.com/ - This is a free to use/play site with play money and real money.

Reboot your computer.

Step # 2: Disable Teatimer

Spybot S&D's tea timer normally provides real-time protection from spyware, however it may interfere with what we need to do. We will disable it until the machine is clean when it can be re-enabled.

First:

• Right click Spybot in the System Tray (looks like a calendar with a padlock symbol)
  • Choose Exit Spybot S&D Resident

Second:

• Open Spybot S&D
  • Click Mode, check Advanced Mode
  • Go To Left Panel, Click Tools, then also in left panel, click Resident
  • If your firewall raises a question, say OK
  • Uncheck the box labeled Resident Tea-Timer and OK any prompts.
  • Use File, Exit to terminate Spybot
  • Reboot your machine for the changes to take effect.

Step # 3: Remove Hijackthis Entries

• Run HijackThis
  • Click on the Scan button
  • Put a check beside all of the items listed below (if present):

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://softwarereferral.com/jump.php?wm ... Ojg5&lid=2

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customi ... ch/ie.html

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customi ... .yahoo.com

O2 - BHO: MSVPS System - {3ADCBC16-19FA-4C59-9C22-E17C71B5FD7A} - C:\WINDOWS\bndsrvnl.dll

O3 - Toolbar: The netadv - {ABF529BE-6245-465A-BBD4-238C4EAB0F0A} - C:\WINDOWS\netadv.dll (file missing)

O24 - Desktop Component 0: Privacy Protection - file:///C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\index.htm

• Close all open windows and browsers/email, etc...
  • Click on the "Fix Checked" button
  • When completed, close the application.

Go to start -> control panel -> Display properties -> Desktop -> Customize Desktop... -> Web tab, then uncheck and delete everything you find in there (except for "My current home page"),

Also remove the checkmark from the the Lock Desktop Items box if it is checked.
Click Apply.
Click Apply and then Exit Display properties.

Step # 4: Deleting Files/Folders

I need you to use Windows Explorer to delete the files/folders I have marked in Red(if found):

File:

C:\WINDOWS\bndsrvnl.dll

Folder:

C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\

Step # 5 Post Logs

1. A fresh Hijackthis log

If you can't fit all the logs into one post/reply, then use multiple posts/replies to get all the logs in.
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby kaypo » October 8th, 2007, 1:56 pm

My HJT log is below. I still have Smitfraud and could not launch Smitfraud software.

Scan saved at 12:53:59 PM, on 10/8/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE= ... pf=desktop
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.0\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: hpWebHelper Class - {AAAE832A-5FFF-4661-9C8F-369692D1DCB9} - C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\plugin\WebHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.301.7164\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.0\UIBHO.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eFax 4.3] "C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.3\J2GDllCmd.exe" /R
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: Pin.lnk = C:\hp\bin\CLOAKER.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AT&T Self Support Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\matcli.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Compaq Connections.lnk = C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\5577497\Program\Compaq Connections.exe
O4 - Global Startup: eFax 4.2.lnk = C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.2\J2GTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: eFax 4.3.lnk = C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.3\J2GTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra button: SBC Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: Internet Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Internet Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/ka ... nicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yinsthelper.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega App Services - Iomega Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega Active Disk (_IOMEGA_ACTIVE_DISK_SERVICE_) - Iomega Corporation - C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADService.exe

--
End of file - 11823 bytes
kaypo

Unread postby km2357 » October 8th, 2007, 4:00 pm

Step #1 Download and run SmitFraudFix

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe.
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

**If the tool fails to launch from the Desktop, please move SmitfraudFix.exe directly to the root of the system drive (usually C:), and launch from there.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby kaypo » October 8th, 2007, 11:16 pm

Please review the Smitfraud log below.

Thank You

SmitFraudFix v2.239

Scan done at 22:15:17.20, Mon 10/08/2007
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in normal mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Process

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» hosts
kaypo

Unread postby km2357 » October 9th, 2007, 3:46 am

Hi.

Your SmitFraudFix log got cut off, can you post the rest of it. The last line of the log is "»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End"

Thanks.
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby kaypo » October 9th, 2007, 5:53 am

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\Web

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system32

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Start Menu

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\FAVORI~1

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Program Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Corrupted keys

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop Components

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\1]
"Source"="About:Home"
"SubscribedURL"="About:Home"
"FriendlyName"="My Current Home Page"

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Sharedtaskscheduler
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» AppInit_DLLs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Winlogon.System

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"System"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Rustock

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» DNS

Description: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport
DNS Server Search Order: 16.92.3.242
DNS Server Search Order: 16.92.3.243
DNS Server Search Order: 16.81.3.243
DNS Server Search Order: 16.118.3.243

Description: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport
DNS Server Search Order: 192.168.0.1
DNS Server Search Order: 192.168.0.1

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{80443072-5384-4D29-A197-604ECE8884D8}: DhcpNameServer=16.92.3.242 16.92.3.243 16.81.3.243 16.118.3.243
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{F1413589-94B6-463E-897D-EAD662FDB146}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1 192.168.0.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{80443072-5384-4D29-A197-604ECE8884D8}: DhcpNameServer=16.92.3.242 16.92.3.243 16.81.3.243 16.118.3.243
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{F1413589-94B6-463E-897D-EAD662FDB146}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1 192.168.0.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{80443072-5384-4D29-A197-604ECE8884D8}: DhcpNameServer=16.92.3.242 16.92.3.243 16.81.3.243 16.118.3.243
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{F1413589-94B6-463E-897D-EAD662FDB146}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1 192.168.0.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1 192.168.0.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1 192.168.0.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1 192.168.0.1

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Scanning for wininet.dll infection

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End
kaypo

Unread postby km2357 » October 9th, 2007, 5:33 pm

Print out these instructions or save them into a notepad on your desktop, because you will not have internet access while in Safe Mode.

Step # 1 Run AVG Anti-Spyware

• Click the Update icon at the top and under Manual Update click the Start update button.
  • The program will either update or inform you that no update was available.
  • It is essential that you get the update - keep trying until successful. (Note: If you have problems getting the update, you can download an installer for the full database from here (save it on your desktop). Once you have downloaded the installer, make sure that AVG Anti-Spyware is closed and then double-click on avgas-signatures-full-current.exe to install the database).
Please set up the program as follows:
  • Click the Shield icon at the top and under Resident shield is... click active. This should now
    change to inactive.
  • Click the Update icon and untick the automatic update option.
  • Click on Scanner on the toolbar.
  • Click on the Settings tab.
    • Under How to act? - make sure that Quarantine is selected.
    • Under How to scan? - All checkboxes should be ticked.
    • Under Possibly unwanted software - All checkboxes should be ticked.
    • Under Reports - Select Do not automatically generate reports.
    • Under What to scan? - Select Scan every file.
Close all open windows.
Do not run a scan yet.

Step # 2 Update Java

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.

Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

Updating Java:

• Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u3.
  • Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Remove the following old versions of Java:
  • J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 5
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • From your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.

Step # 3 Update Adobe Acrobat Reader

There is a newer version of Adobe Acrobat Reader available.

• First, go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall all previous versions.
  • Please go to this link Adobe Acrobat Reader Download Link
  • On the right Untick Adobe Phototshop Album Starter Edition if you do not wish to include this in the installation.
  • Click the Continue button
  • Click Run, and click Run again
  • Next click the Install Now button and follow the on screen prompts

Step # 4: Download and Run ATF Cleaner
Download ATF (Atribune Temp File) Cleaner© by Atribune to your desktop.

Double-click ATF Cleaner.exe to open it.

Under Main choose:
Windows Temp
Current User Temp
All Users Temp
Temporary Internet Files
Prefetch
Java Cache

*The other boxes are optional*
Then click the Empty Selected button.

Firefox:
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

Opera:
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Step # 5: Boot into Safe Mode

You can go in Safe Mode by restarting your computer, then continually tapping F8 until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode, then hit enter.

Step # 6 Run AVG Anti-Spyware

• Click on Scanner on the toolbar.
  • Click on Complete System Scan to start the scan process.
  • Let the program scan your computer.
  • When the scan has finished, follow the instructions below:
    • Make sure that Set all elements to: shows Quarantine
    • Important: Click on the Apply all Actions button (*** This must done before saving the report ***)
    • When the program has finished, it will display the message All actions have been applied.
    • Then click the Save Scan Report button.
    • Click the Save Report as button.
    • Save the report to your Desktop.
  • Right-click the AVG Tray Icon and select Exit.
  • Reboot your computer.
  • Now copy the report back to this topic.

Step # 7 Post Logs

1. AVG AntiSpyware Report
    2. A fresh HijackThis Log
    3. How is your computer running?/Any problems?

km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby kaypo » October 11th, 2007, 2:26 pm

I hope all is well with you today.

I was unable to click on the Firefox and Opera. Please review my HJT and AVG log below.

Scan saved at 1:21:19 PM, on 10/11/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe

--
End of file - 11934 bytes

Please find AVG log below:

---------------------------------------------------------
AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 12:02:07 PM 10/6/2007

+ Scan result:

C:\Program Files\music_now\inetchk.exe -> Hijacker.Small : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).

::Report end
kaypo

Unread postby km2357 » October 12th, 2007, 3:10 am

I hope all is well with you today.

I was unable to click on the Firefox and Opera.

I'm doing fine today. Thanks. :) Regarding not being able to click on Firefox and Opera, if you do not have either programs installed you won't be able to click on their tabs in ATF Cleaner. So nothing to worry about there.

Your log appears to be clean.

I would like you to empty the files in Norton AV's Quarantine. Click on the link below and choose your version of Norton AV and follow the directions:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/na ... 1213443506

I would like you to remove these tools and files that I have listed below from your computer

Tools to Remove:

ComboFix (Delete ComboFix.exe from your Desktop)
SmitFraudFix (Delete SmitFraudFix.exe and the SmitFraudFix folder from your Desktop)

Folders to remove

C:\ComboFix\
C:\QooBox\

Empty your Recycle Bin.

Please take the time to read my All Clean Post.

Please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:

• This is a good time to clear your existing system restore points and establish a new clean restore point:
    • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
    • Select Create a restore point, and Ok it.
    • Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
    • Select the More options tab
    • Choose the option to clean up system restore and OK it.
    • This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created.

The Disable/Re-enable System Restore sequence is not to be done regularly, but only as a Special Case after the removal of malware.
  • Make your Internet Explorer more secure This can be done by following these simple instructions:
    1. From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
    2. Click once on the Security tab
    3. Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
    4. Click once on the Custom Level button.
      • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
      • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
      • Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
      • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
      • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
      • Change the Navigate sub frames across different domains to Prompt
    5. When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
    6. If it asks you if you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
    7. Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
    Set correct settings for files that should be hidden in Windows XP
    • Click Start > My Computer > Tools menu (at top of page) > Folder Options > View tab.
    • Under "Hidden files and folders" if necessary select Do not show hidden files and folders.
    • If unchecked please checkHide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    • If necessary check "Display content of system folders"
    • If necessary Uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.
    • Click OK
  • Use IE-SPYAD Install IE SPYAD. Add another level of protection to your Internet Explorer browser by blocking certain sites that are known to contain malware. IE SPYAD puts several thousand sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all. If you happen on a site within its list, they can't hijack you or install anything. Program is free and is updated about once a month. Please follow readme instructions for install; it is a little different. Single user PC use IE Spyad1. Multi user XP PC use IE Spyad2.
  • Use a Firewall - I cannot stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer. Without a firewall your computer is susceptible to being hacked and taken over. Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly. For an article on Firewalls and a listing of some available ones see the link below:
    Computer Safety On line - Software Firewalls
  • Use An Antivirus Software and Keep It Updated - It is very important that your computer has an antivirus software running on your machine. This alone can save you a lot of trouble with malware in the future. It is imperative that you update your antivirus software at least once a day. If you do not update your antivirus software, then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.
  • Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently It is important that you visit Microsoft Windows Update regularly. This will ensure your computer has the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.
  • You should scan your computer with Ad-Aware as well as Spybot S&D and your anti-virus program on a regular basis. A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:
    Using Ad-Aware SE to remove Spyware & Hijackers from Your Computer
  • Install SpywareBlaster SpywareBlaster will add a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs. An article on anti-malware products with links for this program and others can be found here:
    Computer Safety on line Anti Malware
  • Use the hosts file: Every version of windows has a hosts file as part of them. In a very basic sense, they are used to locate web pages. We can customize a hosts file so that it blocks certain web pages. However, it can slow down certain computers. This is why using a hosts file is optional. Download mvps hosts file Make sure you read the instructions on how to install the hosts file. There is a good tutorial HERE If you decide to download the hosts file, the slowdown problems can usually be avoided by following these steps:
    1. Click the start button on the task bar at the bottom of your screen
    2. Click run
    3. In the dialog box, type services.msc
    4. hit enter, then locate dns client
    5. Highlight it, then doubleclick it.
    6. On the dropdown box, change the setting from automatic to manual.
    7. Click ok..
  • Use an alternative instant messenger program.Trillian and Miranda IM These are Malware free Instant Messenger programs which allow you to connect to multiple IM services in one program! (AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, MSN)
  • Please read Tony Klein's excellent article: How I got Infected in the First Place
  • Please read Understanding Spyware, Browser Hijackers, and Dialers
  • Please read Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet
  • If you are using Internet Explorer, please consider using an alternate browser. Mozilla's Firefox browser is fantastic; it is much more secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also has the best built in popup blocker (as an added benefit!) that I have ever seen.
    Another good browser is Opera. Opera 9 comes loaded with the tools to keep you productive and safe. Try it today, it's absolutely free. Some of the Opera features are: Customization, BitTorrent, Content blocker, Add your favorite search engines, Thumbnail preview of tabs, Widgets, Transfer manager, Tabbed browsing, Password manager, Sessions (You can save a collection of open tabs as a session, for later retrieval, or start with the pages you had open when Opera was last closed.), Keyboard Shortcuts, Cookie control, a multitude of languages, Validate code, Toggle graphics and style sheets, and Special features such as Full-screen mode, Kiosk mode.
  • Update all these programs regularly Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.
  • If your computer was infected by a website, a program, IM, MSN, or p2p, check this site because it is Time To Fight Back.
Follow these steps and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

Here's a good website to read about Malware prevention:

http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miek ... ntion.html

Good luck!
km2357
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Next