Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

SWS Antispyware 2007 - malware?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

SWS Antispyware 2007 - malware?

Unread postby raefe » October 6th, 2007, 6:47 pm

Is this Spyware malware? I found the link on the http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/ (!!) and it downloads a file patch.php.

You can see the website here:
http://www.google.ch/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=7&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spyware-secure.com%2Ffullpage%2F021%2F%3F%26nums%3DN01UFRH9Z-FBrYQigAAJ%26login%3D672125%26mediaid_prefix%3D005%26asked_billing_id%3D2%26time%3D312e323132&ei=kQoIR9aQAYTAmwPno9mqBQ&usg=AFQjCNGWjKu2smHc3nHcOKhQ5uRsbmtYRQ&sig2=4t_b5JMsExQUZEFeXrs0kQ

Ever since I get an occasional advertisement window when opening my browser and the internet connection is very week (I think it takes bandwidth away!?). No spyware removal software seems to get rid of this, I tried Windows Defender, Spyware Doctor and a-squared.

I am not sure if this is the cause or something else, but cant find any solution in google - thanks for your help.

I havent posted a HijackThis log yet because it is just about the principles.
raefe

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby beynac » October 7th, 2007, 4:22 pm

Welcome to Malware Removal. :)

I'll be happy to help you sort out your problem. In order to help me with this, please note the following points:
  • If you have any questions or problems - stop and ask
  • It's important that you do not take any independent action to clean the computer (e.g. scans and clean-up programs)
  • Please continue until I give the "all clear". The symptoms may disappear quite quickly, but this doesn't mean that the computer is clean
----------------------------------------------

Yes, this is malware. I do need to see a HijackThis log before I can see whether your computer is infected.

Please download HJTInstall.exe and save it to your desktop
  • Double click on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop
  • If you are using Windows Vista, right-click and select Run as administrator
  • Click I Accept
  • HijackThis will open
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button.
  • It will scan and then the log will open in notepad.
  • Paste the log as a reply to this thread.
  • Don't use the Analyse This button - its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Do NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet.

---------------------------------------------

Please post the HijackThis log as a reply to this post.
beynac
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby bluey1970 » October 15th, 2007, 8:37 am

I have exactly the same problem, could you please help me out 2?
bluey1970

Unread postby beynac » October 15th, 2007, 9:02 am

@ bluey1970:

Please follow the instructions, given above, to download HijackThis. Start your own thread - do NOT post in this one. Give details of your problem and include the HijackThis log in your thread.

-----------------------------------

@ raefe:

Do you still want our help with this?
beynac
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby Gary R » October 17th, 2007, 5:29 pm

Due to lack of response this topic is now closed.

If you are the originator of this topic, and you need it re-opened please send an email to 'admin at malwareremoval.com', including a link to this topic.

If you have been helped and wish to donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site, please read Donations For Malware Removal

Please do not contact us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.

Gary R
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove