Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Websites been hijacked

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Websites been hijacked

Unread postby jr22 » September 18th, 2007, 11:28 am

Hi, Please help. I had a very nasty virus on my laptop last week, one of 3 pc's on a home network, with wep :( . It went in for repair last Tuesday and has to be reformatted. I had Norton, which was nothing but useless. My port 25 was blocked by my isp, this has now been unblocked. I have not been able to access a pc since last Wednesday when my other 2 pc's went in to be checked for viruses. Upon receiving the main one back yesterday I could not access my several websites, it said internet explorer cannot open this website and froze, I now have Norton uninstalled and AVG anti virus, anti malware and anti spyware installed. I also called a friend to try and access my sites, they had the same message and were alerted to bloodhound96. I spoke with my host and looked at my website through cute ftp, what I always use and saw that several lines of code had been added at the bottom of each page, under the html. It was several lines long and some sort of script. I have painstakingly removed it from all my websites but this has cost me a lot of time and money, these websites are my livelihood. I cannot understand how this virus got in in the first place and also how it accessed my websites 2 days after I had had access to a pc. Cute ftp, which I use stored the details username and password. I have today changed control panel passwords, mysql databse passwords and all email passwords, yet I am worried this could happena gain and could be something hidden. Can anyone shed any light on this and also is there anything to prevent my important websites being hacked again?
jr22

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby askey127 » September 22nd, 2007, 7:29 am

jr22,
Sorry for the delay.
If you still need help, please read the preliminary instructions here and post a HiJackThis log as a Reply to this post.
http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12
Then someone will help you. The information you provided is not sufficient to begin an analysis.
askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby askey127 » October 2nd, 2007, 6:19 pm