Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Help me out here.

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Help me out here.

Unread postby hpi » July 20th, 2007, 2:23 pm

A friend of mine seems to think that reading stuff on forums is just wasting your time and you shouldn't believe what you read on forums because it's a bunch of lies and most of it is a wrong read.

I told him about this site and hes like, Dude your not gonna learn anything on that site, what you need is a big book, a nice 1000 page book to read when I clearly told him that forums are here for this particular reason of learning and helping out others with issues on what ever the forum focuses on.

He always makes it a point that I read to much on forums and that using more than 1 or 2 security programs on a computer is pointless and that detecting stealth keyloggers is as easy as shutting off and restarting your pc and it's gone.

Now im a member on multiple pc forums each for there own subject. Im a member on substance forums and on hobby r/c forums.

I learn tons of stuff but hes still convinced it's just to much useless reading and im there saying well then where on earth are you supposed to learn without reading and trying a bunch of things?

What's your take on this?
hpi

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Gary R » July 20th, 2007, 3:03 pm

This whole purpose of this site is to educate and to help people with Malware problems and Internet security.

There are a number of people here who have spent a great deal of time and effort training to give assistance to those who are unfortunate enough to get infected, and to help others to secure their computers so they don't have that unfortunate experience. We would not do that if there were not a real danger from Internet borne infections.

Of course you have to be selective about what recommendations to act upon, but advice from any of the trained helpers here is based on a great deal of experience.

Books are fine, but the advice they give is only as current as the date they were published, after that their information is outdated. Malware is a constantly evolving entity, so it's necessary to use the most up to date information you can get when combating it.

And that's where the true advantage of an online site like this lies, the information you get is as current and relevant as we can make it.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby ChrisRLG » July 21st, 2007, 6:47 pm

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dummies ... 17109.html

If you mean books like that one.

Then you have come to the right place.

The sites connected to this one (castlecops for instance) wrote that book.
One of the teaching staff of this forum was a researcher for the authors too.

http://www.MalwareRemoval.com is actually mentioned twice in that book as a source of expertise in removing malware for victims and for training experts in malware removal.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby hpi » July 22nd, 2007, 1:13 pm

Chris thanks for that link, I think I am going to purchase that book actually.

I have the c++ for dummies so far. It's always better to know more and that book seems like it help me out.
hpi

Unread postby Scotty » July 22nd, 2007, 2:36 pm

Hi hpi

I only got my first pc 18months ago, stumbled on this forum and signed up. Ive learned a lot, not just about fighting malware.

As for books, Im self-studying for my MCDST bought the MS books but they arent enough. I need Internet resources too, to really learn.
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Re: Help me out here.

Unread postby Wynand » July 22nd, 2007, 5:23 pm

Hi Hpi,

hpi wrote:A friend of mine seems to think that reading stuff on forums is just wasting your time and you shouldn't believe what you read on forums because it's a bunch of lies and most of it is a wrong read.
Hey, I wouldn't have got my vaction job if it weren't for forums!

hpi wrote:I told him about this site and hes like, Dude your not gonna learn anything on that site, what you need is a big book, a nice 1000 page book to read when I clearly told him that forums are here for this particular reason of learning and helping out others with issues on what ever the forum focuses on.
Not a book out there can teach me what experiance gave me in the last years I've been on forums.
Unless there's someone silly enough to print them all down. :mrgreen:
Seriously, you learn from other people and other people learn from you, good, isn't it?

hpi wrote:He always makes it a point that I read to much on forums and that using more than 1 or 2 security programs on a computer is pointless and that detecting stealth keyloggers is as easy as shutting off and restarting your pc and it's gone.
Install an easy (and 'safe' ;)) keylogger like Ardamax on that computer to prove him wrong?

Wynand
Wynand

Unread postby hpi » July 22nd, 2007, 11:05 pm

That keylogger , is the remote installation only on the one that you have to purchase?
hpi

Unread postby Wynand » July 23rd, 2007, 1:30 am

Hi hpi,

I have no idea to be honnest, I used it for the moments I spend a long time wrinting a text, and lost it for some or an other reason (happens like twice a month).
It places a little icon in your taskbar, together with the 15 others, and if you click right on it, you have the option to hide the icon.

Making login into hotmail or something, and tell him his hotmail password a day or so later. ;)
Wynand

Unread postby hpi » July 23rd, 2007, 2:08 am

Wynand wrote:Hi hpi,

I have no idea to be honnest, I used it for the moments I spend a long time wrinting a text, and lost it for some or an other reason (happens like twice a month).
It places a little icon in your taskbar, together with the 15 others, and if you click right on it, you have the option to hide the icon.

Making login into hotmail or something, and tell him his hotmail password a day or so later. ;)

I would but I wanna do it remotely just to show him.
hpi

Unread postby Wynand » July 23rd, 2007, 2:17 am

Hi,

Then there would be a requirement of him to open a file that is most likely detected by his antivirus program, and the only other way is not appropiate on this board at all.

Wynand
Wynand

Unread postby hpi » July 23rd, 2007, 2:06 pm

Wynand wrote:Hi,

Then there would be a requirement of him to open a file that is most likely detected by his antivirus program, and the only other way is not appropiate on this board at all.

Wynand

Yeah id do it that way and then show him a screen shot or something of his and be like look if you can find anything.

If he even has an antivirus on.
hpi

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions