Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

About joining Malware Removal University?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

About joining Malware Removal University?

Unread postby Bio-Hazard » May 10th, 2007, 9:12 am

Hello everobody!

I just joined to this forum. I have been looking at the Malware Removal University....and i am thinking of joining but i have one question to ask:How much computer experience do you have to have to join?
I am only avarege user so does it make a difference??!!

Thank you,

Kristian
Bio-Hazard
MRU Master Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Tinker » May 10th, 2007, 9:27 am

Hi ciderman77 :)

I think you'll find people of varying degrees of computer experience here, I am a relative 'newbie' when it comes to computers :lol:

It's a willingness, and a want to learn that are important,

Tinker :D
Tinker

Unread postby BHowett » May 10th, 2007, 9:34 am

I asked that same question to the guy that referred me to this site, and he said back when he was learning about malware he didn’t even know what safe mode was let alone how to start you PC in it… from what I gather its all what you want to put into it ( time, effort, studies. etc…)

I will keep an eye on this thread, because I am also looking to join the fight against malware and right now I am looking at here, and or Geeks to Go. So any information we could get about Malware Removal University from former / current students or teachers would be much appreciated.

Brian
BHowett

Unread postby Bio-Hazard » May 10th, 2007, 9:44 am

BHowett wrote:I asked that same question to the guy that referred me to this site, and he said back when he was learning about malware he didn’t even know what safe mode was let alone how to start you PC in it… from what I gather its all what you want to put into it ( time, effort, studies. etc…)

I will keep an eye on this thread, because I am also looking to join the fight against malware and right now I am looking at here, and or Geeks to Go. So any information we could get about Malware Removal University from former / current students or teachers would be much appreciated.

Brian

Thats very intresting. I would really like to join (if they choose to have me), but i am just wondering how much is expected from me?

Well i will wait and see if we get any more replys!

Kristian
Bio-Hazard
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby ChrisRLG » May 10th, 2007, 10:56 am

If you have filled in the ap[plication form - you will get a reply.

I know that there are a 'few' applications waiting to be done.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby Bio-Hazard » May 10th, 2007, 11:38 am

ChrisRLG wrote:If you have filled in the ap[plication form - you will get a reply.

I know that there are a 'few' applications waiting to be done.

Thank you for your reply. I havent filled application form just yet, maybe later today.

Kristian
Bio-Hazard
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby Katana » May 10th, 2007, 11:39 am

ciderman77 wrote:but i am just wondering how much is expected from me?

A freshman is expected to put in as much time and effort as they are prepared too, no more no less.
As far as knowledge of computers is concerned, if you are able to read you are half way there :D
One of the best lessons you will learn here is how to search the web (or the forum) to find the answers you need.
I hope you decide to join, we need all the fighters we can get.
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby IndigoRed » May 15th, 2007, 10:19 pm

Hi cinderman77. Don't worry about what you need to know. You got here, so you have somewhat of a handle. I've never had formal training. I've taught myself for the last 20 years. And I'm here learning this as well. You will never learn all there is to know about the IT business, but what you don't know, someone else does, so ask! That is [url]THE #1[/url] method of learning. And your biggest tool for asking is Google. It's ours too.
Don't be timid. We all have to craw first!
And welcome to MWU!
:D
IndigoRed

Unread postby IndigoRed » May 15th, 2007, 10:21 pm

:oops: ...hit the wrong button... see? always learning :lol:
IndigoRed

Unread postby BHowett » May 16th, 2007, 12:30 am

IndigoRed wrote::oops: ...hit the wrong button... see? always learning :lol:

I do that all the time :roll: ....thats why it takes me so long to post, I have to read it over three times before I post.
BHowett

Unread postby Nellie2 » May 16th, 2007, 3:01 pm

That is why there is a preview button, it really does come in handy. Then again you could use Fass ;)
Nellie2
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby ekn111 » July 19th, 2007, 3:14 am

So encouraging to hear. I'm also pondering joining the fight :D
ekn111

Unread postby blackmirror » July 20th, 2007, 4:56 am

Im a lover not a fighter but im prepared to give it a shot lol :lol: :lol:
blackmirror

Unread postby curlylad » July 20th, 2007, 7:02 am

A few of you are showing concerns regarding the level of knwoledge or computer literacy that you have or haven't got- simply answer Don't.
When I joined I knew how to get onto the internet and how to send/receive emails very very basic and limited knowledge, if you asked me 18 months to 2 years ago how to copy and paste something from a document I would not of had a clue what you were talking about - I was that inexperienced with computers and I.T.
A lot of the Freshmen who joined the same time as me and even after me have already become Graduates and overtaken me but that's fine, they went at their pace and I'm going at mine so lack of speed and prior knowledge will not be an issue for you at all. The speed at which you progress here is dictated by you - not the teachers/trainers but you.
As long as you keep on going and don't go AWOL for long periods of time you can progress at the level in which you are taking in and storing the knowledge that you are currently learning.There is absolutely no point in asking someone to train here or accepting them as a Freshman and then forcing, pushing, or bullying them into learning quicker, that would be a waste of the Freshmans time and the tutors.
There will be times when you just say "I'm not cut out for this" or "this is over my head", and believe me those times still come for me too, but all you have to do is ask and you will be overwhelmed with the amount of others here who will want to help because they know what it is like and will empathise with you.

So take your time, don't take on too much - we all know that your life away from the board is more important and we respect that, ask lots of questions no matter how trivial you think they are, be polite and receptive to advice, oh and did I say ask questions !

When you have spare time explore the rooms you have access to and read up on what all the tools do. If you don't know how a tool works then find other logs where it has been used and see how the helper asked the client to run it and what the results were, then ask any questions.
Read as much as you can when you have the time and above all enjoy it, they're a friendly bunch here that will allay your fears and make you feel at home - you'll look back in 12 months time and you'll be proud at just how much you have already achieved and learned.

Now go get 'em :)
curlylad
Retired Graduate

Unread postby blackmirror » July 20th, 2007, 7:10 am

I am on the easy :roll: pls at the minute

easy lol
my mind went blank but i plodded on
the more i tried to work it out the worse it got .. my brain ached lol

With expert advice and nudges in the right direction it all became clearer

Hats off to everyone who gives their time up to assist in the pl forum

:D
blackmirror