Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

New malware.j NEED HELP! Can't remove ...write protected

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby Scotty » July 17th, 2007, 10:28 am

Hi mleady

Yes, delete that.Image
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby mleady » July 17th, 2007, 10:33 am

Ok...done! No trouble....

What next?!
mleady

Unread postby Scotty » July 17th, 2007, 10:39 am

Did you get the folder too?
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Unread postby mleady » July 17th, 2007, 10:41 am

Yep...got that too.... :)
mleady

Unread postby Scotty » July 17th, 2007, 12:40 pm

Hi mleady

Now for the good news. The speech Im going to give you is my regular all-clean speech. SpywareBlaster is a recommended. Spybot may not be needed as you have Spysweeper.

Anyway, I wish you all the best.

This is my usual speech for when you are clean, which you appear to be.

Please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:
  1. Disable and Enable System Restore. - If you are using Windows ME or XP then you should disable
    and reenable system restore to make sure there are no infected files found in a restore point.

You can find instructions on how to enable and reenable system restore here:

Managing Windows Millenium System Restore

or

Windows XP System Restore Guide

Re-enable system restore with instructions from tutorial above

2. Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
    1. From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
    2. Click once on the Security tab
    3. Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
    4. Click once on the Custom Level button.
      1. Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
      2. Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
      3. Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
      4. Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
      5. Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
      6. Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
      7. When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
      8. If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
    5. Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

3. Use an AntiVirus Software - It is very important that your computer has an anti-virus software running on your machine.
    This alone can save you a lot of trouble with malware in the future.

See this link for a listing of some online & their stand-alone antivirus programs:

Virus, Spyware, and Malware Protection and Removal Resources

4. Update your AntiVirus Software - It is imperative that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week
    (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

5. Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer.
    Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over.
    I am very serious about this and see it happen almost every day with my clients.
    Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.

For a tutorial on Firewalls and a listing of some available ones see the link below:

Understanding and Using Firewalls

6. Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly.
    This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.
    If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site
    until there are no more critical updates.

7. Install Spybot - Search and Destroy - Install and download Spybot - Search and Destroy with its TeaTimer option.
    This will provide realtime spyware & hijacker protection on your computer alongside your virus protection.
    You should also scan your computer with this program on a regular basis just as you would an antivirus software.

A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:

Using Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove Spyware , Malware, and Hijackers

8. Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will add a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer
    settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.

A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:

Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware

9. IE-SPYAD puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.

Using IE-SPYAD to help block unwanted sites and activities

10. Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly.
    Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.

Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

Glad I was able to help.
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Unread postby mleady » July 17th, 2007, 2:11 pm

I have not done any of this yet....but I do have a question for you. I have Mcafee installed on here and that is how i found the virus. Since I have found this virus, my virus scan is disabled and I cannot enable it. I click on it to enable and it does nothing. The virus also could not be cleaned,quarantined or deleted. Is there something I can do to remoce the virus? I have updated Mcafee. Should I run a scan again now to see if it is still there?
I cannot thank you enough for all your help.....you have been wonderful! I turly do appreciate your time and effort in helping me fix this mess!!
mleady

Unread postby Scotty » July 17th, 2007, 2:23 pm

Hi mleady

I presume you have the full McAfee suite? If so open the Security Centre and click on Scan. Or is that where the problem is?
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Unread postby mleady » July 17th, 2007, 3:40 pm

This is what it says under the virus scan details.
Mcafee virus scan
Build 10.0.27
Engine version 5100
DAT version 5075

I can manually click on and scan the computer, but it used to be on automatically when I turned on the computer (the icon for mcafee was always highlighted red-now its' black). For some reason it will not allow me to enable it like it was. Should I run a scan now?
mleady

Unread postby Scotty » July 17th, 2007, 5:24 pm

Hi mleady

Could you right-click on the icon and tell me what the options are?

And could you open the Security Centre and check if all components are green?
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Unread postby mleady » July 17th, 2007, 9:21 pm

Here are the options....
Open Security Center
Virus Scan
Personal Firewall
Privacy Service
Spam Killer
Updates
Customer Support
Exit
When I open the security center the only ones that are green are the Anti hacker index,windows updates and personal firewall plus. Virus scan is yellow and when I click the protection disabled link, it takes me to the page to click to enable it, I click it and it does nothing.
mleady

Unread postby mleady » July 18th, 2007, 12:42 am

A few other questions-
When I start my computer a pop up comes on about my system configration- do I need to change those settings back? Also, the spybot things you had me disable, should I restore all of that as well?
And once we are finished here, do I delete the hijackthis and fixbat, stinger and kaspersky?
mleady

Unread postby Scotty » July 18th, 2007, 2:22 pm

Hi mleady

Could you do two things for me?

Go to Start, Control Panel, Security Centre and see what Virus Protection says?

Then provide a new HijackThis log for me.
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Unread postby mleady » July 18th, 2007, 4:07 pm

It says that it is ON. I did something while I was waiting to hear back from you....I went back to the Mcafee site and downloaded the security suite again.....ran it and now it says that it found and quarantined the virus......weird....but hey, it worked!

Here is a new hijackthis log.......

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:04:59 PM, on 7/18/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\S3tray2.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X6100 Series\lxbfbmgr.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X6100 Series\lxbfbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LxrSII1s.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MPS\mps.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPS\mpsevh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\EmProxy\emproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.backstagejbj.com/index2.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan\scriptcl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTPreset] VTPreset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [S3TRAY2] S3tray2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X6100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X6100 Series\lxbfbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] "C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe" /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe /startintray
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak software updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: ComcastHSI - {669B269B-0D4E-41FB-A3D8-FD67CA94F646} - http://www.comcast.net/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Support - {8828075D-D097-4055-AA02-2DBFA9D85E8A} - http://www.comcastsupport.com/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Help - {97809617-3937-4F84-B335-9BB05EF1A8D4} - http://online.comcast.net/help/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - c:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O16 - DPF: ConferenceRoom Java Client - http://208.187.22.155:8000/java/cr.cab
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/ka ... nicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... vSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/share ... insctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resour ... se8300.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/Shar ... /cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {B0FB831D-17F6-4CBD-9B5D-3305881D362E} (LHGLauncherXForm Control) - http://www.shockwave.com/content/reaxxi ... uncher.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/share ... cgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-l ... cfscan.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WRLogonNTF.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee E-mail Proxy (Emproxy) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\EmProxy\emproxy.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Lexar Secure II (LxrSII1s) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LxrSII1s.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee HackerWatch Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Update Manager (mcmispupdmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Protection Manager (mcpromgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Redirector Service (McRedirector) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Privacy Service (MPS9) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MPS\mps.exe
O23 - Service: Content Monitoring Tool (msCMTSrvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msCMTSrvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
mleady

Unread postby Scotty » July 18th, 2007, 5:23 pm

Hi mleady

Sounds like a bit of a repair was needed then. Well, I wont need to give you the all-clear again. good luck in the future. :)
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Unread postby mleady » July 18th, 2007, 5:57 pm

Thanks alot Mac70....without your help, I'd still be a mess! You were very helpful!!
mleady

Advertisement
Register to Remove

PreviousNext