Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Bifrose.La

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby papoose » July 10th, 2007, 11:03 pm

silver wrote:Hi papoose,

Could you please clarify something for me?
Since you performed the fix.reg instructions, how many times have you 'fixed' the Bifrose entries using Spybot - once or more than once?

Just once. I did a few full scans using spybot S&D during the whle process though; never fixing anything.

I just did another scan with spybot s&d and nothing came up.
papoose

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby silver » July 10th, 2007, 11:08 pm

The trojan should be gone now and the Spybot detection should just be leftovers from before.

Please confirm this by rebooting and then running Spybot if you haven't already done so.
silver

Unread postby papoose » July 10th, 2007, 11:11 pm

silver wrote:The trojan should be gone now and the Spybot detection should just be leftovers from before.

Please confirm this by rebooting and then running Spybot if you haven't already done so.

Ok, I will. I appreciate all the time you've spent on me and your patience!!!
papoose

Unread postby silver » July 10th, 2007, 11:23 pm

No problem, you're very welcome!

Please let me know when you have double-checked as we have some important steps to finish off.
silver

Unread postby papoose » July 10th, 2007, 11:24 pm

silver wrote:No problem, you're very welcome!

Please let me know when you have double-checked as we have some important steps to finish off.

Rebooted; just did a spybot scan and no errors were detected. What's the next step?
papoose

Unread postby silver » July 10th, 2007, 11:29 pm

Great, it looks like your machine is finally clean!

Create a new, clean System Restore point which you can use in case of future system problems:
Press Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore
Select Create a restore point, then Next, type a name like clean then press the Create button and once it's done press Close

Now remove old, infected System Restore points:
Next click Start->Run and type cleanmgr in the box and press OK
Ensure the boxes for Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files are checked, you can choose to check other boxes if you wish but they are not required.
Select the More Options tab, under System Restore press Clean up... and say Yes to the prompt
Press OK and Yes to confirm

You can now delete bif.txt, fsbl.exe, erunt.zip and fix.reg from your Desktop

Here are some tips to help you keep your computer clean:

Operating system vulnerabilities can easily be exploited by malware so please ensure your operating system is automatically kept up to date by using Windows Update:
Go to Start->Control Panel->Automatic Updates
Select Automatic and select a suitable schedule
Also, check that your antivirus and antispyware programs are set to automatically update daily.

Consider a custom hosts file such as MVPS HOSTS. This custom hosts file effectively blocks a wide range of unwanted ads, banners, 3rd party Cookies, 3rd party page counters, web bugs, and many hijackers.
For information on how to download and install, please read this tutorial by WinHelp2002
If you install this, be sure to follow the DNS Client service instructions before doing so.

Please take care when downloading programs. One of the easiest ways to be infected is to download freeware/shareware programs which come laden with malware. Before downloading, it is crucial to check whether the source is reputable.
One way to check is to use McAfee SiteAdvisor. Copy the domain name into the space provided and SiteAdvisor will give you a report on the website which can help you decide if it is safe. They also have a toolbar for IE and Firefox which adds this functionality to your browser.

Find out more about how to prevent infection in the future
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?p=33687

Please post back to let me know that you have read this, and if there are any further issues.
silver

Unread postby papoose » July 10th, 2007, 11:39 pm

Done , and thank you very much. I think our work is done here, eh? :lol: :D
papoose

Unread postby silver » July 10th, 2007, 11:44 pm

You're welcome and yes you're all sorted :)
silver

Unread postby papoose » July 10th, 2007, 11:59 pm

silver wrote:You're welcome and yes you're all sorted :)

appreciate all the help youre the man :lol:
papoose

Unread postby markkhunt » July 11th, 2007, 2:02 am

Glad we could be of assistance.