Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

How do I reliably remove malware without giving in to racket

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby Scotty » July 7th, 2007, 7:47 am

Hi Janice

Before you go, I should mention that the AVG-AntiSpyware is just a 30-day trial, after which it will no longer give you real-time protection against spyware. You may wish to uninstall it now, or you can make use of it until the trial is up and install Spybot S&D as mentioned above and keep AVG as an extra on-demand scanner. It is your choice.

To speed up your startup a little we can remove a few unnecessary items.

Click on Start then Run and type msconfig. In the window that opens, click on the Startup tab then uncheck these items.
RaidTool
NeroCheck
VTTimer
VTTrayp
SunJavaUpdateSched
WorksFUD
Microsoft Works Portfolio
Microsoft Works Update Detection
CTFMON.EXE
MsnMsgr

Click Apply then reboot. The System Configuration Window will appear at startup. Click OK.

Of course, what you want starting up is entirely personal choice. Your firewall, anti-virus and anti-spy are necessary.
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Hepzibah » July 7th, 2007, 8:39 am

Hi again, A few questions...hope I'm not being annoying. Why don't I need Java update sched and what are CTFMON.exe and that raid tool. Latter was installed when I had it repaired. And what is VT, I'm just curious is all I like to know. Are these just processes of some kind that I never use? Finally do you mean I should get spybot whatever else I do, and then I don't need another one? Will spybot 'update itself' and do I need to pay as I have to know in advance with my financial situation!!!
Thanks for your time and patience.
Jan
Hepzibah

Unread postby Scotty » July 7th, 2007, 9:57 am

Hi Janice

Firstly, I apologise. As Im still learning here, I have learned I was a little exuberant in my list.

Leave the raid_tool,CTFMon and if you watch television on your pc, leave the VT references.

The Java updater doesn't work anyway, so would merely waste resources. As I said before its purely personal choice and you are not comfortable with changing, it will do no harm to leave them all.

Now, regarding AVG and Spybot. At the moment, you are getting the full benefit of AVG Anti-spy, but in 30 days you will lose most features unless you subscribe. On the other hand, Spybot is free and like your anti-virus, it will cotinuosly monitor your computer against malware.

It is available from here. The install wizard will walk you through installation. And make sure their are ticks in the Resident and Teatimer boxes.

It's good to ask me questions, because you are helping me to learn by helping you. :D
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Hepzibah » July 7th, 2007, 11:29 am

Hello again
I don't think it will let me do anything anyway. Access denied it says!
It does seem like a bit of a delicate area .

Cheers Jan
Hepzibah

Unread postby Scotty » July 7th, 2007, 1:57 pm

Hiya Janice

Are you okay with everything else?
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Hepzibah » July 8th, 2007, 12:03 pm

Hello Mac'
Is anything ever OK, but yes. It is really. I'll stop watching this now. Thanks.
Jan
Hepzibah

Unread postby NonSuch » July 13th, 2007, 4:43 am