Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

page pop ups

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby silver » May 29th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Hi jeromeserena,

We've got rid of that entry so I think your machine is finally clean!

You can now delete the tools we have used including fsbl.exe, BFU.zip, naviclean.bat, cureit and the ERUNT installer from your Desktop, as well as the C:\BFU directory.

Create a new, clean System Restore point which you can use in case of future system problems:
Press Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore
Select Create a restore point, then Next, type a name like clean then press the Create button and once it's done press Close

Now remove old, infected System Restore points:
Next click Start->Run and type cleanmgr in the box and press OK
Ensure the boxes for Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files are checked, you can choose to check other boxes if you wish but they are not required.
Select the More Options tab, under System Restore press Clean up... and say Yes to the prompt
Press OK and Yes to confirm

Some tips to help you keep your machine clean:

Operating system vulnerabilities can easily be exploited by malware so please ensure your operating system is automatically kept up to date by using Windows Update:
Go to Start->Control Panel->Automatic Updates
Select Automatic and select a suitable schedule
Also, check that your antivirus and antispyware programs are set to automatically update daily.

You have good antispyware programs installed, however I recommend you install antispyware software with real-time capabilities - this means it protects you from system changes and spyware while you are working, not removing malware after it has been installed. There are a range of paid-for and free packages available, a free one I can recommend is Windows Defender, available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/securit ... fault.mspx

You should consider installing a Personal Firewall program. Even if you are behind a NAT router, I recommend you use firewall software as it will improve the security of your computer by monitoring and controlling outbound connections to the internet as well as inbound. There are various free packages available, I recommend Sunbelt Software's Kerio or Zone Alarm:
http://www.sunbelt-software.com/Kerio
http://www.zonelabs.com/

IESPYADS helps protect you from malicious websites by placing a list of known bad websites in Internet Explorer's Restricted Zone. This Zone limits the capabilities of these websites including preventing them from installing software. This will compliment your security software and I recommend you install it:
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/uiuc/resource.htm

Consider a custom hosts file such as MVPS HOSTS. This custom hosts file effectively blocks a wide range of unwanted ads, banners, 3rd party Cookies, 3rd party page counters, web bugs, and many hijackers.
For information on how to download and install, please read this tutorial by WinHelp2002
If you install this, be sure to follow the DNS Client service instructions before doing so.

Please take care when downloading programs. One of the easiest ways to be infected is to download freeware/shareware programs which come laden with malware. Before downloading, it is crucial to check whether the source is reputable.
One way to check is to use McAfee SiteAdvisor. Copy the domain name into the space provided and SiteAdvisor will give you a report on the website which can help you decide if it is safe. They also have a toolbar for IE and Firefox which adds this functionality to your browser.

Find out more about how to prevent infection in the future
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?p=33687

Please post back to let me know that you have read this, and if there are any further issues.
silver

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby jeromeserena » May 30th, 2007, 2:56 am

once again thanks for everything i cant tell you how much i appriciate it
jeromeserena

Unread postby silver » May 30th, 2007, 3:05 am

No problem you're welcome!
silver

Unread postby NonSuch » May 30th, 2007, 3:31 am

Glad we could be of assistance.