Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

AVG anti-virus scan results.

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

AVG anti-virus scan results.

Unread postby LeeB » April 16th, 2007, 6:17 am

Hi

I've noticed the following results when I run AVG Anti-virus (free edition)

File Result/Infection

user32.dll change
shell32.dll change
ntoskrnl.exe change

I'm not experiencing any problems, my computer is running fine but I'd be interested to know what the results mean. Should I take any further action?

Thanks
LeeB

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Navigator » April 16th, 2007, 3:32 pm

Hello LeeB...welcome to Malware Removal!

I am glad your system is doing well. I found this link at the AVG forum that describes what you are referring to:

http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read. ... #msg-97105

Seems that it's not unusual for AVG to note 'changes' to the MBR/boot record, and according to the moderators, you shouldn't be concerned unless AVG shows them to be 'infected' vice 'changed'.

The link also shows you how to fix the issue with AVG reporting these files as 'changed'.

If this doesn't answer your question, let me know...or, if you are having any problems with your computer let me know and we will go from there.
Navigator
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby LeeB » April 18th, 2007, 7:19 am

That did the trick, thanks very much.
LeeB

Unread postby Navigator » April 18th, 2007, 4:56 pm

LeeB wrote:That did the trick, thanks very much.

You are very welcome! Good Luck!
Navigator
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » May 2nd, 2007, 2:38 am