Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Heavy problem in my PC, please, help!!!

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Heavy problem in my PC, please, help!!!

Unread postby maxijanko » March 17th, 2007, 11:42 am

Hi, all

Since yesterday I have my PC damaged. I was navigating in internet when suddenly one virus entered my computer without being blocked by Zone Alarm firewall. An exclamation icon in red appeared at the bottom (right) of the screen advising of the presence of malware in computer. Afterwards, a message appeared in the center of the screen signaling the presence of a Trojan: Trojan Adware.W32.ExpDwnldr and by choosing yes, a software would be installed in computer in order to remove it, I remember something about a web called onlinestability.com . Of course, I chose no, but after a few minutes the red signal of exclamation appeared again, as well as the message of Trojan and this happened repeteadly. The fact is that appeared in the screen 3 theoric software to remove malware:one of them called WinDoctor if I'm not wrong.
As a result of all of this, I started to run my antispyware programs: Ad-aware, Spybot, AVG antispyware, a-squared. I run Hijackthis to see the processes running. Moreover, I was looking for software which could remove this malware, Error Safe and Drive Cleaner were also detected for the first time since the last scan, which I did a few days ago.

After a while, a blue screen appeared and the computer restarted itself. By choosing safe mode, normal mode, or the last good configuration of the system, the PC always restarts itself. In safe mode, the Windows screen of loading doesn't appear and the computer restarts before. In normal mode or the last good configuration, the windows loading screen is showed but after some seconds, the load is blocked and the system restarts.

The problem is that now I don't have access to the Windows session to remove the malware I have mentioned. I don't know if it is usual not having access in safe mode, in other ocassions I had access in safe mode and fortunately I was able to solve the problems, this time I'm quite worried.

I need extremely urgently your help, any advice you could give me, any explanation of what may have happened would be appreciated.

Thank you very much for your help. I carry on finding possible solutions.
maxijanko

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Kimberly » March 18th, 2007, 11:21 am

Hello maxijanko,

At this point there isn't much of a choice leftover as you have an endless loop. Either the malware did damage your system severly, either you borked the PC during the removal of the spyware.

The only option left is to repair XP, you'll need your XP CD for that. Instructions can be found here:

How do I repair Windows XP?
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/xpinstall ... epair#4463

If that does not solve the problem, you will have to reinstall XP from scratch

Installing Windows XP
http://safecomputing.umn.edu/guides/xpinstall.html

Kim
Kimberly
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » April 3rd, 2007, 3:24 am