Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Gmail alternative

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Gmail alternative

Unread postby noname21 » March 27th, 2007, 4:54 pm

So I read the whole gmail thing, it is crazy...

If I were to switch, what do you all use? I want something that has the feel of gmail, and a large capacity. I do not like Yahoo's new beta or hotmail.. so what Free service do you all recommend for me?

Thanks
noname21

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby P;3 » March 27th, 2007, 5:13 pm

if you are with G mail you will need to switch as you will have discovered from reading this forum's reasons for declining to accept g mail

I would ask do you have any alternatve mail addresses ,as many of us do, that you could use for on this forum ?
P;3

Unread postby noname21 » March 27th, 2007, 6:56 pm

Yes, I registered with another... I used my home email address that I do not give out normally. I use gmail for everything else and yahoo for a couple of things. What can I replace gmail with, any ideas? I like the layout and feel. Thanks
noname21

Unread postby P;3 » March 27th, 2007, 8:15 pm

if you have registered here with a 'useable' e mail address, what then is the problem? only admin (probably only ChrisRLG the site's owner)has access to your e mail address ; are you thinking that your address can be 'misused'via this board?
P;3

Unread postby noname21 » March 27th, 2007, 8:20 pm

No, I was looking just to change from gmail for all my other stuff also... no big deal i guess... I do not mind using the home one for this forum!

thanks
noname21

Unread postby P;3 » March 27th, 2007, 8:30 pm

of interest, I have now 5 e mail addresses and choose what to use with what I wish forum wise

if you have other addresses just ditch the g mail one ; I have an on line g mail adress but dont use it for thre reasons on this thread

each to his or her own; just choose which address you wish to use for what; then change them at each forum you are on ; that will of course mean you will need to re-sign in and confirm your registration with each forum etc

do you need guidance on obtaining other addresses?
P;3

Unread postby noname21 » March 28th, 2007, 9:59 pm

you have 5? Which has the most space? (and is free1)

Thanks
noname21

Unread postby P;3 » March 30th, 2007, 11:40 am

noname21 wrote:you have 5? Which has the most space? (and is free1)

Thanks

why do you want 'space' on a server; ? are you expecting a lot ? all MY emails are stored on my comp in my e mail client in appropriate sections ; ??of interest do you only use web mail?
P;3

Unread postby tyciol » May 7th, 2007, 12:56 pm

Hotmail's not bad, I've been using it for years. Actually, the only reason I got a Gmail was that it was free and had more storage and for Google Groups. Sometimes forums ban free e-mails like Hotmail but since Google was newer and you needed invites, they had not banned it yet, though now some do.

This forum's actually the first I've been to to ban Gmail and not Hotmail rather than vice versa which has happened a lot.
tyciol

Unread postby P;3 » May 7th, 2007, 3:05 pm

noname21 wrote:you have 5? Which has the most space? (and is free1)

Thanks

all of mine ( I suppose apart from the one that goes with my ISP)are free and all of mine are within my OE program

??do YOU read your mails on server by any chance OR anticipate a lot so you need space on server for the daily deluge?

I am curious to know WHY someone WANTS a lot of space...????
P;3

Unread postby tyciol » May 7th, 2007, 3:17 pm

Sometimes e-mails can have pictures or files include it that bump up the space, some people use stuff like g-mail for file storage or transfer, or if you just get a lot of volume of high-size e-mail it's good to not have to worry.
tyciol

Unread postby Rover82 » July 5th, 2007, 2:12 pm

Hi guys - whats the problem with Gmail here? - i have tried to click on the Gmail link here but its not telling me nothing
Rover82

Unread postby ChrisRLG » July 5th, 2007, 3:09 pm

Rule 6 from our forum rules.

http://www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com/
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby ekn111 » July 19th, 2007, 3:23 am

Wow, I'm a little disturbed now. I have gmail but never really used it. I think I'll keep it that way... yikes.
ekn111

Unread postby Angoid » July 26th, 2007, 4:49 am

I think noname21's original query was asking about another email provider that has the same (or similar) look and feel to Gmail, because Gmail is banned here due to their privacy policy.

I'm another OE user; personally, I don't like webmail. I prefer to have my personal messages on my own PC and deleted from the servers at the earliest opportunity. There are a few places where I use webmail though.

There are some you can't use without paying for them, and in those cases the addresses are little-used and web-based.

Most (if not all) accounts that you can use with client software such as OE also have web-based interfaces, and this can be very useful if you want to check for emails while away from your own machine - for instance, away on holiday and there's someone you want to stay in touch with while away by email.
Angoid
Developer
Developer

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions