Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

help please? log included

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby deneka » February 28th, 2007, 5:19 pm

Almost :lol:
I re-read the tutorial and the part about not having the driver cd, it gives options for various Dell, HP etc but mine isn't on the list.
Am i right in assuming that I need to search drivers for AMD Athlon XP?
and if so when found is that something else that I then need to d/l onto a disk at my friends house?

Once I know that then I can get that done & think it about covers everything & I should be able to begin.

If I remember rightly when I bought the pc, the Linux and everything was already installed onto the harddrive so that will prob explain why I don't have the driver cd?

Also with regards to your mentioning of the "hidden recovery partition" I don't get that.

It just comes up with a screen

volume - layout - type - file sys - status - capacity
(c:) - partition - basic - NTFS - healthy - 37.26GB

does that sound about right?
deneka

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby curlylad » March 1st, 2007, 5:47 pm

Just to let you know I have not fogotten about you, I am just finding out a litle further information and will be with you shortly, sit tight ! :)
curlylad
Retired Graduate

Unread postby curlylad » March 2nd, 2007, 1:08 pm

Good Evening deneka

OK let us look at the last few points you raised

I re-read the tutorial and the part about not having the driver cd, it gives options for various Dell, HP etc but mine isn't on the list.

Don't worry I have found another way that you can obtain the correct drivers, see below.

Also with regards to your mentioning of the "hidden recovery partition" I don't get that.

If it does not say Hidden Recovery Partition then that is what we want so do not worry.

Right then, we now need to backup all the drivers on your system and place them into a Folder.
When we have done that we can transfer the folder onto a CD or flashdrive/USB Pen Drive.
The folder is then placed onto the desktop of the newly formatted system and Windows will then find all the drivers from that folder.

To do all that please follow this instruction:-

Save Driver List and Backup Drivers
  • Click this link to download Double Driver - Double Driver Download Link
  • Click the Save button, in the Save in: box select Desktop, click the Save button bottom right
  • Find a clear area of your Desktop right click and highlight New then click Folder
  • Name the Folder DRIVERS
  • Double click the dd100 icon on your Desktop
  • Click Run, click Next
  • Check or tick I accept the agreement radio button
  • Click Next, click Next, click Next again
  • Check or tick Create a desktop icon, click Next
  • Click Install button and click the Finish button.

The program will now open, proceed as follows:-
  • Click the Scan button and wait for the scan to finish
  • Next click the Backup icon/button
  • Click the Browse button
  • In the window click the folder you created called DRIVERS, click OK
  • Click the radio button All drivers click OK

You have now backed up all your drivers to a folder.
I now need you to either transfer the DRIVERS Folder onto a CD, USB Pen Drive or Flash Drive.

For the following example we will assume that you are going to transfer the DRIVERS Folder onto a CD

When the format/reinstall is complete place the CD into the drive of the newly formatted PC and then transfer the DRIVERS Folder from the CD onto your Desktop
Windows will start looking for the drivers to run it so a message will ask for the location of the correct driver
Simply direct Windows to the Folder called DRIVERS and Windows will find the relevant driver and install it.

This message will appear several times until Windows has found all the drivers it requires.

I advise you to print a copy of this massge so you can reference it after the format/reinstall if necessary.

Do you have any more questions deneka ?
curlylad
Retired Graduate

Unread postby deneka » March 4th, 2007, 5:10 am

Hi,
Just to let you know that it will be a little while before I'll be able to get on & get this done.
I had my baby on Thurs by emergency section & unfortunately hes in intensive care.
So as/when I get some time i'll post back, just wanted to let you know so that the thread doesn't get locked.
Thanks
Sarah.
deneka

Unread postby curlylad » March 5th, 2007, 7:02 pm

I'm sorry to hear your news, my thoughts are with you and hope all works out OK.

As for the thread there is nothing to worry about, your other situation is your priority at the moment.
When everything has got back to normal and you have the time post back, no matter how long it takes, I will be waiting to carry on with the advice.

I'm sure everything will work out fine.
curlylad
Retired Graduate

Unread postby NonSuch » March 22nd, 2007, 2:36 pm

Due to inactivity, this topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email to 'admin at malwareremoval.com' with a link to your thread.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal

Please do not contact us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!