Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

ZLOB,SPYDAWN,W32MYZOR.FKOYF please help!!!!!!

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby stacey » March 3rd, 2007, 9:39 am

Hi thank you so much for your help, i've just got a few questions. The ATF Cleaner that we downloaded do i keep that or delete it, and if yes to keep when would i use it. I did every thing on your list apart from one, as i didn't understand it. The Host File it didn't make sense to me. :) and i couldn't understand how to down load it :D Your icons on my desktop should i leave them on or should i delete them. One More....Lime wire and Incredimail is it safe to use now with all my new Spyware?

Just like to say thank you again my computer is running beautifully,

Stacey xx
stacey

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Vino Rosso » March 3rd, 2007, 10:34 am

Stacey wrote:Hi thank you so much for your help, i've just got a few questions.

You're welcome

Stacey wrote:The ATF Cleaner that we downloaded do i keep that or delete it, and if yes to keep when would i use it.

Yes, keep it. How often should you use it? Well, it depends how often you use your computer. I would suggest running AFT every two weeks or so.

Stacey wrote:I did every thing on your list apart from one, as i didn't understand it. The Host File it didn't make sense to me. Smile and i couldn't understand how to down load it.

Yes, this is the one that people usually find a little tricky to understand. Let's see if I can explain.
When you type a web address in your browser to go to a web site, the words you use have to be converted into numbers, an IP address, that the internet will understand. For example, the internet recognises the bbc web site as 212.58.240.32 (type this number directly into your browser's address bar and see what happens).
To do this conversion of words to numbers, your browser will look at the Hosts file first then your ISP's DNS servers.
Generally, your Hosts file is empty so your browser will then look to your ISP for the conversion.

So, two things:
  1. Malware can add entries to your Hosts file to stop your browser reaching certain web sites, usually security sites, or can re-direct your browser to another (false) site. To stop this, you need to protect the Hosts file with a program such as Hostsman (free) or WinPatrol.
  2. By purposely adding certain entries to the Hosts file, you can stop your browser going to dodgy sites or downloading adverts. The Hosts file available on the MVPS web site has many such entries and can be downloaded to your computer. Read "What it does" on the web site.
If, after reading the web page, you are still uncertain it may be better not to use the MVP Hosts file.

Stacey wrote:Your icons on my desktop should i leave them on or should i delete them.

All icons can be kept.
AVG-Antispyware is an excellent program. The real-time element of AVG-AS is free for thirty days. After that, unless you purchase AVG-AS, you will need to update and run the program manually each time you want to check your computer.
HijackThis could be uninstalled/deleted however it doesn't take up much space and could be handy should you ever have any more computer problems - which hopefully you won't ;)

Stacey wrote:One More....Lime wire and Incredimail is it safe to use now with all my new Spyware?

LimeWire
The use of P2P programs such as LimeWire is not recommended. It's not so much the program itself but the use of it that causes infestations. When using a P2P program, you are connecting to unknown users, whose computers maybe infected, and downloading unknown files, which may carry malware. Of course, it's your choice whether you continue to use P2P.

Incredimail
Although Incredimail is considered to be a legitimate program that people install intentionally, please read this information regarding Incredimail very carefully and use you best judgment in deciding if you want to install this program on your computer or not.
The use of Incredimail opens your system to attacks and, in the End User License Agreement, they claim permanent ownership of everything sent through their mail service. See the full article >here<. Though this article was dated 10/10/02, Incredimail's EULA still includes these terms of use. I recommend that you do NOT install the program but it's your choice.

Stacey wrote:Just like to say thank you again my computer is running beautifully

Excellent! Glad I could help.

See you in Gloria Jean's sometime :D
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby stacey » March 3rd, 2007, 7:56 pm

Gloris Jeans on the Gold Coast is fantastic, especially an ice coffee on a hot day :D Well of to do some surfing (on the computer on the safe sites :) )

Many Thanks

Stacey
stacey

Unread postby NonSuch » March 4th, 2007, 4:44 am

Glad we could be of assistance.