Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

flash players?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

flash players?

Unread postby rats19 » February 24th, 2007, 6:57 pm

Ok, new thing: While running Secunia SI It tells me my flash adobe & macromedia are out of date.

I delete the old one (adobe) and DL the new version 9.0,28,0 I had 9,0,16,0

to my DT dbl click and it seems to intall, but I cant find it anywhere and secunia still says i have the old version. I cannot find the macromedia flah that it talks about , on my system anywhere.

what do I do?

rat
rats19

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » February 26th, 2007, 2:19 pm

Have you rebooted since you installed the new version?
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby rats19 » February 26th, 2007, 2:43 pm

Applications / Result Version Detected Status
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

Adobe Reader 8.x 8.0.0.456

Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.x 7.0.6000.16414

Microsoft Outlook Express 6 6.00.2900.2180

Microsoft Windows Live Messenger 8.x 8.1.178.0

Microsoft Windows Media Player 10.x 10.00.00.3646

Mozilla Firefox 2.0.x 2.0.0.2

Opera 9.x 9.10

Adobe Flash Player 9.x 9.0.16.0

This installation of Adobe Flash Player 9.x is insecure and potentially exposes your system to security threats!

The detected version installed on your system is 9.0.16.0, however, the latest secure version released by the vendor, fixing one or more vulnerabilities, is 9.0.28.0.

Update Instructions:
Update to version 9.0.28.0.
http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflash

NOTE: When updating Flash Player, older versions are not always automatically removed from your system. If older versions were detected that you believe should not be present, then please contact the vendor regarding how to remove them from your system.

Vulnerabilities Fixed:
Read about the vulnerabilities fixed with this update in Secunia advisory SA22467 (opens in a new window). The Secunia advisory describes the vulnerabilities fixed by the latest security update. If your installation is outdated with more than one version, then more vulnerabilities may be covered.

Installed on Your System in:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9.ocx
Macromedia Flash Player 7.x 7.0.19.0

This installation of Macromedia Flash Player 7.x is insecure and potentially exposes your system to security threats!

The detected version installed on your system is 7.0.19.0, however, the latest secure version released by the vendor, fixing one or more vulnerabilities, is 9.0.28.0.

Update Instructions:
Update to version 9.0.28.0.
http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflash

NOTE: When updating Flash Player, older versions are not always automatically removed from your system. If older versions were detected that you believe should not be present, then please contact the vendor regarding how to remove them from your system.

Vulnerabilities Fixed:
Read about the vulnerabilities fixed with this update in Secunia advisory SA22467 (opens in a new window). The Secunia advisory describes the vulnerabilities fixed by the latest security update. If your installation is outdated with more than one version, then more vulnerabilities may be covered.

Installed on Your System in:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx
Sun Java JRE 1.6.x / 6.x 6.0.0.105

Recommend It!

Tell a Friend

Include Buttons

Include Statistics

Referral Programme:

Introduction

Submit To:
Digg.com

Del.icio.us

Slashdot

Other

Reminder Service

Send Feedback

About Secunia
Software Inspector

Return to Start

TIP!
Generate unique content for your website. Signup for the Secunia Software Inspector Referral Programme and get unique statistics based on inspections of users you refer!

I have un-installed adobe flash..why is still picking up..yes have re-booted many times since.

rat & thnx kotaguy

Vulnerability Management - Terms & Conditions - Copyright 200
rats19

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » February 26th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Check to make sure that Macromedia isn't in the Untrusted Publishers list of IE.

To do this click Tools>Internet Options>Content>Publishers>Untrusted Publishers.

If a Macromedia Certificate is in that list the hilite it and click Remove.

Then try reinstalling Flash.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby rats19 » February 26th, 2007, 3:12 pm

macromedia is NOT in that list, there are 2 from verisign..something or other..only

rat
rats19

Unread postby rats19 » February 26th, 2007, 3:21 pm

about adobe says this: You have version 9,0,28,0 installed

secunia says otherwise..?

rat
rats19

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » February 26th, 2007, 3:27 pm

OK... could be a cookie thing then... try turfing your cookies and doing the Secunia scan again.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby rats19 » February 26th, 2007, 4:49 pm

it turns out that i had to go into C:windows/system32/macromed/flash/flash.7x..& 9.10 or something and delete the whole shibang after emptying recycle bin..then secunia cleared me...

thnx kotaguy

rat
rats19

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » February 26th, 2007, 4:55 pm

Heh... go figure.

Glad you got it sorted :)
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions