Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Purchasing new Internet Security Software

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Purchasing new Internet Security Software

Unread postby Cindylu » February 23rd, 2007, 9:30 am

I am going to be switching internet security software, preferable today (my Norton subscription is up and I would like to replace it) and I would just like some opinions on which works best if any of you would like to comment.

I would like an antivirus and firewall package so I am trying to decide between AVG Internet Security and Panda Internet Security 2007.

Does anyone know of any reason to choose one over the other? Price is the same. Anyone know anything about their support, ease of use, etc?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cindylu
Cindylu

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby random/random » February 23rd, 2007, 9:37 am

AVG Internet Security and Panda Internet Security 2007

Out of those two I would recommend AVG, panda often slows machines down like norton does however

I would recommend Kaspersky, bitdefender or F-secure as the best security suites

They should all have trial period so you can try them out

If you want to get AV/firewall/etc separately then there are more options
random/random
Developer
Developer

Unread postby Cindylu » February 23rd, 2007, 10:12 am

Perhaps separate would be best. I'm reading reviews (PC Mag) and it seems AVG has a good antivirus but maybe the Zonealarm firewall would be a better firewall.

I open to anything as long as it works!
Cindylu

Unread postby Noviciate » February 23rd, 2007, 3:50 pm

I understand that Steganos AV is in fact the Kaspersky engine and definitions with a different interface.
https://www.steganos.com/en/products/
http://usa.kaspersky.com/products/anti-virus.php

That makes it cost $10 less apparently! KAV gets the best ratings in the reviews i've seen recently, even outclassing NOD32. I don't know much about else about it, but the free trial could be worth a look.
Noviciate
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby warner » February 23rd, 2007, 6:42 pm

I have been using Kaspersky(KIS 6.0.2.) for awhile and am extremely satisfied with the program, customer support, and the Kaspersky forum, which is monitored regularly by the software developers as well as very knowledgeable members. Try it---I am sure you'll like it!
Best regards-
warner

Unread postby Cindylu » February 24th, 2007, 12:13 am

I really am leaning toward the Kaspersky Internet Security suite. My only concern is regarding installation. I understand that I will have to uninstall Norton and I know there is a removal tool at their website for uninstalling it from my PC. I have used it in the past. I just don't know how thorough it is.
I don't want any problems with the Kaspersky installation because of something Norton might leave on my PC.

Anyone with experience in this area? Is Kaspersky a pretty easy installation? I really would like to make the switch, just don't want to end up with hours of headaches trying to get it up and running.

Also, does Kaspersky have phone support? Or just email?

Cindylu
Cindylu

Unread postby random/random » February 24th, 2007, 7:38 am

http://www.kaspersky.com/support/support

Legal users of Kaspersky Lab’s software have access to 24-hour technical support, by phone, email and online services. Native language support is provided in Russian, English, German and Spanish.

This is a direct link to the norton removal tool:

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_u ... l_Tool.exe

Best way of doing this is to download the norton removal tool+the installer from kaspersky first

Then disconnect from the internet, uninstall all the components of norton from add/remove, run the removal tool, install kaspersky and then connect to the internet, and update kaspersky
random/random
Developer
Developer

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions