Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

suggested addition to advise on log posting

Please leave any suggestions and requests here - NO HIJACKTHIS LOGS

suggested addition to advise on log posting

Unread postby P;3 » February 17th, 2007, 8:35 am

may I suggest an addition to the guidance on posting logs to include a note advising the victims to wait until a helper has replied to their thread, so that their thread remains within the nil replies section for the helpers to find them :?:
P;3

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Gibbs » February 18th, 2007, 8:33 pm

Good suggestion. It has it's pros and cons though.

Pros
  • Posters are more likely to receive help from more knowledgeable individuals
  • Proven methods are more likely to be used

Cons
  • Possibility of longer response times
  • Can be negative towards the "family" attitude I've come across as well as remove the "community" feel as not all members will be able to contribute or participate in helping
  • More time and responsibility on the helpers could slow the pace of the forums down

I'm assuming that "helpers" are people with a special status to signify they are capable or qualified (by these forums standards) to help.

I think a better way would be to inform people that they should only take advice from non-helpers and it's their responsibility to what they do with it. Only help and support from helpers+ should be taken literally.

Just my view :P [/list][/list]
Gibbs

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » February 18th, 2007, 11:50 pm

I'm assuming that "helpers" are people with a special status to signify they are capable or qualified (by these forums standards) to help.

You are correct in that assumption. And as such... I have deleted the advice from your posts in the HJT log forum as you are not authorized to post to logs here in any way.

Please read the rules of that forum. You can find them here:

http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12

If you do wish to help... you can let us know by reading this post:

http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtop ... 34758e2454

And apply here:

http://www.malwareremoval.com/university_access/

Thanks!
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Gibbs » February 19th, 2007, 1:10 am

My apologies. I should have read the forum rules. Sorry
Gibbs

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » February 19th, 2007, 1:43 am

Thanks for understanding :)

As I said... if you wish to help... you just need to apply. We need all the helpers we can get to fight the war against malware.
'KotaGuy
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby P;3 » February 19th, 2007, 2:49 pm

P3
an addition to the guidance on posting logs to include a note advising the victims to wait until a helper has replied to their thread, so that their thread remains within the nil replies section for the helpers to find them

as to my original idea/suggestion ; is this feasable?as victims do seem to be anxious to reply TO their own threads before a trainee or above status helper from within the University (who are the ONLY MEMBERS on this forum allowed TO give help on logs) sees the thread and gives advise

I must admit the guidelines although they do state the above are not explicit about being patient in waiting for a reply

and Gibbs; as Kota guy points out and what you I suspect will find on virtually any forum where there is log analysis happening only APPROVED and thoroughly trained helpers are allowed TO post to them;and these are normally readily identifiable from their status ON the board

it is worth reading carefully any forum rules when you first join as each is slightly different and the helpers on THIS forum go through a very rigorous and strenuous training program before they are even allowed to post to logs under STRICT supervison from the Teachers here

back to my original suggestion ; IS it a possibility ?

P3 :idea:
P;3

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Suggestions and Requests