Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

i have a unidentified infection

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

i have a unidentified infection

Unread postby jasonmat » January 20th, 2007, 8:37 am

hi i have an unidentified infection none of all of the listed places have identified my infection

seems i have a trojen or sumthing that replaces good exe with itself and makes a bak folder and stores the original in it.
avg and manny other services refuse to find the virus/trogen/malware

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:26:06 AM, on 1/20/2007
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\wamp\wampserver.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
c:\wamp\apache2\bin\Apache.exe
c:\wamp\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt.exe
C:\wamp\apache2\bin\Apache.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - {E5A1691B-D188-4419-AD02-90002030B8EE} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashFXP\IEFlash.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WINDVDPatch] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jet Detection] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STYLEXP] C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe -Hide
O4 - Startup: WampServer.lnk = C:\wamp\wampserver.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resourc ... oscan8.cab
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: StyleXPService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
O23 - Service: wampapache - Unknown owner - c:\wamp\apache2\bin\Apache.exe" -k runservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: wampmysqld - Unknown owner - c:\wamp\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt.exe

if anmyone wants a copy of one of the infected files let me know
maybe you will have better luck identifying this... notes it attacked avg and sucessfully disabeled it had to copy back to the proper folder from the bak, also attacked my wamp, daemon tools, styles xp, a program from creative SB, and a few other things

again it replaces the exe with sum other exe no icon
places the good copy in a bak folder.

i belive i got it off a web site (was looking up lyrics), normaly use high settings with ie, but this time i forgot to set to high and i got a few popups, 30 min later one of my programs failed.. leaving me with this
jasonmat

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Shaba » January 20th, 2007, 9:09 am

Hi jasonmat

We can definitely help you, but first you need to help us. You are quite behind on your Windows Updates and Patches!!

The first step in this process is to apply Service Pack 1a for Windows XP. Without this update, you're wide open to re-infection, and we're both just wasting our time.
Click here to get WinXP SP1a: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

Apply the update, reboot, then go to Windows Update and install all the Critical Updates (Note: Except for WinXP SP2)
Click here for Windows Update: http://www.windowsupdate.com/

After installing all the Patches and updates, reboot, then post a fresh Hijack This log.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby jasonmat » January 20th, 2007, 5:17 pm

well no can do on the update i refuse to update i just want to know what this damn thing is its eather get this bugger identified or im just gona format and go againoh i removed a few more copies of it
it seems to love items that are statup
jasonmat

Unread postby jasonmat » January 20th, 2007, 5:18 pm

if you want a copy of one of those nasty exe it left behind i can give ya one from mt soundblaser folder
jasonmat

Unread postby jasonmat » January 20th, 2007, 10:04 pm

downloader.generic3.kku this is the closest match to anything like what i have... nay clue what it is?
jasonmat

Unread postby Shaba » January 21st, 2007, 5:42 am

Hi

Do you mean that you can't update or you just don't want to update?
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby jasonmat » January 24th, 2007, 8:28 pm

dont want to.. sp2 makes a total mess of the stuff i work on.. i was able to identify and clean the mal ware from my pc. i dont think it is verry important to have to update to remove malware.. again i forgot my settings went to a lyrics site and boom infected. infection = nothing to do with having to update.
jasonmat

Unread postby Shaba » January 25th, 2007, 3:14 am

Hi

I didn't ask you to update to service pack 2 but to service pack 1a.

If you are infected it's not wise to install sp2 until you're clean as it may cause a total mess (sp1a won't)

It's my personal policy (and also forum policy at least in most of forums) that at least sp1 should be installed before I help.

If you have any troubles installing sp1a, I would be happy to assist :)
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » February 1st, 2007, 11:14 pm

Due to inactivity, this topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email to 'admin at malwareremoval.com' with a link to your thread.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal

Please do not contact us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove