Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Hijacked IE and other problems

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby wng_z3r0 » January 17th, 2007, 10:53 pm

A virtual PC would be fine. I do have a guide for using vmware
http://spyware-free.us/tutorials/vmware

Your plan for removing pictures sounds acceptable. Best of luck. Let me know when the computer is reformatted.

As per checking for keyloggers, that kaparsky scan I mentioned earlier should do the job. Could you post a log from each computer here please.

wng
wng_z3r0
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby gps57 » January 28th, 2007, 2:37 pm

Sorry for my delay in replying. I have been down with a flu-like bug that took be a few days to shake.

Since I have so much data on the computer you have been helping me with, it is going to take a while to get it ready to format. Therefore, I am going to reformat and setup a duplicate computer that has been unused at work.

Once the reformatting is done, I will setup VMWare and a virtual machine for each of my kids. After that, I will start to remove the files they need from the infected computer and move those files to their virtual machine.

Once I have all data secured on virtual machines, I will reformat the infected computer.

I have looked over your reformatting guide and have prepared my plan. I will do the reformatting on the computer from work today (Sunday). I'll let you know how it goes.

You asked me to send in scans for each computer on my work network. The one I am formatting today is one of those machines. Since I am remormatting it today, I will not send the scans for it. The other computer at work is used on a daily basis for sales processing. Since the scans can take a long time, I will have to arrange a time to do it when the store is closed.

Do you want me to post the scan here, or start a new topic?
gps57

Unread postby wng_z3r0 » January 28th, 2007, 2:41 pm

Thanks for the update,
you can post everything here, in this topic.

Best of luck,
wng
wng_z3r0
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby gps57 » January 29th, 2007, 2:32 pm

The reformatting went fine thanks to your guidelines. I reformatted and installed Windows XP Pro. I downloaded and installed all the critical updates from MS. I have Avast anti virus installed and updated. I have Spybot and Adaware installed and updated. I have Zone Alarm installed.

My next step is to take a HD image. I think I'll use Acronis True Image for that. After that, I will intall VMWare. Then begin to transfer the data from my children's computer so that I can do this all again on that one.

For my work computer, I am trying to arrange for someone to stay after work to get the scans sometime this week. I'll post here when I have them.
gps57

Unread postby 'KotaGuy » March 5th, 2007, 1:49 am