Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

How good is a Mac?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

How good is a Mac?

Unread postby Susan528 » September 18th, 2006, 7:21 am

I know nothing about Mac computers. However, lately there has been numerous commercials about Mac's vs. PC's. One claims that you do not need to worry about spyware because of OS 10. Another claims that you can do everything with a Mac when just taking it out of the box.

My hubby asked me if it was true that you did not have to worry about spyware. I replied that I really don't know but since PC's were more popular, they are the larger target for malware writers.

Can anyone can inform me about the Mac?
Susan528
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Nick-YF19 » September 19th, 2006, 5:32 am

Macs are a completely different thing than PC's. That's one way they don't have to worry about spyware. Not only will spyware programs not work on a Mac, but many, if not most, programs we use to combat it will work on a Mac. OS X is not Windows, so many things simply will not run on a Mac. There's Mac versions on many things like MS Office, so you do have options. Macs come with many programs to do stuff built in. Unlike PC's, they don't nag and ask you to buy them. They come with the computer. The downside is that Macs cost more.

As far as spyware, they are kind of like Firefox used to be. They aren't a big target, so the malware makers don't target them. In addition, Macs already have many of the things that Vista will have to prevent malware. If something wants to do significant changes, the you'll be prompted for a password. Most programs won't have full admin access to do anything it wants to like in Windows XP.

It depends on what you do. If you are the type to download every joke and picture on the web, then a Mac will annoy you. Most of the garbage on the net won't work on a Mac. That's a good thing, unless you have to have the latest smileys and all the related pop ups that come with them :)
Nick-YF19
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby W33NIe » December 26th, 2006, 2:40 am

Well my friend just got an iMac, and I have only used it at my school a few times. It seems like a fancier looking windows :p. I'll learn more about them when I visit him
W33NIe

Return to General Discussions