Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Hijacked by virus

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby Vino Rosso » November 22nd, 2006, 4:01 pm

Hi

Thanks for the HijackThis log... I had actually asked for an uninstall list. I've re-posted my instructions below.

anitashore wrote:Still getting the pop-up
Can you please provide more information about the pop-up such as what the pop-up says, when it happens, how often it happens, etc.

1 - Uninstall List
Run HijackThis then click on Open the Misc Tools section
Click on Open Uninstall Manager...
Click on Save list...
Leave the default filename as uninstall_list.txt and save the file, noting where it has been saved
Close HijackThis.
On your Desktop, double-click on uninstall_list.txt and Notepad will open
Click Edit > Select All then Edit > Copy and paste (Ctrl+V) the uninstall list in your next reply here.

2 - Check on status
After you have completed the above, please provide:
  • the uninstall list
  • and information about the pop-up
Thanks
Vino
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby anitashore » December 1st, 2006, 6:14 am

Contacted HP who are sending a recovery disk.
anitashore

Unread postby Vino Rosso » December 1st, 2006, 7:13 am

Hi

Thanks for letting me know.

You may already be aware but using recovery disks can wipe all files and settings from the relevant partition. Please read the information on HP's web site >Performing an HP System Recovery in Windows XP<

I highly recommend that you backup My Documents folder and any other important files/folders.

Please let me know if you have any further malware related issues otherwise, for general computing problems, I can recommend visiting >PCPitStop< or >Computer Trouble<

Good Luck.
Vino Rosso
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » December 8th, 2006, 3:02 am