Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

9/11

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Unread postby Angoid » November 29th, 2006, 7:49 pm

Hi KillSpyware,

Clearly I for one would hate to see you leave :cry: and I'm sure the feeling will be pretty mutual around here as well.....

All you did was to state on opinion which may have been a bit over the top and Nick overrreacted .... I'm not defending or attacking either of you, just trying to steer some middle ground here.

I'd certainly hope you do decide to rejoin very soon :D but sometimes a "cooling off" period can be quite useful.

When one's posts are removed, it's all too easy to take it personally, but it's not ..... I've been on both ends of this and it's not nice either having your post edited/removed or having to do it to others (I'm a technical admin on another forum and we were discussing rules there a few months ago ..... discussions on editing other people's posts got VERY heated).

Ahhhh! I wish it was possible to edit your own posts in this room!
Angoid
Developer
Developer

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Gary R » November 30th, 2006, 5:09 am

I think you summed things up pretty succinctly Angoid.

I too moderate on other forums and it's not an easy thing to always pick the right phrase when removing a post.

My method of choice (where possible) is to PM the poster and ask them to remove their post, stating my reasons for wanting its withdrawal.

I appreciate that Nick is very busy, and such niceties may not have been practical, but now we have lost a potential helper.

To be fair though I do think that KillSpyware has totally over reacted to the situation, and I'm sure that Nick had no idea he would get such a response.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby ChrisRLG » November 30th, 2006, 5:54 am

General Discussions
This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames. A Moderators word is final.

A moderator spoke - right or wrong (please do not read ANYTHING into that) - a Moderator spoke and a decision was made.

I will be locking this topic now.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Previous

Return to General Discussions