Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Interview with Merijn Bellekom, Creator Of HijackThis

Notifications for Security Updates, as well as News and Information from across the web - mostly security minded.

Update Contributors: Members of the Malware Removal University.

Regular Members: Our Regular Members are invited to start and/or participate in all other topics. Join in and share the news that's important to you.

Interview with Merijn Bellekom, Creator Of HijackThis

Unread postby TeMerc » November 5th, 2006, 6:01 pm

Found this on last weeks Clif Notes Newsletter. Don't know how I missed it.
Michael Simpson wrote:I was interested in what the thought process is when someone decides to tackle something as big as spyware, so I spoke with Merijn Bellekom, creator of HijackThis.
I've been cleaning computer systems for many years. In that time, I have found several tools that I use on a consistant basis. The three I use most often are Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, and HiJackThis.

I recently had the opportunity to interview Merijn Bellekom, the creator of HijackThis and the man who single-handedly took on CoolWebSearch and all the other little nasties we love to hate. He was very forthcoming about his reasons for coding this project, why he made it free, and even shares a little bit about what is in store for the future.

pcsuite101.com

Add Your Digg
TeMerc
Visiting Staff

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Nellie2 » November 6th, 2006, 6:52 pm

Oh wow... thanks for pointing that out to us
Nellie2
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby wng_z3r0 » November 6th, 2006, 8:46 pm

Thanks temerc :)
wng_z3r0
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby teacup61 » November 6th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Interesting. :D In my research the oldest log I ever came across was from December, 2003.
teacup61
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby turtledove » November 7th, 2006, 4:10 am

Thanks for the post TeMerc :)
turtledove
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to News Desk