Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Looking for information on routers that support PPTP

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Looking for information on routers that support PPTP

Unread postby JimW » June 7th, 2005, 4:43 pm

I'm working with a Dell customer from the Netherlands who is attempting to install one of Dell's wireless routers to an alcatel speed touch home ADSL modem. Here's the thread. After much confusion on my part, it turns out that his ISP, KPN in the Netherlands, uses PPTP to construct some kind of VPN tunnel.

I'm now convinced that the Dell 2350 just can't do this because it doesn't support PPTP in any fashion, making it a less than useful device for the European market. I found one, the BuffaloTech WZR-RS-G54, but there's some confusing language in their manual.

Does anyone have any links to European boards where this sort of problem is discussed? English would be best for me, but Dutch would be just fine for the person with the problem! :D

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Jim
JimW
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby admin1 » June 7th, 2005, 4:54 pm

Not much help I am afraid.

But try http://www.computertrouble.co.uk

Its based on this server and is linked to one of the UK PC magazines.

One of its experts may know.
admin1
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby JimW » June 7th, 2005, 5:06 pm

Chris,

Thanks! I'm looking about in their networking boards now.

This is likely a common problem in Europe, from what I've learned so far. That means somewhere, someone has put together a list of routers that will do the job. Now all I need to do is find said list!

Naturally, the ISP is of no help whatever, since they don't support anything other than single machine connections.

Jim
JimW
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Return to General Discussions