Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Security vulnerability in some intel centrino chipsets

Notifications for Security Updates, as well as News and Information from across the web - mostly security minded.

Update Contributors: Members of the Malware Removal University.

Regular Members: Our Regular Members are invited to start and/or participate in all other topics. Join in and share the news that's important to you.

Security vulnerability in some intel centrino chipsets

Unread postby new tech guy » September 8th, 2006, 8:46 pm

Hey guys thought you may want to know about this security vulernability found in some intel wireless internet cards usually packged in systems with the intel centrino chipset. Here is a article from intel on the matter:
http://support.intel.com/support/wirele ... 023065.htm
This vulnerability allows a intruder to get FULL ACCESS to the windows kernel through the intel PRO wireless chipset's driver. Fourtunately this problem has been patched and if this article has your wireless card listed in it i would STRONGLY RECCOMEND you get the latest driver updates for your wireless card to patch this hole. If you are unsure about what chipset you have follow this procedure to find out:
Go to start>right click my computer>click manage
This brings up the computer management console
Now in the left pane, click device manager. Now that you are in there go to the wireless controlers category and expand it (we are in the right panel right now) and it will tell you the networking hardware installed in your system.
new tech guy

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Elrond » September 15th, 2006, 11:40 am

Bump to remove zero answers.
Elrond
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby new tech guy » September 15th, 2006, 6:29 pm

Hey Just thought i would put that up to point out the security vulnerability.
new tech guy

Unread postby Elrond » September 16th, 2006, 9:53 pm

We bump Information posts with zero answers in order to make it easy to find those posts that need attention by a teacger or admin. Nothing against what you posted. :D
Elrond
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby new tech guy » September 16th, 2006, 11:07 pm

Ok thats good. :)
new tech guy

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to News Desk