Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

srchasst malware or not?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

srchasst malware or not?

Unread postby kryptkat » August 29th, 2006, 1:54 pm

I deleted off the srchasst folder in windows while in safe mode. upon restart the folder reapeared with nothing in it. Also hijack this log shows aeygl.dll in windows system32 BUT when I looked there they is no aeygl.dll and I did look there in safe mode. Why does hijack this say that it is there when it is not? or is it? aeygl.dll i think is connected to srchasst. search.msn.com

So is it malware or not? and how to get rid of it?

thankyou
kryptkat

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby AndyAtHull » August 29th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Hi Kryptkat,

Your best bet is to ask in the malware removal forum.

http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

You can explain in full what you want to know and post a HJT log. The plus side of that is you will get help faster.

Andy
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby kryptkat » August 29th, 2006, 2:43 pm

ok thank you for the advice. i will pass on posting a highjack this log. i have looked a archived threads and some highjack this logs contain lines of srchasst and were not told to remove it. however it does have some shady behaviors like reseting the homepage to search.msn.com and other things like fixing deleted files and folders. That is why i was wondering.
kryptkat

Unread postby ChrisRLG » August 29th, 2006, 3:01 pm

kryptkat

Your previous topic ended when you were unwilling to provide basic info on which we could start to help you.

This forum is dedicated to two things.

To train people to assist others within the forums, to help get people clean.

To assist those victims who come direct to this forum for assistance.

BUT

That does require some co-operation from the victim.

If you are unwilling to take our advise I suggest you try elsewhere.

Our teachers and students have hundreds of victims accross tens of forums to assist and they do not need to waste time where the victim is unwilling to take the advice offered.

So please do one of three things.

Take up the cause and LEARN yourself - is a link at the top of this forum to our university and how to register to join. It will take you some MONTHS to learn before you would be allowed to post to victims.

Post your (Unedited) HJT log in the malware removal room. One of our student or experts will then help.

Go elsewhere.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions