Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

This Unknown Program Has Been Plauging Me :-(

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby HappyDays2006 » August 21st, 2006, 11:13 pm

Well I'm glad my java is working again.

I did what you said about deleting the support.com file, I also deleted support.com from the add/remove programs in the control panel.

As for the mcafee I am not a personally fan of it and have become even less of a fan when I was shown the article about mcafee selling out. I believe that AOL SSC is a good program, I just think its a shame that its powered by mcafee.

I used EzArmor suite before and it was a quite annoying program, every time I tried to save internet program access settings it would have persistent amensia and forget the modifications.

I will keep ZoneAlarm in mind. For some reason I still keep seeing that weird program. Since it seems the hijack this logs were clean maybe it is nothing to worry about. I might recovery my computer in the future and hope it will disappear from that.

Do you have any advice on how to do a complete thorough computer recovery.
HappyDays2006

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Trogan » August 22nd, 2006, 4:00 am

Hi HappyDays2006,

Is this an OEM computer or a computer you have built? If OEM, what manufacturer?

By saying "complete thorough computer recovery", would you like to Format, wiping the whole computer clean?

Please let me know so I may help you further. :)
Trogan
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby HappyDays2006 » August 22nd, 2006, 3:39 pm

This is not a computer I have built. I am unsure what you mean by OEM, but this computer was built by SONY.

This is also a Windows XP operating system.

Hmm I am not familiar by what you are saying about formatting. What I would like to do is completely wipe out my computer. Why am I restorting to this? Because this would get rid of things that most conventional ways cannot detect.

However the problem with this idea is some files are still preserved during recovery. What i want to do is set the computer back to factory installation with everything else wiped out.
HappyDays2006

Unread postby HappyDays2006 » August 22nd, 2006, 3:50 pm

Also I have one more question.

I'm curious about the program "Ad-Aware plus edition." I have bought a hardcover copy not the copy that is downloaded through lavasoft.com

How do I obtain a Order Reference Number. I have looked within my software box but cannot find it. Is there something I have to do to obtain it?
HappyDays2006

Unread postby HappyDays2006 » August 22nd, 2006, 3:50 pm

The reason I want a Order Reference Number is so I can be eligible to get the next 1.06 build that is avalible. It is possible that the next edition may have better detection and that is why I am interested in it.
HappyDays2006

Unread postby Trogan » August 22nd, 2006, 11:42 pm

Hi HappyDays2006,

You want to do a Format, or go back to Factory settings which is same thing. Formatting will completely wipe the computer clean so you can start from scratch.

Just to clarify, OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer. Companies such as Dell, HP/Compaq, Sony etc all build OEM computers. More info here, if interested.

Is this a Desktop or Laptop computer? What is the Model #? Here is Sony's online support, maybe you could find how to do a factory format there. If you can provide the details to the questions, I will help you search.

Regarding Ad-Aware, as far as I know the latest build is 1.06. Have a look here and scroll down to How do I upgrade to Build 1.06?, or go here and fill out the details. Does that help at all?

Please let me know the details of the questions above, and any additional information. :)
Trogan
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby HappyDays2006 » August 25th, 2006, 10:26 am

Hi Trogan:

I believe that so far what has been suggested to be me has been very good. I will recover my computer in the near future as I am busy at the moment. However, I greatly appreciate your help and thank you for your time.

If it needs be you can consider this a "case-closed."

And thanks again :)
HappyDays2006

Unread postby NonSuch » August 25th, 2006, 4:54 pm

Glad we could be of assistance.