Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Software complement for ESET Smart Security Premium?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Software complement for ESET Smart Security Premium?

Unread postby joaie » August 7th, 2021, 5:34 pm

Hi there,

What is a good complement for ESET Smart Security Premium? I look for a software that obviously doesn't require me to uninstall ESET as many good ones as Trend Micro or BitDefender require.
Some additional shields you think can be useful.

Thank you lots!!
joaie

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Software complement for ESET Smart Security Premium?

Unread postby Gary R » August 8th, 2021, 1:13 am

Why do you think you need additional protection ?

Adding extra scanners will not noticeably affect whether you contract an infection or not, that is determined more by your browsing habits than by what defensive programs you have installed.

Adding extra real-time protection increases the chance of program conflicts, as both compete for similar resources, and though some programs will sit happily alongside each other, there is no saying whether a future update to either will affect that happy equilibrium or not.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby joaie » August 8th, 2021, 1:36 am

thank you for your reply !

i was thinking of something like voodoo for instance

and then, is where can i learn how to tweak eset properly so it protects at its best?

thank you in advance!
joaie

Unread postby Gary R » August 8th, 2021, 4:48 am

There have been a number of process firewalls (which is what Voodoo is) over the years, and most have not lasted long, mostly because they tend to inhibit the computer's use, and because they need a level of knowledge if you are to use them effectively.

UAC which comes with Windows is a process firewall, but one that is a much "watered down" version of something like Voodoo, and many people find it intrusive having to "approve things all the time".

As for setting up e-set, well the default settings are generally adequate for most people's use. As I said in my previous post, your likelihood of contracting an infection are determined more by your browsing habits than by what defensive programs you have, or how you have them set up.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby joaie » August 8th, 2021, 4:57 am

I appreciate your explanation. I take notes from your knowledge and I will apply it indeed, I find it an interesting guideline / mindset.
Thank you and have a nice day!
joaie

Unread postby Gary R » August 8th, 2021, 11:41 am

You're welcome. :)
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions