Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

IOBits ? - Yes or No ?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

IOBits ? - Yes or No ?

Unread postby cd5762 » April 19th, 2019, 3:03 pm

I understand, the illicit selling techniques, however, since Windows 95, I have been an "I gotta scan my registry - it's just my thing" - is there a way IObits & Malware Bytes can have a positive future together? :) - just an afterthought, not a real OMG Help, type of a question. Actually, I am goose bumped & honestly grateful, for this opportunity to be here. (I have actually, considered going thru Malwarebytes college, did not know there was one!), I am thankful for this opportunity to speak within this community. :cheers: :flower: :D :flower: :cheers:
cd5762

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: IOBits ? - Yes or No ?

Unread postby Gary R » April 19th, 2019, 5:54 pm

"Registry Optimisers" like IOBit are a complete and utter waste of time. Your Registry does not need optimising, no one's Registry does. If it ever needs to be edited, it should be done by someone who knows what they are doing, and any edits they make should be the minimum needed to achieve the result they are aiming for.

All that these so called Registry Optimisers do, is remove orphans. Now the Registry is remarkably tolerant of orphans, and will happily run with thousands of them in place with no measurable affect on the performance of your computer. However, mistakenly remove just one "orphan" that is not really an orphan, but is in fact a needed Registry entry, and the results can vary from the mildly annoying to the catastrophic.

So the question you need to ask yourself is whether any non-existent performance gains you might get from running a Registry Optimiser, are worth the very real risks they pose to the well being of your machine if they get something wrong ........ and "automatic" tools of this type will pretty much all false flag something sooner or later.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby cd5762 » April 20th, 2019, 3:50 pm

as a NON-Pro, I truly agree. I guess, my only element of creating the damage is to spend countless hours, fixing the damage, and learning, a bit of... Whoa! Do Not do that again. - I cannot explain, The WHY part, as I do a 3-hour Recovery, b/c of (no particular name of utility), has accidentally taken out a few loose strings. I guess I best take up this issue with my shrink :) - as I continue to stumble on that path, grab a utility (again, no name here) receive an update, and do it all again since my machine is running perfectly. - I cannot explain, the addiction. (let alone of the countless dollars spent) Thank You for the reply. :) - I'm getting more and more comfortable to be here.
cd5762

Unread postby Gary R » April 20th, 2019, 5:24 pm

If you don't mind me saying, I think there's a couple of old proverbs ..... "curiosity killed the cat" and "if it ain't bust, don't fix it" .... which it might be apt for you to consider. ;)
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby cd5762 » April 22nd, 2019, 5:07 pm

Gary,
You made my day, just as a bit of coming around to wisdom,
i just 'dis' connected with one of my life-long Tech Support
on-line utility programs. Not saying, that I'm giving up everything, well' not yet. :)
Thank you, for the more than common sense share. - "On to installed utility removal"
baby steps, you know.

p.s. io bits are hanging by a thread :)
cd5762

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions