Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Fix the delay when surfing the web

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Fix the delay when surfing the web

Unread postby tan1998 » January 28th, 2018, 11:14 pm

I have a laptop that is used primarily by my wife. She uses Firefox for surfing but the problem she's experiencing seems to be based on a particular site and not the browser. This problem does not exist on the desktop... { my computer }

When opening Firefox, she has a number of tabs loaded as her home page. Only Facebook seems to give her any problem. While loading, it will frequently timeout and she will have to reload. This is true even when opening only the Facebook from favorites without the other tabs.

Our laptop uses our wireless router for connecting.

I have tried all the recommendations found on this site with regards to 'slow' computers.

If anyone has a suggestion, other than not trying to open Facebook, I would appreciate the help. So far, I have:

1. deleted all cookies { although I did eat the chocolate chip cookies }
2. deleted all programs that are not necessary or being used { my wife likes to download games and then not use them }
3. installed WinPatrol { I kinda like the dog barking... }
4. disabled the indexing service
5. emptied the trash { both on the laptop and in the kitchen }

Thanks in advance...
tan1998

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Fix the delay when surfing the web

Unread postby Gary R » January 29th, 2018, 2:21 am

Have you tried the steps in this article ... https://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/vi ... 00#p590200 ... for troubleshooting Firefox ?

If not, please work your way through the suggestions provided and see if that resolves your wife's problem.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Return to General Discussions