Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

P2p mAlware Security question

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

P2p mAlware Security question

Unread postby jbrandes » March 10th, 2015, 8:34 pm

if I were using limewire years ago and used it for music downloading. How likely is it to download malware that changes p2p settings or your sharing folder to make private files available on the limewire network. Is this likely that there is a malware that will do that or for me to catch downloading music
jbrandes

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: P2p mAlware Security question

Unread postby Gary R » March 11th, 2015, 1:27 am

It's impossible to give an accurate answer to the question you ask. All I can say, is that few years back, Limewire was a program that was often found on computers that were infected with Malware, so there is at least the possibility, that if you were a frequent user of the Limewire Network, your computer may have been compromised in the way you suggest.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby jbrandes » March 11th, 2015, 8:25 am

What kind of folders do you think would become public ?
jbrandes

Unread postby Gary R » March 11th, 2015, 10:52 am

No idea.

It would depend entirely on what kind of infection (if any) you had on your computer.

If you're worried about the security of your machine, and believe you may have malware on your computer, then post a set of DDS logs in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, and explain what your concerns are.

A helper will look through your logs, and assist you to remove any infection that may be present.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby jbrandes » March 11th, 2015, 11:09 am

I don't know I was just asking how likely that I downlaoded a file that changed my p2p settings to make my personal files available to the limewire network
jbrandes

Unread postby Gary R » March 11th, 2015, 2:01 pm

As I said earlier, it's impossible to say.

To give an accurate answer it would need someone to analyse your entire Limewire setup, looking at file and folder permissions and a whole lot of other things as well. Even then you could never be 100% sure.

That's why our recommendation is that people do not use P2P programs.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions