Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Tribute to a great friend - Orac

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Tribute to a great friend - Orac

Unread postby Cyborg » June 12th, 2013, 9:24 am

Hello MWR,

It's been a while since I stepped into this place after leaving for Server Support, and due to my other commitments in real life, I had to quit that too.
It's great to see this place grow, and I really do like the new look (kudos to the admins).

Since my induction into MalWare Removal, I had made some very good friends, and the most prominent of them for me being Orac.
He was a VERY good friend, a mentor, and most importantly, one of the most inspiring people I've met in my life. He taught me a lot, ranging from giving me tips on racing cars, to servers and network related stuff.

I was in regular contact with Orac for a long time, during which he told me that he wasn't doing too well, healthwise, as he was suffering from cancer. I then lost contact with him for quite a bit of a time, and today, I signed in here to find him in the MRU Emeritus group. It's very sad, and I feel depressed that I've lost a good friend, but life has to go on.

I'd like all the readers of this thread to observe a moment of silence to a person who has contributed so much to this community from behind the curtains, as an ex-Server support fellow, as a good guide and mentor to everybody who has approached him, and for always being there for this community.

R.I.P Orac. You will always be remembered.

Thank you,
Cyborg.
Cyborg

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Tribute to a great friend - Orac

Unread postby Cypher » June 12th, 2013, 11:56 am

Hi Cyborg,
Good to see you here again.
It was indeed sad news to hear about Orac's passing, he will be sorely missed.
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Gary R » June 12th, 2013, 3:39 pm

Hi Cyborg,

Good to see you again.

I think we all share your feelings about Orac. Robin was a long standing and valued member of this forum, and his dedication and service to MWR was respected by all of us who knew him.

He is much missed, and will always be remembered here.

Gary
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby NonSuch » June 13th, 2013, 1:12 am

Robin always gave 100%. Even while his health was failing, he still gave his best. He was a good person, a valued member of this site, and yes... his presence is very much missed.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Alander » July 2nd, 2013, 12:34 pm

Rest in Peace Robin,

even though I am no longer in MRU, I still remember the times when he was really dedicated in the Server support team :(
Alander

Unread postby Bv202 » August 26th, 2013, 12:26 pm

RIP, Orac :(
Bv202

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions