Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

What type of adware is this?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

What type of adware is this?

Unread postby iowabucks » August 28th, 2012, 3:49 pm

Hey everyone, i just got my new computer built and it's only 3 weeks old and i have been seeing something strange that has to be some type of adware.

First i'll say i'm using Win7 and IE9. Occationally when i'm surfing i will hit the back arrow button and my browser doesn't seem to go anywhere unless it hit it many times. If you right click on the back arrow you will see a supposed history of the last pages you have been to. This history will always show a bunch of pages that i did not visit. Doesn't really do anything other than get in the way occationally.

Looks like this.

Many times i see it's a facebook page or something else. It's not really hurting anything that i know of but just annoying. I feel like i keep a good handle on keeping my computer clean and i have no idea how it got on here. I tried super adblocker but it doesn't even have a place to type in sites you want to block.

Anyone else seen this type of adware before and know how to get rid of it?
iowabucks

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: What type of adware is this?

Unread postby deltalima » August 28th, 2012, 3:56 pm

Anyone else seen this type of adware before and know how to get rid of it?

We would need more information to identify and remove the infection. One of our helpers will work with you if you post a set of DDS logs in the Malware Removal forum by following the instructions here
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: What type of adware is this?

Unread postby askey127 » August 31st, 2012, 8:25 am

That behavior is not abnormal, although you may not like it.
Each time you hit the back button on your browser, it actually has to go back through the list of all the sites displayed on the page first, one at a time, not just the main page address.
This means you will have to click and clear back through all the ads and banners before getting to your "Previous page".
You can get rid of atdmt.com through the use of a HOSTS file, and things like the AdBlock plug-in for Firefox.
You can read about HOSTS files here : http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
They prevent the ads and banners from loading into the web page in the first place.
atdmt.com is an ad tracking site, like doubleclick. They sell your behavior to third parties.

If you think you have an actual infection, post your DDS logs as deltalima suggested, and someone will help.
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Return to General Discussions