Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

I need help with DDS

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

I need help with DDS

Unread postby mike632 » March 20th, 2011, 2:11 am

Trouble finding the correct forum for help but here goes.
I downloaded the DDS file but all I managed after trying to "run" was: "Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". After I press OK I come to "The link needs to be opened with an application ... Video Download-Studio.exe. And after that I just go round in circles. Please help.
Mike
mike632

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: I need help with DDS

Unread postby Gary R » March 20th, 2011, 2:33 am

Is it just DDS you have this trouble with, or do you have similar troubles running other tools or files.

Please open a topic in the Malware Removal forum, and explain that you are unable to run a DDS scan (and/or any other programs you have trouble with) , then wait for a reply.

Your helper will talk you through what you need to do.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby jaine » September 19th, 2012, 3:34 am

Hi,Manage to solve this issue, posting is at Intel SSD Community:
http://communities.intel.com/message/131108#131108
Finally manage to get the SSD to run Intel SSD Toolbox as follow:

1. boot to usb drive and run Acronic Disk Director to wipe out partition, create primary partition and format.2. restart to boot from Win 7 SP1 usb drive to install Win 7 in sata mode
3. modify registry to enable AHCI mode and change BIOS setting to run AHCI mode4. install all drivers
5. install Intel SSD Toolbox 2.0.2 version and run fine.
so thanks
jaine

Unread postby Gary R » September 19th, 2012, 4:28 am

DDS which Mike632 was asking about 18 months ago is not quite the same thing as SSD, which you've just posted about. ;)
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions